1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Lots of positives from tonight. Let's not get despondent, we lost to Arsenal! Charlie is really buzzing, bring on the Spuds!!!

aqualung and UTRs like this.
  2. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Well at least the other results were in our favour keeping Leicester & Burnley pinned to the bottom, plus the Stoke win keeps Everton in the relegation mix. Hopefully we can build on our 1st half performance tonight and pick up some points against Spurs on Sat.

mapleranger and aqualung like this.
  3. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

What on earth has happened to our home form???

You can say what you like about Redknapp, we were better at home under him!

4. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Agree with you Swords 100%.

Swords Hoopster. likes this.
  5. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Very good in spells in the 1st half but Arsenal were outstanding IMO
    CR knows his onions we have to be positive about our play it is growing and at times we matched them
    I feel we will create chances against teams
    We can do this

NorwayRanger and UTRs like this.
  6. Ciarrai_Abu

We posed Arsenal very little threat apart from some great strikes from Austin and Philips. No creativity at all. If Isla was fit to start he should have started. Total mismatch Furlong up against Sanchez and Arsenal exposed it.

7. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Austin's goal came out of nothing. We hadn't done a thing for 20-odd minutes when he just pinged it in out of the blue.

8. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

Could somebody tell me why on earth we loaned Vargas and Zarate........? Somebody, please.....

rangercol likes this.
  9. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

I should add, I'm a little less proud of Nico. Wish Sandro had more match time under his belt.

10. Swords Hoopster.

Why did Ramsey take him off? Was he injured? He didn't look that tired to me.

11. Ciarrai_Abu

I'm baffled too. Maybe it had been decided before the game that he would come off. Seemed fine to me.

12. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

2 very different approaches to the game tonight. Whilst we have grown to love the "bobby knocks it on for Charlie" show, it is old school and limited. It is a short term fix and will earn us points against our immediate rivals. Arsenal played a lovely passing game and their movement up front was excellent. Shame that we can't use our own version of Sanchez, ie, Vargas. Good game nonetheless, there is still hope.

13. Pils-the-hoop

Pils-the-hoop Active Member

To be fair Grinning our home form has resulted in draws against Palace and Swansea and wins against WBA, Burnley, Leicester, Villa, Sunderland and Stoke with the highlight being the 2-2 draw against Man City.

Under Redknapp we had only played 3 teams in the top 6 at home and we lost to 2 of them.

The point I'm trying to make ( albeit badly ) is that our home games are much harder now than under Redknapp and against top half teams.

Our away form is now going to be key imho.

14. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if some of the players being talked about as coming on as subs are being saved for the spurs game. Arsenal had some serious pace tonight. We need Vargas and Zarate doing their runs across the front of the box on Saturday, we looked a little one dimensional tonight.

Hoop-Leif and QPR999 like this.
  15. loomo

loomo Active Member

Wouldn't say arsenal were outstanding. They had a ten minute spell and scored two goals which furlong was at fault for both. Total
    Mismatch with him and Sanchez and they exploited it. Kept backing off instead of engaging the striker. Very inexperienced defending but I blame caulker fir not calling it and then covering fir him

16. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Another one that agrees with you Swords. Nico lost the ball very tamely for the first on the edge of Arsenal's box. He had a chance to clear the ball on the edge of our box for the second and hit it straight to an Arsenal player. Terrible substitute tonight.

QPR999 and Swords Hoopster. like this.
  17. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Is anyone deluded enough to still think that we'll stay up after watching that performance?
    I was really hopeful that Ramsey would get us playing in a different style to that served up by Redknapp. Did they spend every ****ing day in Dubai practicing 4-4-****ing-2 and how to lump it long to Bobby?
    Phillips and Hoilett hardly tracked back, especially Phillips which meant that Yun and Furlong were desperately exposed. Sanchez against Furlong was carnage. The poor lad was left one on one with Sanchez time after time. No one gave Sanchez a whack all game. Total naivety from both players and coach.
    We virtually played 4-2-4 against that (THAT!) midfield.
    Awful stuff!
    Roll on the championship. At least the hoof ball tactics won't look quite so out of place.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    QPR999 likes this.
  18. Swords Hoopster.

please log in to view this image

19. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

20. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

No creativity at all. That about sums it up for me. Krancjar gave us some, he was the only one in Hoops who managed to hold onto the ball, but for me he should have been the sub for OBZ because lumping it up to him doesn't work enough. Zarate or Vargas for Hoillet would probably have given us more too. But I expect CR couldn't play Sandro longer than he did after 3 months out- he'll be needed again Saturday.