1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moyes has to go

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by DAPARKERSAFC, Mar 18, 2017.

1. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Yes I am/was but don't take much notice of my username, I've branched out now mate.

2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Well you'd know all about glory days being over <laugh>

We've won two major honours in the last 12 months, that's more than you've won in about 60 years.

Wee club <ok>

3. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

I think we have just come to the end of the line unless results pick up. I just feel that Moyes is the one left holding the baby as he has had so little to work with.

We can dress it up or down on what we see as his personal failings or lack of whatever but the hard truth is that despite our best efforts the footballing Gods have conspired against us and relegation looms large. Maybe he should ask Poyet who he prayed to for his miracle.

mackemwelder likes this.
  4. nufc4life1

nufc4life1 Active Member

Glo
    ry days what glory days

5. mackemwelder

I think he's on about the time when you were clear by 12 points under KK and then Sir Alex took out his fishing rod and got a massive bite.

6. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Well to completely trump everything that's gone wrong this season, and I'm not wishing this on the lad, but Defoe gets his long awaited return to the England set up, he picks up a serious season finishing injury, and we end the season being had over by the FA set up just like we were when they lured BSA away in the Summer.

Could that just possibly happen?

7. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

<yikes> I scanned that at first and went searching for the Defoe injury!! Then re-read it and realised it was hypothetical!! Don;t think even Defoe can keep us up - my biggest worry about him now is that he tries to ensure he's not injured by not giving as much when he needs to with 50/50 challenges etc!

8. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Was anyone listening to Drive Time on Talk Sport last night?
    Adrian Durham was questioning the wisdom of calling Defoe in to the England squad coz he hasn't scored in a few games - bloody idiot

Obviously Defoe's scoring record for a team that has 35ish% possession, feeding off scraps etc etc is poor in his expert opinion

What a bell end

mackemwelder likes this.
  9. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it mate, Durham is a cock.
    He's deliberately controversial to get more people phoning in.
    Buck teethed, ginger twat.

10. Tel (they/them)

They've come close to winning real trophies, about 3 times in the last 30 years or so, and we've spoiled it for them 2 times. <laugh>

It's no wonder there's an element of their fan base that hate us so much. I'd be surprised if they'd put Ruud Van Nistelrooy any lower than ISIS on a list of people they hate.

They'd take a stadium full of Jimmy Savile's if it meant they could fork out £50m on players as and when they wish, instead they have to settle for £5m for fat Grant Hanley.

11. mackemwelder

Isn't that what they have now? have you been to Scumsville lately?

12. Tel (they/them)

I have two trips pencilled in for this year, should I be aware of anything before I go?

I like the city centre to be fair, never seen any trouble there and always packed to the rafters with sluttski.

I understand your hatred to run deep, perhaps a little deeper than mine for the scousers as I must confess to enjoying many a night out in Liverpool.

13. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

If you shag a Bigg Market slapper, saddle up ffs.
    You don't know what might crawl down your jappa & find it's way into your bloodstream.

14. Tel (they/them)

Not likely to happen, but thanks for the advice, I'll let other lads know <ok>

15. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

The bloke is a total doom merchant and is incapable of inspiring anyone - never mind a team struggling at the bottom of the league.
    I've just done a quick search on some of the key things that he has said to the press during his time here:

23-Jul-2016
    “I am delighted to have joined Sunderland. I am relishing the challenge and excited by the opportunity”
    Re Man U sacking: "I’ve said all along I was unfairly treated. When you sign a six-year contract and you end up there ten months, yeah, I believe I was [treated badly]."
    1-Aug-2016
    “Both M’Vila and Yedlin made decent impacts. They are players who we have talked about in the last week a lot, and we have spoken to people about them."
    “So I would say that they are players who are out there, but they are among a number of players who we are looking at."
    "I want to see if there are better players than that available, or if there is better value. I’m having to find out about the market quickly, and seeing what is there."
    12-Aug-2016
    “Adnan will give us a different variation,I have to get him back to the level he played at two years ago.He will get every opportunity to do the business. I'm hoping the Sunderland fans will see the real Adnan Januzaj.”
    21-Aug-2016
    “Fans would be right (if they feared relegation) because that's what we've had here for four years”
    “We are working really hard, everybody knows we are short and we will get the players”
    21-Jan-2017
    “I'd be kidding you on if I said the players we are going to bring in in January are going to massively make a big difference, because, first of all, we probably couldn't get that level of player and secondly, we probably wouldn't have the finances to do that.”
    20-Mar-2017
    “I decided I wanted Jack and Gibbo together. I thought the game might suit more Britishness in the middle of the pitch.I just felt I would go with that in the middle and the two boys up front.”

It only took him 10 years to sort out Everton. Come on Ellis Short admit your chosen one is the wrong man for this club and move on.

16. mackemwelder

Honestly mate if I go out drinking or for a meal I always go to Scumsville, mind I have a shower when I get home just to be on the safe side :)

Nowt to worry about really and i'm sure you'll enjoy it and please tell all afterwards :)

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  17. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="marcusblackcat, post: 10354153, member: So let me get this right. Despite missing 2 gilt edged opportunities to score which came about as part of Moyes tactics... It's Moyes fault we didn't win on Saturday? Can't work that out. The team kept a clean sheet. Bonus. The "attackers" missed sitters (Jones and Borini) why us it Moyes fault they missed those chances?[/QUOTE]
    Exactly but just a thought I don't think this David Moyes is the one Short wanted - he's damaged goods now courtesy of his Man U experience. I'm clinging to the hope that we'll (unexpectantly) get 3pts off Man U and Dour Dave will be negative baggage free

18. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't think there's much anti Man Utd sentiment within the fan base. Well certainly no more or no less than any other set of fans (barring Liverpool and City)

19. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

<laugh> I'll never ever forget my first time walking down the Bigg market at night. I was 15 and it certainly was an experience.

20. Tel (they/them)

In my experience, there's a fair few bitter NUFC fans who I have no trouble whipping up into a frenzy when I start talking about events from the mid-90's.

I only have to look at how often that 5-0 still gets brought up 20 years later, to see how much it hurt the Newcastle fans, when we cantered to the league title diminishing your 12 point lead along the way.

Billy Death likes this.