1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Birmingham

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Not quite, but still.....

Having gone 28 months without a goal before scoring his stoppage-time winner against Sheffield Wednesday, Jutkiewicz found his second goal in two games to give Blues the lead as he nodded in from close range after Michael Morrison's header.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  2. Kilburn

Excellent news, well done, bon voyage!

finglasqpr likes this.
  3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Poor in First half (most of it). I even screamed at Caulker for being crap then he went up and scored.
    Much better second half and really should have won it. Caulker/Woz/Bidwell all did really well. thought Chery was quite good. Cilla missed a sitter at the end (not sure if I would blame Polter as it was a free header).
    Thing that worries me is that Brum were poor and we still couldn't beat them.
    We need strikers that will score. Cilla looks a bit like Polter(clumsy) and handballs it too much.
    Happy with second half but a long way to go.
    We will finish about where we are now which is not an improvement.

Kilburn likes this.
  4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It is an improvement if we spend less money doing it.

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

In this poor division with our budget (5th highest spenders), a team that has ex-premier players?
    For me it's a step backwards

rangercol and QPR Oslo like this.
  6. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I'm reading Polter left the ground on crutches, Yeni injured in training before the game, and Cousins may have a hamstring injury.

7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I was told Yeni was at his Fathers funeral? Can anyone shed some light?

8. Kilburn

QPR new boy to be assessed ahead of Sunderland after compassionate leave
    The summer signing missed the 1-1 draw with Blackburn and has been absent from the squad for the Newcastle and Huddersfield games, when Ngbakoto Sr was laid to rest

please log in to view this image

Ticky: Yeni Ngbakoto
    Yeni Ngbakoto has been absent after QPR granted him compassionate leave following the death of his father but he may return for the EFL Cup tie against Sunderland.

The summer signing missed the 1-1 draw with Blackburn and has been absent from the squad for the Newcastle and Huddersfield games, when Ngbakoto Sr was laid to rest.

And QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will assess the Frenchman's mental and physical state before deciding whether he returns against Sunderland in the EFL Cup.

He said: “It was a bit unfortunate; his father passed away so we gave him relief which is normal. He wanted to come back after he went to see him. He wanted to play against Blackburn.

“We couldn't play him at Huddersfield as it was his father's funeral. He had to go to the funeral.
    please log in to view this image

“He's back this morning (Monday). The funeral was Saturday but he's back this morning. We'll see where he is mentally.

“He's a very good character. He wants to be with the boys but we have to have a look where he is mentally and physically.”

It's easy for people to forget that professional footballers are human beings with their own issues behind the scenes and Hasselbaink is keen to develop the human touch as well.

He added: “We have to remember that while they're footballers and gladiators they have the same problems as people walking down the streets.

“They've got parents and family and we can't forget that and we have to make sure as a club that we treat them in the right way.”

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-new-boy-assessed-ahead-11909507

9. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

21:30 Flight in future fingy.....

10. Windom Earle

Windom Earle Well-Known Member

We will have a load of these results this season but where do posters on here expect us to be?

We are not equipped for the Premier League
    The best we can aim for is growth
    To grow you have to be small ... We have had a full on harvest (or crop failure), our soil has been turned we have replanted

We are little QPR once again and we should fully understand this

The sickness continues as we haven't fully realised that we were a massive failure by trying to buy into PL

It's looking like £250 million ticket price just to stay in it

This is the right way IMO: softly softly catchy monkey

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Great news mate. Agree, next time get a later flight. Funnily where i live in Berkshire you can get a direct train to Gatwick (takes about an hour).

finglasqpr likes this.
  12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Windom Earle, post: 9738634, member: 1044151" will have a load of these results this season but where do posters on here expect us to be?[/QUOTE] Posters 'on here' (some) expect us to compete. losing at home to Preston and Drawing with Blackburn is not good enough.

rangercol likes this.
  13. Windom Earle

Windom Earle Well-Known Member

Posters 'on here' (some) expect us to compete. losing at home to Preston and Drawing with Blackburn is not good enough.[/QUOTE]

They are results and are done and dusted

We are back at school as a club

Look at the first goal of the match today we have a soft under belly behind the defence ... players must react that a far post header could be won

Norwich and Newcastle will be miles in front of us over the next 6 games if we don't get these things sorted and put pressure on stopping a player crossing like that

14. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

I know, I am just getting too old to get up at 5.30 and get home at midnight. I have been flying through Heathrow a lot lately and I can get up around 7am and return to Dublin airport by 8pm. Flying Ryanair through Gatwick is much cheaper but the day is 5 or 6 hours longer. I just never realised Victoria would be closed today. I had planned to get the Gatwick Express. I only found out when I got to Gatwick train station and had to look at alternatives which meant I missed the last half an hour of the game. Never again!!!!

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

They are results and are done and dusted

We are back at school as a club

Look at the first goal of the match today we have a soft under belly behind the defence ... players must react that a far post header could be won

Norwich and Newcastle will be miles in front of us over the next 6 games if we don't get these things sorted and put pressure on stopping a player crossing like that

[/QUOTE]

I thought we were back at school last season? This is now JFH team and if defenders keep making mistakes (which they do) then the manager needs to sort. I'm not worried about Norwich or Newcastle I am worried about QPR. With this team we should be doing better. cannot understand why people don't think we should be?

rangercol likes this.
  16. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Know what you mean fingy........inky is talking about getting the 6:30 flight over for the Norwich game......means leaving home about 3am and wouldn't be home until 1am ish Sunday.....long long day......

17. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

That was meant to be my next game. The 07.35/21.30 flights were only 30 euros return so I booked them. Then Hoops Eternal reminded me that was the same weekend I booked to go to Madrid to see Ale Faurlin play for Getafe. I have also paid for the hotel in Madrid so it looks like I will be missing the Norwich game.

I think from now on, I will pay 100 odd euros and get Aer Lingus or British Airways to Heathrow at reasonable hours. I can get a lift to Heathrow and be there at 6pm guaranteed after the game which really makes the day shorter. If there is a problem with the Piccadilly line, the alternative is the Heathrow Express from Paddington. At the moment, Gatwick is a nightmare.

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  18. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Why not relax and stay overnight

19. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

It's a great effort. I live half an hour away and couldn't be arsed after Wednesday.

finglasqpr likes this.
  20. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Did you not think Wednesday was an improvement on the previous few games?
    I thought the second half yesterday was a further improvement and was entertaining as well.

QPR Oslo likes this.