1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Proud of our sport

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by cidered abroad, Apr 25, 2016.

1. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

It would have been easy for WBA to have not turned up like Swansea did on Saturday at Leicester.

I'm not a Baggies fan, nor a Leicester fan even though I would like them to win the Title for some old personal reasons. But as a football supporter, I commend Albion for their efforts on behalf of "fair play".

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Not so sure that I'm proud of Stoke or Swansea, both clubs seem already at the seaside.
    Whatever, they have been shamed by WBA.

3. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Want Leicester to win it. To do it against plastic Fan United would be perfect. Would be happy for my team to concede a victory to allow Leicester to win it

4. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

All they need now is one more win... But their last 3 games are Man united away, Everton at Home and Chelsea away. Now I know they've been fighting the odds all season but they'll look at those remaining fixtures and be sweating a bit. Granted all 3 have been below par all season but they are the type of teams you don't really want to be playing in a run in for the title. Hopefully they can do it at home against Everton as that would be one hell of a feeling for their fans.

5. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

then perhaps eden hazard should have kept quiet about wanting Leicester to win it, given that Chelsea( cough and spit) still have to play both.

6. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

The last couple of weeks of this season is the first time that I have actually taken a proper interest in the Prem to be honest. It's refreshing to see a different team up there doing well - and it's good to know that in Leicester there is a team who, like us, were in League 1 a few seasons back can do so well.
    Gives us all a bit of hope

Mind the gap! likes this.
  7. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

That's assuming Spurs win all their games, which includes Chelsea away, Southampton at home and Newcastle away.

They can't rest until it's mathematically safe but Leicester may already have enough points, or only need one. Their games are tough on paper (though, having said that, it's maybe as good a time as any to be playing Everton), but they've not got to where they are by luck; they have earned results, even against the 'big' clubs. I expect them to have it confirmed one way or another by the end of Spur's game on the 8th of May (Southampton), but probably before even then...

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Out of the two teams this weekend it was Spurs who looked jittery and didn't believe they could win it.

That was my observation anyway.

9. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

My observation :

Swansea were on the Beach.
    West Brom (and I can't stand Pulis) were a credit.

10. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Oh and my observation including the both sets of fans too!

11. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Be great to see Leicester win it, if only to stick those normally top 4 supporters watching in the pub with their replica shirts on, that have never been to a match, sulk into their beer-A few remotes will have probably been damaged too.

I wear a replica shirt but only to our games- be interesting to see the number of Leicester fans that have supposedly supported them all their lives, next season. I know of two that's all and one of those lives in Greece!

12. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Newcastle will be battling to stay up come the last day.

Nice to see the big 4 not winning for a change

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

A refreshing change and whilst it's great to see an unfashionable team like Leicester on the brink of doing a Nottingham Forest, part of their success this season has been the abject (and funny) failures of the big teams to have any consistency, especially early in the season.

Anyway, let's take nothing away from Leicester.

When they win the title, and they will, it will be fantastic for football. Even people in the States were talking about them while I was there in March/April.

Mind the gap! likes this.