1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rovers on sky

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Bristol Rovers fixture with Oxford United has been selected for broadcast on Sky Sports.

The fixture will now take place at the Memorial Stadium on Sunday 6th September (kick off 12:15pm).

The Football League and Sky Sports have announced the first live TV match selections for what is the broadcaster’s biggest ever season of Sky Bet Football League coverage.

Sky Sports will show 19 clubs from the Sky Bet Championship by the start of October, and as part of the initial selection of 16 matches to be shown live, there are also matches from Sky Bet League 1 and League 2.

Thanks to the start of the new broadcasting partnership between Sky and The Football League, viewers can enjoy more matches than ever before with 112 matches from across the Sky Bet Football League broadcast exclusively live, as well as the 15 Sky Bet Play-Off matches, including all three finals.

Sky Sports Head of Football Gary Hughes said:
    “Last season’s Championship was one of the most exciting in recent memory and what you can guarantee with the Football League is competitive games from the opening weekend to the final day of the playoffs. With more games than ever on Sky Sports we’ll be able to show more of that story, and cover more clubs up and down the country that the fans are so passionate about.”

Everyone at the club would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the movement of this fixture.

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news...ected-for-tv-2513583.aspx#OerI20M4R0ktCAGj.99

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Here is the full list of games chosen by sky for the football league up to October. We are the only league 2 game chosen. Championship Leeds picked 3 times in that period.

please log in to view this image

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Awesome for me as I can now go. More games on Sunday please.

4. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

Leeds always seem to get favourable treatment from Sky. Other teams just tend to be forgotten.

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

A few others got 2 games like Forest, Derby, M'boro, Burnley and Wolves. Not really fair on some teams who got nothing in that league like City for example. Im not saying I want them on sky but seems unfair that they aint and Leeds are on 3 times and 5 teams are on twice!

6. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

Huddersfield and Rotherham were only on once each in the WHOLE of last season.

7. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Sundays are ok, but some timings for TV make it very difficult for fans.

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I bet the red lot will be bemused that Leeds are picked 3 times and we have been picked and they havent!

9. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I would have genuinely thought that we were excluded from being considered (possibly at the clubs request) until the South stand and Dolman at least is finished, its almost certainly gonna be late..

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Now that seems very realistic. I completely forgot about your stadium revamp.

While were talking about yours stadium, there is a Shaun the sheep at your stadium. My girls wants to see all of them so at some point this summer I will be down BS3. I will park by the PC World and walk in but not sure of the lay out now at the gate where all the work is going on. Do you know where Shaun will be?

11. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Well judging by our lack of signings probably training with the first team

Bluebaldee likes this.
  12. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Its at the other end and you can't walk through anymore, park in Ashton rd by the park, its in the entrance to where the Williams is being demolished.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I forgot I asked you about this. We already been. I went to park in the retail car park and seen it was impossible to walk through that way. There were other familes obviously doing the same and workmen came out of KFC and said it was opposite the park so we eventually found it. Clever name of it Championsheep <laugh>

14. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I hope you didn't miss the opportunity to walk your dog over Ashton Vale :emoticon-0105-wink:

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Yes the wife came too <laugh>