1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rangers fans offer support to Toon army ahead of Ashley protests

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by The Cunnilungus Connoisseur, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

Anti-Ashley events have been planned for before, during and after Sunday's Premier League clash with Tottenham as fed-up fans get set to boycott the game and vent their fury at the way their club is being run by the billionaire businessman.

Representatives from the Sons of Struth have been in dialogue with those behind the rally, who have set up the AshleyOut.com website in a bid to pile the pressure on the Tyneside chief.

Rangers fans saw a lengthy campaign against Ashley and his allies pay off when Derek Llambias and Barry Leach were removed from Ibrox and a new board installed last month.

And SoS chief Craig Houston is happy to help his Toon counterparts after organising a range of displays and protests against Ashley in recent months.

He told SportTimes: "The Newcastle fans seem to be gathering a bit of momentum now and hopefully it is not too late for them.

"Ashley's claws are in deeper than they ever were at Rangers so they have got some task ahead of them and they will need to get together and stick together.

"The fans will be there long after Ashley. They are the only constant in football clubs.
    "It is about how long it will take and, unfortunately for them, there are millions of reasons why Ashley will be harder to move from Newcastle.

"We have had a lot of dialogue with the Newcastle fans and we are more than happy to help them and support them.

"We have got a meeting being organised just now and we will discuss potential joint actions going forward and where applicable.

"They can pick our brains as much as they wish and see if the ideas that we had that were successful can be of any use to them.

"We are more than happy to help them because of the common issues we have."

The Light Blue legions may have got their wish as Llambias and Leach were booted out of their club, but Ashley still remains a thorn in Rangers' side.

The Ibrox board hope to hold talks with Sports Direct within the next fortnight and Houston is confident the new hierarchy will fight the club's corner.

He said: "Fortunately now we don't have Ashley's men controlling our club but we are still dealing with the historical issues..

"There are still things that need attended to, we will still owe him £5million, and there are contracts that are in place that we need to get to the bottom of.

"I am confident that the board will do the right thing for Rangers Football Club."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/ranger...413n.123220068
    please log in to view this image

2. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

Nowt to add to this..just wanted to show some appreciation for your avatar ... made me laugh <ok><ok>

3. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I have no axe to grind with Rangers or their fans and welcome anything that will help get our fans feeling more engaged with the club (a problem that goes back a lot longer than Ashley). However...

This is the problem I have with the ashleyout people, and before them the sackpardew people, being anonymous. We have no idea what sort of group or people we are getting involved with. I didn't know anything about Sons of Struth so I did a quick google search and the first independant article I came across was this...

http://www.scotzine.com/2014/10/behind-the-face-of-sons-of-struth-is-an-unsavoury-past/

I have no idea how accurate the article is, but it should be a word of caution about giving an anonymous group here too much say about the image of newcastle supporters spread around the world.

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

This.
    It's simple but effective.
    Bri will like this. :)

5. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Lads, what are you protesting Ashley for? You hounded Pardew out like you did with Allerdyce!!

How can a group of fans expect success when any half decent Manager they have they want shot of?

6. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

If Cashley put his hand in his pocket and stopped sucking all the wealth from NUFC, they could expect to see a level of success instead of aiming for mediocrity and mid-table finishes in the Premier League.

Flash likes this.
  7. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

+1 on the troll and bait, fair do's ..I will bite

You have no idea the dross we have had to put up with for the last 5 years ...soulless/ passionless / clueless/ incompetent / tactics / team selection /coaching the list goes on and on ...

Pardew was...'adequate' at the VERY best, but way past his sell by date when we ...'hounded him out'...BTW look at his record with Us/S'hampton/West ham/Charlton...all off to a flying start and then the inevitable fall back to turgid soulless football. (perhaps Palace is the club that 'fits' him if so...cool, good on them)

Allardyce.. I wont even comment on that as he himself says ..managing real Madrid is his level <laugh>, and hence way beyond what we could dream/hope of. Tis a pity that we saw less Real Madrid and more Wimbledon circa the crazy gang 'hoof it up to the big lad' in his time with us.

If by ..'expect success'..you mean .. decent-ish front foot, attacking football, giving the game a go and having some passion and commitment ..fair point ...As that's is what the vast majority of the supporters want to see, and for a club with our resources(financial/supporters/infrastructure etc etc) I really dont feel that is asking too too much..do you?

Btw you missed the opportunity to add in the term ..'deluded Newcastle fans'' and how it was all because Pardew was a cockney that we wanted shot of him ...so like Pardew, your trolling is ..adequate at best..but not really up to scratch long term.

8. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I actually contacted the ashleyout group via their email address. Reason being I wanted to see why they felt Charnley was above it all. The first reply was instant, claiming Charnley was a pupper (kind of true) but that Ashley was the real menace, blah blah (also kind of true).

Then I poked again putting the real world scenario of owners and managing directors to them, stating that whilst Ashley needs profitability, that's what MASH and SD are for (check the papers for £500m+ profit across the group) and that what he really needs from NUFC is good advertising. Charnley's failing in that role, he's failing in a number of ways, so why not attack him? What hope do they have going after the guy with so much money he could buy the bottom half of the Premier League? They haven't responded.

9. Swords Hoopster.

Nolberto, when you hunted Allardyce out you were top half and doing okay. I remember it well. You ended up getting relegated and putting one of the most incompetent Managers I've ever seen in charge of your team simply because he was a great player for you. Damien Duff at left back FFS!!

When you chased Pardew out the door you were top half and doing okay aswell. Now look at you. You're in free fall.

So its easy to blame everything on Ashley (and he's been terrible for you) but not look at your own bizarre behaviour. How can you honestly say Pards & Toad Face were this, that & the other when the result of you chopping them is relegation and this season a total collapse?

I honestly have never come across a set of fans like you Mags. The only one's that come close are the Spammers. They've got ridiculous ideas above their station and it'll all come crumbling down around them again like it did not long ago.

And you wonder why you ain't won owt in 60 years?!!

10. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I love that Mini Bri pet thing you have there fella...
    It looks like you took the wee chap to the pub or club.. is this right?

12. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

13. Swords Hoopster.

Albert, is it just me or does your Avatar suggest you're a Sunderland fan?

14. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Which part of the Avatar suggests that fella?

15. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I think Albert's avatar suggests that if you look inside any Sunderland top you'll find a tit !

16. leez

leez Well-Known Member

its not aboot chasing mangers away .. its aboot being competitive , like whats the point of being a whipping boy ... whipping boys don'tget 50 odds thousand crowds ..

17. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

That's in a pub. He's been all over, to the pub, nightclubs, had a weekend in York, he's even been to see Grinderman(a band). He's called Simon. A mascot or pet buttplug as I like to call it. He replaced rock called Chives whom I left in a nightclub. He's still dressed as a fairy as he took pride of place on the top my Christmas tree.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  18. Swords Hoopster.

The blonde

But you were competitive, now you're whipping boys!

Is there summat in the water supply up there that makes Mags think back to front? :tongue:

19. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Ask your lass.
    She normally makes us all a cuppa when she pops round.

20. Swords Hoopster.

Why is there phukking inbred Mackem giving it large on a Newkie Board?

You're out of your jurisdiction Sir

: ashley out!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.