1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Qatar - FIFA stitch up continues

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

....so November and December are the months FIFA have put forward with a World Cup final potentially on 23rd December.
    Over 50 leagues will be disrupted around the world.
    It's all legit of course........ <laugh>

:emoticon-0172-mooni

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  2. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

What happened to their proposed air conditioned stadiums with their 'cushion of air' upon which they won their bid? They won it based on being able to hold it at the usual time of year so it either goes ahead at that time or it is held elsewhere. My take on it, anyway.

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Clearly all part of the scam.
    It will mean disruption to the Xmas playing schedule I feel.
    Hope it doesn't impact on boxing day.
    That's part of our tradition and I don't want some old, fat sweaty penguin like ball bag from the alps pissing around with my tradition.

4. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

All the clubs should get together and refuse to release their players. What are FIFA going to do? Punish them all?

5. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Why are Toon fans complaining? We should appeal that it's like rugby internationals where the league continues. With all the big cubs missing their international players we might stand a chance of getting a point or two. <ok>

6. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

Yeah, we have to put up with the loss of players for AFCON, it would be nice to have the shoe on the other foot for a change.

7. Sheikh_of_Araby

Regardless, England won't win it.

8. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

It's not just the disruption to the leagues that is an issue. The World Cup has to be in the summer - it's all about watching the matches with family, friends and beers on hot summer afternoons with sunshine flooding in and a warm breeze blowing in from the open window. Somehow watching the matches while it's pitch black, howling a gale and peeing it down outside doesn't seem right. Not right at all.

9. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

In seven years time, I'd be frankly staggered if more than 10% of this board are even interested in football. 4 years of Pardew was difficult enough, but the thought of FOURTEEN YEARS of Mike Ashley?! Not for me, ta.

10. Sheikh_of_Araby

It's not just Newcastle. I couldn't give a crap about England anymore. I remember Euro 96....how it felt to watch the games during that summer. Magical. Ditto Italia 90 and Mexico 86. Christ, even France 98 was decent. Even though I don't give a damn about England, the World Cup is still the World Cup. It's a SUMMER tournament. FIFA can **** right off with this one. If Qatar can't stage the tournament because of the extreme heat, guess what? They can **** off too. They shouldn't have got it in the first place. They got the tournament based on a promise to build state of the art air conditioned stadiums. That turned out to be bollocks. Whilst we're at it, Russia can **** off too.

11. Obi Wan

Money has literally ruined the game completely. The bigger the sponsorships and the wealthier the owners, the more corrupt those 'in charge' become. With the opportunity to line their own pockets, these prats have completely forgotten their duty to do the best thing for the game and all those who love it. Sadly it is human nature for far too many to put their own personal gain ahead of the masses. It's now everywhere in the professional game, right from Blatter's blatant power-crazed fraud, through to the cost of replica kits. I'd rather watch local games over the park nowadays.

12. Sheikh_of_Araby

I said the other day, I'm going to watch Berwick next season. Might be the bottom of the Scottish League, they may be perennially ****e, but money hasn't ruined them. It's about survival for them. The PL can **** right off. Until Mike Ashley pisses off...i'm not going back.

13. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

I think its adorable that you think they won the bid because they said they had good A/C.

14. Sheikh_of_Araby

Well no haha.They won it because they offered Blatter and his mates a ton of money. Same with Russia.

15. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I have no problem with the premise of the PL etc having to adjust to accommodate taking the World Cup to new parts of the world. If we are going to have a truly inclusive football society that will be necessary. I also like the idea of the PL having their bollocks taking a good kicking. Also I think this is a very good ting for England and premier league players. They are always physically and mentally bolloxed by the time they get to a major tournament or the end of season big games. This will help us and as a patriotic England fan, I like anything that helps our cause. The PL is not the be all and end as far as football goes for me.

The bits I have a problem with are corrupt practices that have led us to this stage, and the fact that the bid was based upon a summer tournament. Yes Qatar are saying they will host any time of year but the whole world knew it was not possible to do it in the summer. With that being the case, FIFA should have at an early stage said to the Qataris, you have to submit a realistic bid. The majority of those who voted for it are likely a corrupt set of ****ers. They knew it was never the intention to host it in the summer, but they also knew that to ensure it passed through it needed to seem that way to guarantee the votes. I am a bit of stickler when it comes to bids. Its like me submitting a tender, winning it and turning round to say "you know how it says I'm to start your job in 2 weeks and complete within 5 weeks, well that's not strictly true. I'm going to start it 6 months later but I'll do it in 4 weeks" They'd just give the job to another contractor.

I do get Tasty's point about it being in the summer but its a bit of an insular way of looking things. Some countries don't need it in June-August to guarantee a bit of nice weather to enjoy the games <laugh><cheers>

I think pro football is pretty ****ed all told. I can find no sympathy for the PL, I hate the ****s. The money flowing in is handled appallingly so they can get to ****, as they are no better than Blatter and his corrupt little world. They are all a set of ****s who deserved nothing but pain and suffering in their lives.

:)

16. ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter

ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter Well-Known Member

I notethat one of the Neville clowns was on the radio spouting great wisdom in that this would be good for England's chances because the English players will be rested for the world cup.

I couldn't work out the logic of this given that the African, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Uruguyan, Argentine, Brazilian, German, Dutch, Belgian players who will be in the premiership then will have the same break.

17. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think it will benefit a lot of countries as you say. The number of national teams who won't have portions of their squad turning up knackered, may have a positive affect on quality. I do think England will benefit though, as it is our entire squad who are affected. Sadly it won't transport better players into our system so the help only really helps part of our problems. And not the main one!

18. Obi Wan

We probably won't even qualify!

19. Obi Wan

In fact this might be a good thing. Fail to qualify and then all the PL teams unite in refusing to release foreign players to the World Cup. Would makd more of a statement than the FA have the balls to do.

20. ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter

ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter Well-Known Member

I pity the poor fans who get to the final. Well, assuming that fans can get to the final and not corporate knobs working for MacSamsCola.

Watch match, pack bags to leave the next day and, well, it's Christmas Eve, innit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.