1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Milking it for all its worth

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Sep 29, 2016.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

the telegraph is milking this situation for all it is worth to the detriment of English football ..they have no other news to give interest, although the sad state of affairs with the train crash will bring out the morbidity aspect.

I get fed up with the same old RUSSIANS, Aleppo, Syrians, WAR CRIMINAL assad, repeats and glorifying ...it is all ...its sad tell us about it then move on ....
    Newcastle make a come back ..... 3 or 4 different BBC stories about it ....

2. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of this nonsense within football is a destructive cheating cult that is growing under the radar in an Italian manner, and how much is The Dear Press using/abusing our national game to sell newspapers again.
    Sooner the newspaper companies are out of business and replaced by web based media the better.

One thing is for sure. We don't need The Telegraph here in England to help us make a piss-poor job of our national side.
    Its something we are already world class at.

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

When money is involved be prepared to accept anything coming down the pipes. Barnsley are the latest in a long list of claims about the wrongdoing going on in the sport and the link to our current boss might not have gone unnoticed. I am not naïve enough not to think it has been going on for decades and the original case that hit the headlines involved several players who were permanently banned (Sheff Wed?) back in the sixties and here was me thinking we had learned our lesson.

P.S Why can't I post a thread reply in the normal manner rather than go the options page to post????

4. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

believe that was a bloke named peter swan banned for about ten years ( i can see that happening now) after being caught up in a betting scandal.

5. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

The moral high ground has been consistently taken v EUFA & FIFA.

It is clear that the FA, FL and EPL struggle (?) to keep their house in order.

The Telegraph was the paper that broke the MP's expenses scandal. Here they are acting as a third party due to the FA, FL and EPL's failings. This could be the tip of an iceburg. The Telegraph can hound as much as they like.

Redprintt likes this.
  6. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Surely in this case the FA have acted well - as soon as the issue was raised they sacked the Manager

7. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

He resigned with a £1m pay off didn't he.. thats hardly sacking him!!

As stated we have taken a very high opinion of our own morals with regards FIFA etc.. seems pretty hypocritical to me..

Redprintt likes this.
  8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

EVEN IF it /all went to the digital age it would still happen .. look how many sites you may go on have unrelated links with stories "newsy items" not that much out of date, even sometimes todays news!
    That is how a true fact gets bastardised into a rumour that glorifies an event that escalates into a situation far removed from the truth .. it was VERY WELL PUBLISHED .......Sam and the FA realised it could be a mucky period trying to dispel " the comments of the telegraph" or indeed try to negotiate a path that would smooth out the path ... SO BY MUTUAL CONSENT and contractual payment he left ...NOT SACKED ...LEFT

Fifa was a rotten core, and when an alledged "criminal mind" (fraudster) is head of the party it makes sense he will draw in those only/mostly of a like mind