1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Orlando City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by steverico, Mar 1, 2015.

1. OedipusTex

OedipusTex Well-Known Member

That's a very good point, Ellewoods. My gut feel is that they will come together at the 11th hour and the season will start as planned. Both sides must know that the league, though growing, holds a precarious position in the American sports scene and labor trouble could be disastrous for everyone. Of course, this assumes their union has better sense than the idiots that run the NFL and MLB players unions. Fortunately, the league has more pull here than the owners, another plus for MLS over the NFL and MLB.

2. OedipusTex

OedipusTex Well-Known Member

No argument there. LOL!

3. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

I think that worst case there is a strike for a week nothing of any large consequence. My guess is they will compromise at around 27 with a minimum of 5 years in the league. Real free agency will come in the next CBA, I can understand why the owners want it delayed a bit with the expansion costs for the league being what they are right now.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The fans of San Jose must sing Do You Know The Way To San Jose?

Please tell me they do, it would be criminal not to.

Ideally, the Frankie Goes To Hollywood version.

5. ellewoods

Na they don't. They seriously just chant Uh San Jose over and over. You would think Silicon Valley types might be a bit more creative but it sure doesn't seem like it.

6. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Still more creative than some of our chants

7. ellewoods

They just built a new stadium so I am hoping that a larger brand new stadium will help inspire some new chants.

8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

A shameful wasted opportunity.

9. ellewoods

True, they did however build the largest exterior bar in the US in the new stadium it's like 150 feet long and 10 feet wide so it's like 320 feet of bar. In fact they cared more about that then putting stands on that side of the stadium. I'll turn on the computer so I can show u what I am talking about.

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

If they've got a 320ft bar, I'll let them off.

11. ellewoods

See, who needs a stadium that goes all the way around when you can have a massive bar to get drunk at?

The website says its the largest outdoor bar in North America at 3,647 square feet with 45 beers on tap. The seats are all blue now and the pitch is nicer, that photo was during construction it opens on Saturday for the first time.

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Doesn't look a bad stadium.

13. ellewoods

It looks better now than in that photo, it isnt to bad. Personally I do think its strange to skip a whole section of the stadium just to build a bar. They way it has been built it has an 18,000 capacity with 14,000 of that being season tickets(all are sold out with a waiting list for future seasons). I am sure just about every game will be sold out.

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Is there a limit on how many seats can be sold as season tickets in the MLS?

Here it's 80%, with 10% having to be made available to away fans(up to a ceiling of 3,000) and 10% having to be sold as match day tickets(though you may well have known that already).

15. ellewoods

I cant find any rules on what % of seats have to be available for single purchase. I would guess we dont have rules like that as our other sports have no such rules. We have no rules on tickets for away fans because we dont have away fans. If an away fan wants to go they just purchase tickets off the clubs website like any other fan does. In the situation like the California Clasico (LA vs SJ) played in Standford's Football Stadium with a capacity of 90,000 I think they just let how every many fans of each club want to go buy tickets even then I dont think there are any particular rules. We do not have problems with fans, away fans or hooliganism like you all do so we have no regulations really when it comes to ticket purchases, alcohol (minus you cant buy it after a certain time in the game), when you can buy tickets, where you can sit, travel regulations etc.

16. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

The reason I originally posted this was to point out that in the land of the brand, two football teams chose to include City in their names, which makes Allams decision to lose City from ours petty, spiteful and totally without financial foundation that the change would be profitable.

After last Saturday's Twitter storm started by Burnsy's rumour that all is unclear at the FA about the name change it is time that we as fans against the name change stopped pussy footing about with Allam amd tell him to just **** off and leave now.

17. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

*Did about 30 years ago

Now we just have a bunch of ****ing useless coppers that abuse their powers* by lieing about football fans being the biggest threat to the civilised world** in order to make themselves feel big, probably because when they try doing it with black people nowadays they go and set off a massive riot***.

*West Yorkshire Police, South Yorkshire Police, those dopey twats that deal with the Newcastle/Sunderland games, etc
    **"Hull City fans might go into pubs in the town before the game" apparently being enough "intelligence" to merit WYP restricting our basic freedom of movement.
    ***The Met getting overly physical at a protest about overzealous policing in London just after they'd shot dead one of the local community.

18. ellewoods

Sure I should have said "did". It isn't like we don't have violence of course ours just doesn't involve sports fans directly. Lots of street gangs have colors that correspond to local teams so there are places that wearing the wrong hat can get you shot but that's about it really. We do have riots after teams win titles, that happens all the time, especially college titles.

19. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

Almost always true because of the distances involved. But last year when I went to see Portland play at the Flounders there were designated areas for the visiting supporters. I had to buy tickets via the Portland website for these. I was told by my buddies in Portland this is true for all the "Cascadia Cup" games between Portland, Seattle and Vancouver where the away followings are usually quite good. They also said that this may get extended to include matches with San Jose this year as well.

20. ellewoods

It's a 7 hour drive just to get to Eugene there is no way that many people are going to Portland to watch a game.