1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Palace v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, May 13, 2017.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Crystal Palace vs Hull City (Selhurst Park, Sunday 12:00)

Crystal Palace

Team news

James Tomkins and Yohan Cabaye face late fitness tests before Crystal Palace select their XI to host Hull in the Premier League on Sunday.

Manager Sam Allardyce could also recall Scott Dann after a knee problem, though he describes any decision to play the central defender as a "calculated risk".

Joel Ward suffered a broken nose in last week's 5-0 defeat at Manchester City, Andros Townsend is struggling with an Achilles injury, and Mamadou Sakho has damaged knee ligaments to the extent he will not play again this season.

Provisional squad: Hennessey, Speroni, Mandanda, Kelly, Schlupp, Van Aanholt, Dann, Delaney, Tomkins, Fryers, Milivojevic, Flamini, McArthur, Cabaye, Zaha, Puncheon, Townsend, Benteke, Campbell, Lee, Ledley, Sako.

please log in to view this image

Hull City

Team news

Hull will be without winger Lazar Markovic for Sunday's Premier League game at relegation rivals Crystal Palace.

Markovic, on-loan Liverpool, sustained an ankle injury in last week's home defeat to Sunderland and will miss the Tigers' last two matches.

Defender Omar Elabdellaoui (back) will return to contention after missing the last seven games, while midfielder Tom Huddlestone could return to the starting line-up. Head coach Marco Silva has no new injury or suspension worries.

Provisional squad: Jakupovic, Marshall, Robertson, Dawson, Maguire, Ranocchia, Elmohamady, Elabdellaoui, Huddlestone, Evandro, Maloney, Henriksen, Grosicki, Hernandez, Diomande, N'Diaye, Clucas, Niasse, Mbokani.

Nerves at Selhurst Park
    It is less than a month since Sam Allardyce was basking in his own magnificence after Crystal Palace’s win over Liverpool. He should have known better – subsequent defeats by Tottenham, Burnley and City have plunged Palace back into trouble. But, well, y’know. Still, Allardyce remains the ultimate survival expert and he will surely have his team properly prepared for the visit of Hull, who are yet to win an away game since Marco Silva’s arrival in January. Then again, Burnley were winless on their travels before pitching up at Selhurst Park a fortnight ago. Don’t go pouring any pints of wine yet.

Need the right team selection tomorrow. Need the travelling support behind all the players. Booing Elmo last week- ****s.
    He's got a part to play for us tomorrow I'm sure.

Going to be a cagey affair. Really dont know what to do about who goes up front. Niasse was poor last week and well held the week before. But he is the workhorse so i reckon he'll go with him and look to bring Abel on at 65 minutes.
    Its going to be a 5 man midfield, with Sam given licence to get forward more. Evandro just hasnt done enough since his return from injury. We need to win the midfield tomorrow, I thought they controlled the centre of the park last week. N'diaye got to get back to the form he showed a month ago. terrible last game.

The Jak

Elabdellaoui Ranoccia Maguire Robertson

Elmohamady N'Diaye Huddlestone Clucas Growshitski

Niasse

We can win this. I'm going 2-1 to us.
    Come on City.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. Chazz Rheinhold

Cant get beaten by the twat who broke George Lyall's leg.

upload_2017-5-13_10-55-20.jpeg

Got to beat them.

3. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

****ing hate Lardarse the fat bent ****. I remember the day he broke Georges leg playing for Bolton. The snap sound was awful.

0-1 City.

Cats and Swans 1-1.

Believe.

4. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Give your young un a pat on the back for her homework, excellent effort. You should involve her more often.

Just ****ing go for it, **** or bust.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  5. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

And so, the calm before the storm.

Sit quiet, watch, study, think.

Plan.

Wait.

Rest.

Until...

****ing get on that pitch and do it! Press your man like you want to steal the change out of his pocket. Harry them. Curse. Swear. Snarl. Spit (no, actually don't spit, it's disgusting).

Play like you mean it.

Play like you want it.

Play like it matters.

Play like it ****ING matters!

Be canny. Be clever. Be quick.

Nail your colours to the mast.

Nail your name up high for posterity.

Nail your bollocks to the goalpost. (Metaphorically obvs).

Above all believe.

Believe and care.

Believe and care and triumph.

You 'Ull. You ****ing' Ull.

Hudd to start. Niasse to start. Growshitski to have the game of his life.

3-1 City.

6. BlackAndAmberGambler

The Lads are out training over the back fence. Lots of growling and laughing going on.

I shouted "stop Zonal Marking" and an Portuguese accent replied "**** off knobhead".

Love the Portuguese me!

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Get your gola's on, over the back fence and show them the inadequacies of zonal. It's all on you mate. Course if you don't and they score a header tomorrow...

8. BlackAndAmberGambler

Just gone man to man with Oumar in the box. By hell he's a big ****er. Anyway I may have knobbled him for tomorrow. That'll teach him to mix it with the Gambler.

Marco wants me to sign on a pay by play basis till the end of the season.

Might have pulled something climbing over the fence...out for 2 weeks the Physio reckons.

Bastard.:emoticon-0120-doh:

9. BlackAndAmberGambler

I think you've given me a lob on Ern.:emoticon-0111-blush

10. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Are you Carol Ann Duffy in disguise?

11. Tigerite

Tigerite Well-Known Member

That graphic is bollocks. If Swansea have drawn, even a loss for us vs Palace does not relegate us. We'd be 2 points behind, so would require Swansea to lose and us to beat Spurs, which is very unlikely. But we're not talking about a 6-goal swing in GD or anything here, ergo it's bollocks.

12. trouserpress

trouserpress Active Member

Weirdly I wonder whether Swansea getting a result at Sunderland would help us tomorrow. I think it'd be easier playing a nervy Palace than a safe from relegation Palace.

King Curtis and HGS66 like this.
  13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Was just about to say the same, it's bollocks

14. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Jak
    Omar Nokia Harry Robertson
    N'Diaye Hudds Clucas
    Growshitski Hernandez Niasse

(Is Omar fit? Hope so)

Assuming he is then he's in, Growshitski (currently the best player in the PL...FACT) can go onto the right, that way he won't keep having to cut back in from the left to get on his right (and correct) foot. He can busy himself putting balls in like the one he did for Lazar. Niasse can bully Naughton down that side and barge unceremoniously, and unpenalised, over him, and anyone else nearby, to cut in and either score or set up Abel

Sadly none of that will happen and we will lose 2-0. Swans will draw though so we'll have a last day of fun to look forward to.

15. Tigerite

Tigerite Well-Known Member

Yeah I think the ideal result for us today would be a draw actually, but beggars can't be choosers.

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Oh you can pull up the graphic but don't know if Omar is fit!!! Why do I go to all this trouble. Unbelievable

dennisboothstash likes this.
  17. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

I saw it before, but I can't correct Chazz's posts or he'll go on another sweary rant at me. He probably blames me anyway :)

18. BlackAndAmberGambler

Oumar took a knock in training just now from an over zealous fan wearing Winfields own brand 2 Stripes football boots.

GLP and dennisboothstash like this.
  19. Chazz Rheinhold

Good interview with Eldin on football Focus. Good lad

20. djsowtz

djsowtz Well-Known Member

On Skysports Mix which you will have if you have Virgin, even if you don't have the sports package! Result as I can't get down tomorrow. Really wish I was there though. Big up to all the people travelling.

Plum likes this.