1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next seasons shirt sponsors

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I would have thought that the new owners would have a good sponsor lined up for next season in attempt to bring in good money for DC to use. Or even use their own company (the Jordanian bank) to sponsor the shirt, which a few club owners do in attempt to get past the FFP rules.

However, I am pleased to say that our owners are sticking with the 1883 sponsor draw where local businesses can enter in to the draw and hope to be picked like previous seasons.

The reason why I am pleased is because most of the companies buying into the draw will be gasheads and they can win the sponsorship of our kit for cheap money. Its good to see proper gasheads sponsor the club over big rich companies trying to get richer.
    Also doing it this way, providing we get good interest, the club recieve more money than most clubs in league 1 & 2 and more than a good amount of championship clubs get for 1 season sponsorship. Last season we got 97 entries which amounted to 97k and add VAT on top of that. That is brilliant for 1 season. Although some on the red side of Bristol previously thought (and may still think) its a tinpot idea, we end up financially better off and is something that Higgs did get right!

This season, to enter the draw is £1250 plue VAT for each ticket. So the price has gone up a bit but that is what you expect for a top 10 league 1 club when compared to paying £1000 when we were non league!

Im glad we are sticking with what we have previously been doing. Well done Wael <ok>

Closing date for applications is Monday 3rd April, with the draw taking place at The Mem on Monday 10th April at 1.00pm.

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news...king-entries-3511008.aspx#KPedPVGhBr0xWLWY.99

bs3 gas likes this.
  2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

When Wael took over he said that the idea was to build on what the club had rather than throw money at it for a quick fix, like you CJS I believe that this way of sponsoring the club shirt gets people involved with the club and not just somebody who wants his name in front of thousands of people when we play at the Mem. It was good to see NH get credit for the idea in your post as most people just seemed to want to hammer the guy

bs3 gas likes this.
  3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I give credit where and when its due my friend <ok>

old timer likes this.
  4. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Excellent news we should be helping to promote and advertise local business