1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic post apolcaliptic FUTURE

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'the best option is to abandon Brexit and commit ourselves to the EU'.

As you get older you, like me, will realise that your opinion doesn't count much.
    The fact is 17 million trumps 16 million.
    You will have to get used to it, or you will eat yourself up.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Its Camerons fault that the finances are what it is.

Cameron has admitted he had no plan if leave won. People having a go at Gove, Boris and Farage are stupid. These 3 dont make decisions. They dont run the country. They cant start article 50. Its the PM role to do that. Cameron is the PM, he makes the decisions, not any of the leavers. Having no plan what to do next when the financial market was looking at him to keep things calm to save the financial market, was embarrassing. He let the country down.
    Cameron also said in a TV debate and many times in PM questions every Wednesday that if leave wins, he would remain as PM and start article 50 procedures. The financial market would be a lot calmer now if he kept to his word and had a plan. But quitting the PM job has made the finances unstable and created most of the uncertainty. Now there is a 3 month wait to get a new PM and even longer to start article 50. That is months of uncertainty all down to Cameron not having the balls to keep to his word.

Blame him, not any single leaver.

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

WE ...

This seems a foreign concept to some, but to actually change a system, with real progressive change, there will be a short term hit, you can't achieve any kind of change without the pound dropping due to uncertainty etc. If you base every decision based on the pounds stability, losing money in the short term and financial markets dropping, then change will become impossible i.e.Thatchers free market economics and radical re-structuring of society of the early eighties put Britain into recession.

Remain was a vote for a system that was ****ing people over, and would continue to do so.

WE have voted to leave the EU.

WE have voted for change.

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

This is like trying to prove (or disprove) God exists. The only way to do it is to die.
    The only way to prove whether Brexit is good is to invoke article 50 and see what happens.
    We can argue all day about what we THINK will happen, but until it does we simply don't know.

I have annoyed Redprintt by very seriously considering my vote before casting it - for what it's worth I really do get the 'Out' campaigners arguments.
    Immigration and degradation of control are valid concerns and I share them. Some of you may remember me challenging MTG on a number of points - especially that concern about immigration is not racism.
    My 'remain' vote was cast because I was uneasy about voting for a completely unknown - it felt like twisting on 19 in a game of blackjack and not worth the risk.
    I won't post further on this until something actually happens but for what it's worth I THINK that we won't leave. The referendum is not binding but parliament is. The PM needs the backing of parliament to invoke Article 50. He/she may get it but may not. Then you may have a nasty situation where the PM - however willing - is unable to comply with the wishes of a referendum.
    I refer back to the God scenario - let's see what happens.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Technically we haven't left the EU yet, so who's to say this blip was not already on the cards?

But you really sound like a petulant child with the above comment.

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Well said dear sir.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Shame remainers cant see this though.

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I said in a post on another forum,let's the stay brigade move up to Scotland,let's the Scott's brexits move down here.
    Job done Scotland can have them all.

9. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

"It is evident that it wont work well and the best option is to abandon Brexit and commit ourselves to the EU."

Best for who??

Losers, is it best for the losers????

10. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

In summary.

A referendum is an undemocratic process that should be ignored or redone until "WE" reach "the correct" decision, because "the better educated" or "the better informed" do not like the outcome of said vote, due to "the non-elites" voting "the wrong way".

Similar is occurring in the Labour party (ahem!). The elites know and represent the "true" will of the people, therefore should "come to the correct" decision to install an elite leader irrespective of the majority of the Labour parties members, and Union votes.

11. banksyisourhero

These people are no longer what I see as a 'Labour' party.

Liberal elite, Metropolitan elite, call them what you will.. they have nothing in common with the Labour party.

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Brilliant comment <applause>

13. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

That's an absolute cracker CJS. I've been in tears laughing. Were you involved in writing the scripts for Sir Humphrey {Sir Nigel Hawthorne) in 'Yes Prime Minister? He was absolutely brilliant at convoluted opinions which absolutely scotched anything the PM and the audience thought was common sense. If you could include Tarzan (Michael Hesseltine) and Arthur Scargill into your plot you would have an absolute classic.
    Keep winding us up. We love it. :emoticon-0109-kiss::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0109-kiss:

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

This is a classic statement, absolutely correct, I totally agree with every single word, well done Clifton if you don't mind a backslap from one of the lesser people..

15. banksyisourhero

What he said was absolutely correct.. compared to the rubbish you have spouted on here its complete genius actually..

16. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

Hugh Dennis on Mock the Week tonight. We have zero negotiating position....

UK Government to EU pre Brexit - "if you don't give us what you want, we are going to leave"

UK government post Brexit - "so we've left, what are you going to give us"....?

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><doh>

p.s. banksy, surely you have used 'word' at least once in your life - the commands are at the top of the text box as you type your message...

17. banksyisourhero

I use a Mac, its easier for us thick racists to understand.. intuitive I think the word is..perhaps you could check for me?

Anyway.. Hugh Dennis you say. I have always taken the enlightening opinions of comedians as fact so thats very interesting.

-- factually incorrect, the Government led by Cameron was pretty much pro stay!

Show me where anyone from the government said this?

But hey, I'm torn, if Hugh Dennis said it...

18. banksyisourhero

Here you go, for generation snowflake!

RedorDead likes this.
  19. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know I said I wouldn't post on this again until something happened, but I couldn't resist - whatever you voted for this is hilarious (as most of these Hitler clips are!)

20. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member