1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Racing Presenters On Itv

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by woolcombe-folly007, May 18, 2016.

1. Steveo77

Steveo77 Well-Known Member

Nick Luck and Simon Holt are the two big losses from the channel 4 coverage - that and the fact that I can't get ITV4 in HD.
    Apart from that not noticing too much difference.

I do think though that maybe the ITV coverage is more suited to flat racing - probably because channel 4 with John Francome and Alastair Down back in the day were just so good covering the jumps.

2. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

A very long time ago, I was told that you should always look at a girl’s mother to see what you were getting in twenty years’ time. Since I know what Mrs Ramsden looked like a few years back, I could readily dispense with Emma if I saw Mrs Turner and she did not look like an old battleaxe, knowing that there is still plenty of mileage left in Hayley.

Obviously... she does not smoke cigars as far as I am aware; and the husband and son would suggest that she does not bat for the other team... <laugh>

3. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

I am a wee bit worried about the route some of these comments are taking our 'conservative', balanced and usually thoughtful contributors however I must admit to being somewhat bewitched by the 'weather girl' who popped up during the coverage of the Cheltenham Festival ..........

LV3.jpg LV8.jpg LV5.jpg

Attached Files:

• LV8.jpg
      LV8.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
    Ekbalco99, Chaninbar and Ron like this.
  4. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

What an admirable question to that girl from that muppet ' Are you here to get hammered or are you interested in the horses? Give me strength

5. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

A certain AP McCoy appeared similarly bewitched when I last saw him and Ms Verasamy on the same show. I suspect there was an arctic blast at the McCoy household that evening if his missus happened to tune in.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  6. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

There is certainly nothing wrong with Lucy Verasamy sending the temperatures higher...

It is not a bad time for weather forecasting totty when you give it some thought. Becky Mantin, Sarah Keith-Lucas, Laura Tobin, Abbie Dewhurst, Kay Crewdson, Sarah Cruddas and Keeley Donovan all occasionally get me to look at the forecast...

bayernkenny likes this.
  7. bayernkenny

Your knowledge and research into 'all' things meteorological is to be admired and followed ........ !

8. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I'm surprised the PC brigade haven't got on to the fact that the vast majority of UK broadcasters seem to use "eye candy" to present the weather. I assume they are all trained meteorologists but why are there no blokes amongst them? Is it a backlash against the years of male-dominated weather forecasting from Michael Fish, John Kettley et al?

9. bayernkenny

After October 1987 all the 'good ol' boys' were f**k*d!

Anywhoo, fortunately (?) we have not yet reached (?) Mexican standards:

MWG1.jpg MWG2.jpg MWG4.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Ron and OddDog like this.
  10. the don

the don Well-Known Member

''Rishi reckons the surface might be a little bit more loose on top than it was yesterday''

They watered it and its been raining you pillock!

11. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

<laugh>

12. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Little research needed as the last four named have all presented the weather on Look North in this part of the world. I neglected to mention the lovely Lisa Gallagher, not long back from maternity leave the second time around.

There are still some decent senior lasses around like Helen Willetts, Louise Lear and of course Carol Kirkwood.

13. Bustino74

If they didn't water it, it wouldn't be so loose. This manipulation of the going is always causing problems. Of course you want Good going but it is wrong to water after 3-4 days before racing. If it rains and you've been watering the water won't go in. You'll get loose going. Yesterday, without rain, they got loose going: you'd have thought it was an all-weather track the way they were kicking up soil.
    Why can't horses run on firm ground anymore?

14. Bustino74

Abi on Look North is pretty fit. In fact probably the fittest. Not that I understand these things.

15. bayernkenny

Think I'll stick to Lucy V. and Guadalajara!

SKORCHIO!

16. Bustino74

Reasons to be cheerful....

So far this season ITV have shown 90% of the meetings BBC and ITV would have had on the box in the '70s. We should be applauding that. This week they are not showing Goodwood, in April they did not show Epsonm (but as they've decimated that meeting it's hardly surprising).

I really like Oli. I'm warming to the frontman. Please get rid of the betting bloke, he's an embarrassment. The girls are good and the equal of the blokes.

But lets be positive that ITV are showing so much racing on a Freeview channel and they are making a reasonable fist of it. Applaud it, don't moan.

SwanHills and Ron like this.
  17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agreed Bustino, except I don't mind Matt Chapman. I much prefer him in his ATR role though

18. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Matt Chapman seems to be popular with a lot of people, but his style is just a bit too loud and abrasive for me. Oli and that lanky Cumani lass are OK though. The tall frontman, Ed Chamberlin, is just too tall. He seems to peer down on everyone, especially the poor old former jockeys. Not his fault though.

I agree too, mustn't grumble, ITV coverage is OK all in all. At least I don't get security warnings all the time 'to stay off this site'!<laugh>

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  19. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Is ITV too tight to supply a box for the poor old jockeys to stand on?

20. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Well, Cyc, we can't have little boxes lying all over the shop and littering the landscape, lowers the tone, you know.

Cyclonic likes this.