1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oh deary me.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Nov 28, 2015.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Not quite the wake up call I needed when I read the result from Rotherham a few minutes ago, and you know my problem now is I am starting to get very uncaring about Bristol City and their performances. I just don't see any desire or ambition on the part of my lifelong club and the worst thing is I don't think they even know how to achieve success.

I never believed that I would ever give myself that kind of message but sadly I have more important things to do than follow a team that clearly is lost and even more sadly doesn't even know the directions to where it wants to be. Apart from that Mrs Lincoln how was the show? Not much more to say is there?

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Must admit after 2-0 I totally lost all interest first points dropped against a team in the same mini league as us and other results were not as kind as they could have been.. roll on may the first

3. invermeremike

It will be interesting to see SC's comments after this match and although I know that he has to try and put a positive spin on our situation I am starting to find all the signs point to the fact that we are not prepared for this challenge.

I watched the Hull City vs Derby County yesterday and after our performance today I think the rams would make us look like the team we really are. False position is not where we are, but rather a team not able to compete, and it's time we admitted that sorry fact and do something about it.

4. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Here we go again......One bad defeat & panic kicks in, we will be fine Inver.

Tom_BCFC and RedorDead like this.
  5. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Stop talking sense! We're doomed and league 1 is on the horizon!

Tom_BCFC likes this.
  6. Red Squid

Red Squid Well-Known Member

We were clearly the best team for the first 8 minutes and probably played the best football over the whole game but making chances counts for nothing if they are not taken. From where I was standing all three goals were preventable. Why stand off to allow the shot for the first goal. However good the strike, prevent or block the shot. What a stupid thing to do to concede the penalty. Unbelievable that people near me thought the ref got it wrong. If he hadn't given it that would have been wrong. We would have wanted that at the other end! The third goal also resulted from a mistake. I know we were chasing the game but the cross should have been headed out for a corner. Keeping it in play created an unnecessary chance which Rotherham took. Looking for an improvement next week. Other results generally went for us today. I'll be at Huddersfield and Derby and I don't want to return as disappointed as I did today.

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

<applause>

8. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

The silence from everyone at board/owner level is deafening!
    The only utterances are from Cotterill, who every match, is claiming we are the better footballing side, ran the game and so on.
    The object of any sport is to score more/quicker time than the opposition. More balls potted in snooker, tries at rugby, cross the finish line first and, yes, score more/concede less goals in a football match.
    The Rotherham fans went home yesterday, deliriously happy at three points even if they were not the best footballing team!

City fans basked in the glory of playing a better quality of passing and ball retention than The Millers?
    What a load of bollox!

As Invermere Mike has often said in the past. "Smell the coffee". This team has relegation stamped all over it unless a minor miracle happens between now and next May.

9. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

before todays game we only had 3 defeats in 10 games. That's not relegation form. As for not hearing anything from the board or owner level, what exactly are you hoping for? what do you want them to tell you? They would just tell us everything we already know.

Redandy likes this.
  10. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

It may be only 3 defeats but most matches were draws and we were still averaging about 1 point a game which is relegation form.

11. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

However we want to dress it up, yesterday was a 6-pointer and we came second.

A bad day at the office.

Redprintt likes this.
  12. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Basso would have done a lot better their first goal.
    According to SC, that was the killer.

13. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Dean Gerkin was pulling off top quality saves for Ipswich yesterday..

Apparently he wasn't good enough for us?

14. johngalleyfan2

20% of Ipswich success is ex Bristol City !

Caldicot Cider Red likes this.
  15. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

This season is starting to drain me now. Too many questions not answered, like why havn't certain players stepped up to the mark? is it as simple as they are not good enough? Freeman is the outstanding one here, he looked a step above the whole of L1 last term, and now looks like a L2 player? Flint? Pack? Ayling? One of own? where are they hiding.....Agard is L1 at best so whats happening with Cox and the other striker we loaned (can't even remember his name!)...worrying times ahead me thinks......

16. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

The apparent unwillingness to play Cox is baffling???

17. invermeremike

Is there something in our DNA that precludes us from success at a higher level? We seem to wander around like lost sheep and believe we have an automatic right to achieve our goals as dictated by the owner, but when it comes down to making good footballing decisions we fall flat on our arses. The decisions that the supporters have to digest every day just baffle me beyond my usual state of mass confusion, and when I read that our manager is slightly concerned that we basically have only one goalkeeper makes me wonder is there anyone down on the farm that understands our actual needs? When I watch the footy on the telly I see many ex-Bristol City players plying their trade at a higher and more successful level and ask the question as to why they never hang around Ashton Gate for too long?

Perhaps it's the cider fumes cidered.

18. johngalleyfan2

25 MINS ON sAT

19. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

And only because Kodjia went off with an injury

20. johngalleyfan2

COULD HAVE PLAYED WILBS