1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

R.I.P..................Financial Fair Play - good or bad?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Modern professionals are fannies. Mitrovic wouldn't have even been pulled 10-15 years ago. There was a time when to go down was a sign of weakness. It's now crept into our game and pisses me right off. The likes of Coquelin and Sanchez need to be transported back to a time when the likes of Tommy Smith, Norman Hunter and Ron 'Chopper' Harris played the game. The problem is, they are protected far too ****ing much. All it takes, a bit of relaxation of the rules so that a no nonsense centre back can let them know early doors that they won't stand for their cheating ****e. It would stamp it out in an instant. Sanchez, Coquelin and ****s like them need to be brought down a peg or two.

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Cantona would be getting 30 game bans nowadays for half of his 'tackles'.

Arsenal players man, they're made of ash, always rolling around on the floor, I'm certain Wenger just tells them to watch videos of Barcelona during training.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Doubt we'd appeal for fear of frivolous additionals

4. Sheikh_of_Araby

Mitrovic has a similar temperament to Cantona. I liked him as a player. Absolutely brilliant, but a complete nutter if someone messed with him. It just shows the difference in the game these days. Slight touch and the so called professionals fall flat on their face. What do the authorities do? Absolutely nothing. Instead, they penalize harshly people trying to play the game properly.

I don't care what Dermot Gallacher or any other referee has to say. Mitrovic's challenge:
    (a) Wasn't dangerous
    (b) Wasn't malicious
    (c) Wasn't a red

Arsenal players are a disgrace. They are either rolling around on the floor trying to get fouls or people booked/ sent off, or they are waving imaginary cards around whenever touched. Alexi Sanchez - Great player, but a complete and utter cheating bellend.

Dispicable_Tel likes this.
  5. Tel (they/them)

Is that even a thing any more?

I'm sure it would fail, the FA don't want to be seen overruling their staff, even if they are about as capable at their job as a thalidomide dustbin man.

6. Tel (they/them)

The sad thing is mate, it's not just Arsenal players, we all have players guilty of playing the soft bollock.

Arsenal just seem to have a squad full of them, to think they had the likes of Adams and Vieira on their team not so long back.

7. Warmir Pouchov

I'm sure they'd resurrect it for us if not. We seem to have had **** all from them over the years. I'm sure the decision process goes:

"Is it a northern club?"
    "Yes"
    "Tell them to get to ****"

8. Sheikh_of_Araby

I remember reading back in January that Keith Hackett wanted Andre Marriner stood down for incompetence after a series of shocking performances over the previous couple of seasons. Let's not forget, Hackett is regularly regarded as one of the top 100 greatest referees.

9. Warmir Pouchov

Was just about to say this. Every club has them including ourselves. I mean Cabella went down under any challenge at all last season.

10. Sheikh_of_Araby

True. We had Cabella last season pulling that crap. You will tend to find that most proper fans [not the plastic brigade] absolutely hate that. Most people would rather see someone go into a good old fashioned 50/ 50 challenge and snap the other person fairly.

11. Tel (they/them)

All the ref's are a disgrace, they evidently don't meet the required grade anymore.

It's like turning up at a race track to watch your favourite F1 cars and finding out that the grid is made up of rubble and people's fly tipping. Why have billions of pounds invested into the league and only invest 50p per week into ref's wages?

Just pay them more, it'd eventually get more people interested in doing it, hopefully some retired cage fighters who wouldn't let little gimps like Theo Walcott shout in their face... you shout at the ref, you get put in an arm bar... end of story.

12. Sheikh_of_Araby

Haha read my mind
    Andre Marriner and Mike Jones are two complete walking, talking, self-important examples of referee incompetence. They are sticklers for the 'book.' Mike Jones should have been permanently demoted after disallowing Tiote's goal against Man City. He was roundly criticized by everyone in football. What happens? He continues to referee in the PL and regularly makes mistakes. Andre Marriner apparently had an 'excellent' game according to Dermot Gallacher. David Elleray on the other hand has criticized him for the number of cards he issued. Madness.

13. Tel (they/them)

I guess you just have to batter them to death in the car park, from a logical, reasoned perspective there just isn't any other option.

14. Sheikh_of_Araby

We need someone like Pierluigi Collina to come in and clean the game up.

15. Tel (they/them)

I'd prefer Anderson Silva... the best way to stop dangerous tackles is to stop the pussies on the wrong end of them crying like babies. Have you noticed that when a player actually does break his leg he NEVER cries, NEVER rolls around like a pig that's been shot... they lay there, still, until the gas arrives. Silva would sort that **** out straight away... if you're crying, you get something to actually cry about and the other team gets the free kick.

Imaginary yellow cards being waved... snapped arms. Easy... I should be in charge.

16. Sheikh_of_Araby

Coquelin's reaction got Mitrovic sent off, not the tackle. If he'd just got on with it you can guarantee that a yellow would have been given. The killer for me was the look on Cazorla's face. He knew it wasn't a red card.

17. Tel (they/them)

Cazorla, now there's a pussy... PeeWee Herman looking motherfucker.

Cantona would have ruined him.

18. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I actually thought that Mitrovic did well to not respond to Cazorla when he came over to him with the incredulous look on his face.

19. Sheikh_of_Araby

He's going to belt someone before the end of the season.

20. Sheikh_of_Araby

Bring this kind of football back haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.