1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rangers Fight Back

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Gordonthetoony, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

It looks like Mike Ashley and his board cronies are in for a big fight at the EGM following news that one of the group of 4, James Easedale, has resigned . There is now a big possibility that Lambias and his fellow SD mates will be voted off. Full details from BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31618423

2. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

They're not going down without a fight. Ashley may have bitten off more than he can chew this time.

3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

The World would be SO much better off without Mike Ashley. And I'm saying that with a neutral hat on, the Toon thing is just an extension of his disdain for human beings.

4. Sheikh_of_Araby

I read somewhere that he 'loaned' money off his family to start his first business, has never paid it back and doesn't speak to his parents at all. Probably bollocks, but I wouldn't be surprised.

5. Lord Jonjomort

Yep, I read the same thing. Bloke's worth £5bn, his parents live in a semi-detached in Maidenhead. I live down the road from where he was born and where his first shop was!!

6. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Problem for me is that if the Rangers project falls flat, there is no distraction from NUFC and we may never see the back of this awful man and his cronies.
    Having said that it would be sooooooo great to see him told NO for once.
    Can Rangers really afford to see him off though?

7. Sheikh_of_Araby

Strikes me as the kind of person that was given everything he wanted as a kid and always wanted to to be liked. As a result he grew in to a petulant, narcisstic and vindictive adult when things didn't go his own way. That probably explains why he threw a strop after Keegan walked; he wanted to be mr popular and it blew up in his face. So, he resorted to type, threw his toys out and decided to take the 'i'll show you Geordie bastards' stand. Explains a lot.

8. Lord Jonjomort

By all accounts he actually seems quite amiable! Whenever anyone's met him out and about he's quite jovial, a bit of an anonymous 'everyman' type of guy. If anyone could be bothered, they could probably rock up at the Orange Tree pub where he often goes and actually talk to him. If I were paid by the Chron, I'd ask them to fund that trip - I genuinely don't think it's more complicated than that.

9. Sheikh_of_Araby

If he's a loveable bloke then it strikes me as a little odd the way he behaves towards the club. Perhaps he just wants rid and is trying to have as little do with NUFC as possible in the meantime.

10. Lord Jonjomort

Amiable, not lovable!

I think it's a mistake to confuse business with personal, and folly to work out what he's doing other than the utterly obvious, which is NUFC are a very convenient vehicle for advertising his brand. Just look at New Zealand - we fly all that way, play some crap matches, then about 3 hours later Sports Direct open 10 stores. The bottom line is that there are NO footballing reasons for his involvement with either NUFC or Glasgow Rangers, so it follows that the interests he has and the interest a fan has are polar opposites. It's straightforward and he's just not a deep enough individual for it to be anything other than what it is.

As I said, he's here for the long term, or at least until he feels football is on the wane, or can't support his branding any more. In other words, I just can't see him ever leaving. He's our very own Doug Ellis.

I think what should have happened is more attempts to laud him, ingratiate him and be wildly supportive of him. He's a billionaire - you try and fight these guys, they can simply wipe their ar$e with more money than you or I will ever see. We accepted Capitalism as our modus operandi some time ago, and nothing - not even Russell Brand - is going to change that for many, many years. I mean, what's the alternative?! He may well have taken vindictive actions - Kinnear, for example - but before and after that he was trying to be a fan, or onside with us at least, a la Keegan, Shearer. It's all too late for that, now, of course, "we" hate him, he sees us as a necessary evil and just stays completely away. The cold pragmatism will be the standard of NUFC for years and years. All a bit grim, of course, but all I can do is encourage the only action appropriate - stop paying any money and, if you can't walk away completely, just go for Radio 5, online streams, the pub or - at most - SkySports/BT.

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.

11. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Wheres the Orange Tree pub??

12. Lord Jonjomort

Totteridge, my good sir.

www.theorangetreetotteridge.co.uk

13. Sheikh_of_Araby

Back to the old argument - Too many of our fans won't give up for various reasons. I say too many, but I really mean the majority. Ashley knows that so he can just continue to do what he wants and will continue for another 10 years at least.

14. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I work central London, was wondering whether it was close enough to spend my lunches there, waiting patiently

15. Lord Jonjomort

Eventually they will, as they'll also be without choice. Capitalism and the great divide will see to that. Give it a few years and Apple will have bought the rights to stream all games live, there'll be less need to go. Football's dying, it's just a case of "when". As soon as Ashley moves on, that's going to be the sign!!

16. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

The bottom line for Rangers is someone coming-up with a truck-load of cash to keep it afloat.

Money talks and Mike Ashley has it in spades.

There will be one hell of a fight but Ashley will win-out eventually.

17. Sheikh_of_Araby

Three parties are to blame for the current malaise called the 'Premier League' - The FA [especially that incompetent double act of Graham Kelly and Bert Millichip [for being spineless and giving in to the demands of the 'top' clubs]; Sky [for being a bunch of ****s] and Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham and Man Utd [For threatening to break away].

18. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

I think we have provided a great example for what is going to happen to rangers. They are worthless to him without champions league football, so at least they will have it better than us. Good for them, Rangers will not fold. Eventually someone with some money will take over the club and they will be okay.

19. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Wherabouts are you then Rolando? Sounds like it might be around my part of the world.

20. Lord Jonjomort

Border of Burnham/Taplow, matey. You?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.