1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, May 4, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

2. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Not Evans......

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I could give him my F.A.T. award ( brb - don't complain, you started that thread ) .... and you'd have to have a huge trophy that could be inscribed with " Undesirable corpulent Caledonian Wa - - - oh dear it ran out of space !

I think Stimson, at Wycombe, is better liked than Evans ---- Mr. Scally -- PLEASE NOT Evans.

nb - just for the record - I love nearly all Scottish people - evan the 'large' ones .

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    brb likes this.
  4. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

As a businessman PS will sometimes have to make hard decisions, decisions that are not universally popular but which are under the circumstances the best option for the success of the business.

But surely he knows the feeling of the fans towards Steve Evans. The guy would have to get us playing football like 1970's Brazil to have any chance of being accepted, and, more importantly, the fans would be on his back as soon as things started to go wrong. No, Mr. Chairman, there are better options available.

brb likes this.
  5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Kenny Jacket seems popular with a lot of supporters, sadly I'm not one of them.
    He did well at Wolves and Millwall where he had a large budget, at Rotherham without the money to spend he soon realised it's not so easy and got out fast.

6. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Jackett and Powell are my choices. I would imagine there would be some sort of leg room for wages in the summer as JET's, Konchesky's and any of the released players wages should be a decent amount to bring people in. Just down to making the right choice.

Could certainly see either Lovell or Day (or both) staying on in the backroom staff even if Pennock isn't appointed.

7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

The problem I see is that both of those had large budgets at previous clubs, regardless of the players leaving, ours will never be a large budget.

8. allbluelenny

allbluelenny Well-Known Member

PLEASE PLEASE NOT EVANS, horrible man I met him a few times and not a nice person

AshfordGill likes this.