1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Now that was a performance

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Right credit to someone at BCFC the team was set up correctly,the players new what they were doing,the team formation was spot on.

I have said from day one the players here are good enough for top six.
    What we do not have, is a management team to guide and select a team that can gel and be confident and produce on a continuous basis.
    Too much chopping and changing.

One result, and the best this season against third in the league making them look ordinary is not good enough.
    If LJ is here for the forseable future,he has a mountain to climb to get the fans believing he is the man too take this club forward.
    However tonight was a step in the right direction.
    Well done<applause><applause><applause>

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Come on RR, it doesn't happen very often, but you have to credit LJ tonight....game plan spot on..and another clean sheet......Maybe having Jamie Mc has helped.
    Anyway, without getting carried away, much much better.....I'm not saying that it's the case, but maybe JP was part of the problem in what LJ wanted.....just saying!!

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Did you enjoy watching it on TV Neil? As you did tell anyone that would listen that you wasn't going again.

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Maybe JP was the issue, we have won 2 and drawn 1 since he left and scored 6 and only conceded 1 - I'm just saying!!

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  5. Red Robin

:emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl: Is the apprentice beginning to learn after all this time<doh><doh><doh>

P.S I see the crowds have dropped 2 to 3 thousand.

6. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

RR said "right credit to someone at BCFC" the team was set up correctly, well you must mean LJ, according to your many many posts he sets the team up, so you must mean fair play Lee for a great result 4-0, and a clean sheet again

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Which is common when games are live on sky.

Still didn't answer my question about going or not? If you didn't please stay away as you must be the bad luck charm.

8. Red Robin

Picked the right night for sky,horrendous weather tonight:(:(:(

9. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Great match to watch, missing City but managed to watch the game on a flatmate's sky go with several tinnies of thatch. Like being back in Brizzle again

Red Robin and bcfcredandwhite like this.
  10. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Bugger !
    I had to do a gig tonight and missed it !

Very happy indeed to hear some good news from BS3 for a change though
    Well done the Reds, and roll up your sleeves now for the great resurrection

Red Robin likes this.

11. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Credit LJ where it's due,got tactics spot on tonight. Magnificent performance

Red Robin likes this.
  12. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

We now need to follow this up with results against Blackburn and Wolves. Whilst without doubt last night was a great result we need to beat our fellow strugglers more than the top teams.

For example if we had beaten Burton 4-0 and drawn last night 0-0 we would be so much better off, as it stands if everyone matches result for result we still go down, so gaining confidence and not being nervous against the bottom teams is now key, we don't seem to have any fear against the top 5-6 teams! Next home game against Wolves is massive, if we win that and the games against Blackburn and Brum, I think we will be safe even if we lose all the rest.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Red Robin and TampaBayBCFC like this.
  13. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

You have to give LJ some credit - he got the tactics exactly right - and it's obvious he still has the dressing room

14. leez

leez Well-Known Member

destroyed them easy ...they blame the ref again on there forums lol..

well done
    That c forward looks a real good player for you, only 19 years old ( class)

You will stay up ...best of luck

15. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

I do have a nagging doubt that the players wanted to look good on sky so they can get out of the madhouse that AG has seemingly become. O'Dowda had a great game and last time he did that LJ dropped him. Really enjoyed myself for the time in months at AG but the break comes just at the wrong time and I still worry Lee will **** it up again next game. However for now well done the whole team - players and coaches - for last night.

Red Robin likes this.
  16. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Cheers Leez - glad we did you a favour

Yes young Tammy is class - I'm guessing Chelsea will loan him to a Prem club next season - you could do worse?

leez likes this.
  17. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Tammy will play for England - thats a no-brainer

18. leez

leez Well-Known Member

yep , very impressed .. a lot of your team looked good to be honest ..left and right full backs awesome.. and the big c half with the flick lol

19. Red Robin

Exactly what i thought:grin::grin:

20. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Morning Chaps - managed to avoid looking at the phone all afternoon whilst on the final day of Spring Break with the kiddos. Sat down for yet another depressing evening watching City on US Cable TV - every game they've shown this season we've lost...........and was as happy as the proverbial pig in sh#t!

Just a few niggles to dampen the spirits though....Tomlin & O'Neil just cannot do the simple things. Everything has to be a flick as opposed to an easy pass which would then set up the next phase of play. That, in my opinion, is the difference between a good and bad team - keep the ball and find the openings. Don't try and be the showman all the time as we cannot afford to keep squandering possession. I'm all for entertaining the fans but we don't have that luxury right now. LJ needs to ensure that we utilize the ball and not give it away so needlessly.

O'Dowda needs a little more discipline with his defensive duties as on several occasions he failed to track back and left Bryan exposed. But he had a fine game overall, apart from not finding Cotterill in a massive expanse of space on the right, preferring to give the ball to Tomlin in a worse position. Cotterill, IMO, should be resigned permanently as he looked very good and up for the task.

The defence looked good tonight - to a man they threw themselves into challenges to deny Huddersfield opportunities and Fielding looked assured when called upon. I was having a bit of a fit when 3 defenders all chased after the same player in the first half - I coach my 12 year olds to never commit so many players like that...but then we won the ball and it set up Tomlin's goal. Still, that's a big no no.

As another poster noted, let's hope this was not a performance for the cameras for those that might want to better themselves next season if the worse happens. Let;s hope it was a return to the early season form that filled us all with hope.

Play like that against Blackburn & Wolves and things will look a whole lot better.

Enjoy your weekend!

Red Robin likes this.