1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well Mr Trump and obama are full of the stufff. :emoticon-0172-mooni

2. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I have not had any angry exchanges with the stewards Sensible but I have heard some stories.

The closest I have come was when my grandfather, who struggles to walk up stairs (so we sit in lower mayflower as there are only a few down to the seats),was after the Accrington game struggling to get up the stairs - the male stewards stood next to the railings by the foot of the stairs, looked once at him and then turned their backs to him. I was walking back from the loo and spotted this - thankfully as I arrived to help him a female steward was just offering him some support.

I cant imagine it is an easy job but taking 5 minutes out of your time to help an elderly gentleman up some stairs is not the hardest task. I spoke to one of them who adamantly replied that they had not seen him.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Do you think they're ex linos?

Mine wasn't an angry exchange as such. I was just a bit surprised to hear him swear at a customer as if that was acceptable and then carry on being a bit of a prat when challenged by me. Maybe it's just me but I can't help saying something in cases like that.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Brendan Rogers has just signed a new four year contract with Celtic.....how embarrassing that must of been for him....with the 'strength' of Scottish football no better than Div 1/2 level.....you would think that he would have to pay them for having such a free ride.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Lets be honest the Celtic job isn't a job at all is it. Anyone, and I literally mean anyone could win the title in Scotland managing Celtic. There simply isn't any competition.

Had a day out with the grandaughters today. Took them to West Hoe Park for a go on the swings and a ride on the Gus Honeybun train. I loved it and even let them have a go. Am bleddy knackered now and expect to sleep till at least mid morning tomorrow.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Chris Errington in his Herald column is suggesting that Ryan Brunt will be released in the summer.

PAFC did stand by him last summer and offered him a new one year contract.....unfortunately he has had set backs in his recovery and will not be involved in anyway this season.....he still isn't involved in any full on training as yet.......and will probably end up moving to another club...possibly at a lower level with less demand on his fitness.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Shame. I think he would have done well for us this season. Very unlucky player.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Fell foul of the scourge of motorists....the traffic warden last week.....

I parked at my local shops in a meter free road....but with a two hour maximum parking time.....parked for about an hour....then went home.

Car on driveway at home for 1hr 45mins.

Mrs Plym drives to the same shops and parks in the same road for less than an hour.....comes back to car and finds a parking ticket on the windscreen....stating that the car had been noted as parked between 12.18pm and 15.25pm in that road...(not in the same place or even facing the same way).

Mrs Plym of course had no idea that I had parked in that same road earlier.

I challenged the penalty charge notice....stating that the car had not been their for that length of time......I received a computer acknowledgement that they had received my email.

Two days later I checked online and looked through the masses of pictures taken by the warden.....came across one picture showing the parking sign and low and behold on the bottom it stated....'no return on same day'. Now the warden had put infringement No 30 (parked over two hours) on ticket.....but of course the car hadn't been parked for more than two hours as stated on that ticket.

I shall wait until I receive a 'human' response to my email.....before I consider paying a farthing (£60 or £30 if paid in first 28 days)......now if I had been rich like 'Joe the plumber boss' and had two cars in the family we wouldn't have had a problem....but being a 'poor' one car family we are not entitled to park with the same car at two different times in the same road....I blame the EU for all this red tape rubbish....get on with it Mrs May and get us out.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Plym, You will only get a computer response for this. You cant be poor , you are a pensioner.. creaming all the benefits and a nice pension :eek::eek:. There wont be any left for me when i retire <yikes>.

Seriously tho, i don't understand why they have these stupid rules on no return? what is that about? I have to have permits at 100.00 a time for the vans to enable us to park in permit zones, and we still get tickets sometimes.. We are only trying to work and get fines for doing so? you cant park anywere now in the student areas.. so we cant do the work.. <steam>

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Fancy blaming Europe for not being able to read a roadside sign Plym. Was the bit you couldn't read written in Polish or Iraqi due to European equality laws?

The reason the rules are there is quite simple really. The object of allowing parking is that a person can do a short visit to the shops thus keeping them in customers. If you allowed somebody to return then what you would get is the same people parking day in day out and moving their car up and down the road every couple of hours to bypass the rule. You know what people are like.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Commuter parking should be there aim not locals just trying to use the shops......bleaging warden might of been polish or Iraqi for all I know.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yet there was you and the missus just using the local shops and not commuting. If it was full of commuters with no spaces left then you wouldn't have been able to shop there and the shops would probably close through lack of customers being able to visit. Fact of life these days. Too many cars which means not enough roadside space for them all to park where they want to. Probably driving mostly foreign bleddy cars from France and Germany as well. Bleddy EU.:police:

13. Greenarmyjoe

German cars are the only decent ones now... we dont make any decent cars...

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't bleddy start with the car thing again for christ sake. <steam>

15. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Wait until they have a 25% tariff on them.......

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Honda are best.....16yrs with a Civic with no breakdowns.....only got rid of it because a new clutch cost more than the value of the car.

Then a Jazz... which a very old lady writ off....by pull away from the kerb as I was going past.....couldn't afford to replace it with another....so I have now got a Citroen C3 which is ok....but not the same as a Honda.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! La la la la la la la.........:emoticon-0178-rock:

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Kevin Nugent lasted only two months at Barnet.....won only once.

19. Greenarmyjoe

they wont put 25% on them .. i will still buy it.. due a new one..

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Harry Redknapp whisked into the Birmingham job before the previous managers chair had got cold.

They sack the manager that had them around the play-offs at Christmas and bring in Zola who hasn't really done anything as a manager....who gets sacked with them hovering just above the relegation dog-fight....who the hell wants to work for an owner like that.....Harry obviously is desperate to get a job by the looks of it.