1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Newcastle United v Aston Villa - Official Buildup/Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Newcastle United v Aston Villa

Saturday 28th February 2015

Kick off 3pm @ SJP

Injuries

Betting (from Paddy Power)

Head To Head

Streams
    http://www.firstrow.org/

ACS's View

I think we will lose 1-2. Villa need the points and we are like a charity at the moment.​

2. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I'm not just on a downer because of the weekend but I think we are going to come up against them at the wrong time. I would have rather that they beat Stoke to have got that first win under Sherwood out of the way. I'm with you ACS 1-2.

3. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

I can see this being a 0-2. We are dire; they have a new manager and seem to be playing with a lot more fight.

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

1-2 defeat for us plunging the mackems into trouble as Burnley also take 3 points. We really need a win though. I think we will get sucked back in if we don't win this one. The fixtures do not look great if we get in a rut.

5. Sheikh_of_Araby

I can us going into free fall. Ashley has gambled yet again and this time it could backfire massively.

6. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I agree that we will lose, but it depends when Villa score. If its inside the 1st 10 minutes, you could see us fall apart. Very important game as the fixtures coming up will be hard

Man u (h)
    Everton (a)
    Arsenal (h)
    Mackems (a)
    Lpool (a)
    Spurs (h)
    Swansea (h)

I can probably see us picking up 1 or 2 points from those games, based on our squad and you just know players will pick up injuries, its happened all season so why would it stop now.

After these games i can see us being around 15/16 position and having 4 games left to try and save our season

7. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

3-1 to the TOON!

<party><party><party>

8. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I was thinking how our injury list is smaller now... then I remembered we got rid of a load of players in January...

9. whack&blite

whack&blite Active Member

I can't see anything other than a defeat for us. We look totally clueless at both ends of the pitch and devoid of confidence and most importantly, motivation. Villa will be up for this.

10. Sheikh_of_Araby

All it takes is for a few sides below us to start picking up points. I can see us repeating our form from last season. That means potentially we are in trouble.

11. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

The manner of the defeat to Manchester City was the worry for me.

The scoreline was a by-product and should have been higher.

John Carver loves Newcastle United with a passion and I have nothing but respect for all his hard work and dedication over the years.
    The truth is though, that he is horribly out of his depth as the first-team coach.

One win in eight games this year tells it's own story.

We're starting to slide really badly again and Aston Villa must be looking forward to playing us.

I see a defeat on Saturday and a very long and difficult struggle for the rest of the season.

12. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Draw written all over this. In all likelihood we'll scrape enough points to survive, but I can well see us going the rest of the season without winning again.

13. Sheikh_of_Araby

I can't honestly see how we can get a win. The derby - I'd like to say that the only saving grace is that Sunderland are worse than us, but they always turn up for that one game.

14. Lord Jonjomort

Interestingly this is the week when the financial reports usually come out. If they were men of any kind of morality or integrity, they'd be literally cacking their pants at having to show the world ludicrous profits while a threadbare team trots out utter sh!t like Saturday.

I genuinely think Ashley and Charnley were fully expecting to already be at 40 points before they had to publish the figures, able to then scoff and gloat at our pathetic requests for "ambition" and "investment"....."PAH", they'd say. "You puny minded fools should never question our capitalist-filled super-brains", they'd boast. And they may well have had a point....except we have Cardew in charge, Haidara and Williamson offering daily reminders of how bad we are, and a points tally/fixture list that is a HUGE cause for concern.

Who knows, maybe the party line will be "look at all the money we've made, we'll be safe as houses in the Championship".

15. Sheikh_of_Araby

Said this elsewhere - Gloating about how profitable the business is and using it as an example is a bit like saying that a car has the most amazing bodywork, is gorgeous to look at from the outside and is worth a fortune, but in reality has a **** a engine that isn't fit for purpose. That is NUFC.

16. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Ive been looking forward to perusing the financials, however, with so many holding companies, so many ways of Mike hiding money and with rubbish sponsership deals and free advertising its nowhere near where it should be.

July 13 - July 14 - In - only one player was signed for a "fee" and that was Kemen, all other deals were loans, Luuk and Loic.

July 13 - July 14 - Out - 13 permanent's including cabaye and a whole bunch of releases, such as harper, shola, simpson, perch, gosling. There where around 15 loan deals out as well, where we probably wernt paying full wages.

I fail to see how we havent made a signficant profit and would be shocked if it was under 20-25m.

We had no real expendature apart from wages (not the highest wage budgert might I add) all we basically did for that year was take in money. However i know the numbers will be botched however Mike Ashley wants them

17. Lord Jonjomort

This is what I am so keen to see. I think the guess of £20-25m is incredibly conservative; with the new deals for TV having kicked in during this financial period, we could well be looking at £40m profit. What happens to that money is anyone's guess. He could repay himself, he's entitled to do that. Not really any point, he wants to keep NUFC by the bowlocks.

One other thought I have recently had - a lot of companies who are thinking of going IPO tend to need to show consistency and profitability. With the loan to Ashley keeping the clubs testes firmly in his moist palms, he could potentially float the company and hold onto a shed load of shares, meaning he could retain his advertising and his interest, whilst his overall investment turns an even bigger profit. Perhaps those of a financial background could explain whether THIS, and not an outright sale, could be in his thoughts? The possible benefit for us is that investment is likely.

18. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's not in his interest to float. You only do that if you need to raise money and he doesn't. He's got plenty of cash. It would make it harder for him to do his dirty little advertising deals as other shareholders would demand that SD pay the going rate and it would also complicate a potential sale when he decides he wants out.
    If he has surplus profit and cash the best thing for him to do would be reduce his loan. It's like a tax free dividend. After all what else could he possibly need to spend the money on - we already have Mike Williamson.

whack&blite likes this.
  19. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Do we know how much of this loan he is supposedly due back? I can't see how that when the new TV money kicks in at the very least he shouldn't have been able to pay himself back. He's been creaming it in for years. I reckon we need about 40 mill spent on players in the summer mind you. We are just so short.

Shearers Right Boot likes this.
  20. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think he is still owed a fair old whack to be honest. He must still be owed upwards of 80m??? At a guess. Probably miles out but sadly I think I may be lowballing him. He invested a huge chunk of his own money to buy us. His intention was clear when he bought us, sell his main business. SJH told us that was the case. Sadly I think he thought Mike meant in a Red Bull type way, i.e. big investment to win and have your business associated with winners. :emoticon-0106-cryin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.