1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Pointless point-scoring thread

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by RebelBhoy, May 15, 2012.

1. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

VB and logic have never been acquainted.

Mind The Duck likes this.
  2. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

http://www.indycelts.com/unearthing-gems-vs-buying-quality-2/

Some salient points which are overshadowed by the author's over-dramatised whining.

<laugh>

3. DevAdvocate

"We have failed in doing little but upping the standard of Manchester City’s players like Denayer and Guidetti and now with Patrick Roberts. This does nothing for our club".

Apart from let us sign players we could not normally afford.

Big Audio Dynamite, Null and Patience like this.
  4. Rustie bugmuncher

Rustie bugmuncher Well-Known Member

5. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

<laugh>

100k x 12 = 1.2 million
    1.2m x 6 = 7.2 million

Aye mate, Rangers fans are going to spunk 7.2 million quid over 6 years on Sports Direct shares to try and devalue the company.

A company with a yearly revenue of over 2 billion and approximate yearly profit of 180 million, is going to be affected by huns spending their hard earned money on a tiny, tiny amount of shares <rofl><applause>

A.L.D.O 4.1 likes this.
  6. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

Patience likes this.
  7. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

Ah don't fink he fout that wan through.

8. DevAdvocate

9. Rustie bugmuncher

Rustie bugmuncher Well-Known Member

Patience and DevAdvocate like this.
  10. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

11. Hoopster67

Hoopster67 Well-Known Member

12. DevAdvocate

He said Rankin had mistakenly believed the tragedy may have been caused by an act of terrorism and was worried his family had been affected.

He added: "He behaved badly and it's fair to say he'd been watching things about terrorism on the TV and on this occasion thought there was an association.

Thought it was a "False Flag"

13. DevAdvocate

14. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

<laugh>

Aye, Premier League teams, awash with millions and millions, will look to secure Waghorn who is managing to finally score consistently at 26, for the first time in his career, against window cleaners, builders, and tax accountants.

15. DevAdvocate

But he's puir scored 12 penalties and could get the record.

I never even knew anyone kept track of such a ****ey ****ing record <doh>

16. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They love a record so they dae!

17. DevAdvocate

THE CLUMPANY

Good Morning.
    Or should I say ‘Good Grief!’.

Take a look at this remarkable offering from the Daily Record, which has seemingly engaged its full-on ‘Sevco-cheerleading, turd-polishing, guff-spewing’ mode. Rangers striker Martyn Waghorn WILL take my crown as penalty king of Scotland, says current record-holder Mark Roberts

Yes folks. The Record has gone to the trouble of finding the current record holder for ‘most penalties scored in a Scottish season’, one Mark Roberts, who scored 15 for Ayr United in 2010-11. Roberts is now working as a coach at Clyde FC alongside a certain Barry Ferguson. Presumably when offering his comments, Roberts took time out from hearing how Barry played in a UEFA Cup final which Rangers lost for every reason other than playing a brand of anti-football so tedious it could stun an elephant into submission from a 1000 miles away?

The Record has ‘form’ for getting over-excited about Martyn Waghorn, as I noted back in January:

Ballon Guffaw
    And they certainly don’t disappoint today! Mark Roberts is tipping Waghorn to pull off the truly astonishing feat of scoring more penalties than he did, despite the handicap of playing in a side which has a wage bill that dwarfs all of their league rivals. A side which has been awarded so many penalties this season that the SPFL is planning to lighten the strain on referees’ arms by appoint a Fifth Official for Sevco matches whose sole task is to stand there pointing to the penalty spot. Roberts is also tipping Waghorn for greatness (for which, read ‘a move back to England’) on the back of his intergalactically-significant achievements:

“MARK ROBERTS has tipped Martyn Waghorn to take his crown as the penalty king of Scotland

Waghorn moved on to 11 for the campaign (nine in the league and two in cups) on Tuesday night after netting early in the Scottish Cup win over Kilmarnock. And Roberts reckons there’s plenty of time for the Rangers frontman to burst through the penalties barrier even if he is nursing a knee injury from Rugby Park. But the flip side is the more goals Waghorn scores the more clubs in England will sit up and take notice – and Roberts reckons Rangers could lose their striker in the summer. ‘I don’t have any doubts Martyn will go on to beat my record’, said Roberts

‘The way Rangers play they are always liable to get a penalty. The way they move the ball up top and get into the box it commits defenders and at some point it forces them to make a challenge.’ Waghorn, who is being assessed by the Murray Park medical team, is now on 28 goals for the season which is the best run in his career. The 26-year-old is responding to regular football having lost his way a bit in the game after moving to Leicester from Sunderland in 2010. And Roberts reckons his form will only alert Premier League and Championship sides always on the lookout for a proven scorer. He said: ‘He really looks the part. He’s got a lot to his game apart from scoring a terrific amount of goals. So I don’t think he will be there much longer. Even if Rangers are back in the Premiership next season there are bound to be clubs in England interested in snapping up Waghorn’.”

Dear me!

So despite having a poor track record in England, and scoring a lot of penalties in the second tier of Scottish football in a side whose opponents have comparatively minuscule resources, Waghorn is set to be ‘hot property’ down south.

Aye, right you are Mark!

However. Let’s not be too churlish. Fair play to the Record and other media outlets for gradually turning Waghorn’s Penalty Prowess into a ‘thing’. No one would have noticed if they didn’t keep banging on about it. But where once I was indifferent, I am now completely gripped!

When he does ‘break’ the ‘record’ I hope that all the papers produce a special souvenir pull-out supplement which provides a detailed account of every penalty he scored. I also hope that the Evening Shark-Jump carries an emotional interview with him wherein he discusses his ‘heartbreak’ over the spot-kicks he missed.

And if Waghorn doesn’t win ‘Sports Personality Of The Year’ this December, I may personally team up with the Sevco fans’ groups to march on the BBC.

What a time to be alive!

18. DevAdvocate

Rustie bugmuncher likes this.
  19. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

I don't like haggerty but being sacked for what she tweeted was shameful

The blue pound does have an effect on the ailing print media it appears

20. Hoopster67

Hoopster67 Well-Known Member