1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints Stuff

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fran-MLs little camera, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

Seems United at home has been moved to Sunday 1:30pm

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Oriol won player of the month again...going to be some jealousy in the dressing room. :) Must be nice for him to be appreciated though...usually strikers who get the accolades.

3. fran-MLs little camera

4. fran-MLs little camera

VocalMinority likes this.
  5. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Deserved though. He has been superb. Going to get some real competition from Gabby from now on.

ChilcoSaint and fatletiss like this.
  6. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

The wrongest man ever writes again in the Daily Echo. Don't bother reading it, but a great stat in the comments that in the 25 PL games Puel has only made 46 changes to the line up, 15 of them in those games over Christmas. But yeah, too much rotation.

7. TheSecondStain

Yep, I find this rotation issue really quite odd. Until very recently Saints were playing a game every 3 days or less because of the club's involvement in so many competitions. So Puel decided that he would have to rotate the squad to give the squad players more exposure. That's a good thing and in line with Saints policy. With very few exceptions, they mostly stepped up to the mark really well. But somehow it's called tinkering. Even the media said he tinkered when he was obviously just rotating the squad, giving players their chance while others rested. Notably, Romeu hardly ever gets any rest unless his performance stats and fitness markers really start to decline. It's because there's nobody else who can effectively take his place in the team.

So people say, play your best 11 and that's it. Well, playing every 3 days or less, your best 11 very shortly become your knackered best 11 and then your more prone to injury best 11 because they can't recover in time. Then what do you do.? Play the completely unexposed second 11, I suppose.? Oh I'm sure that would work out fine. :)

8. TheSecondStain

Just as an after thought. I grin at the knowledge that Spurs signed the wrong player. :)

9. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Yes, they should have signed N'golo Kante! <laugh>

10. TheSecondStain

Well that's possibly true too. But would he have gone.?

The thing is not once have I missed VW, since Romeu stepped up, practically from the first game of the season..

11. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

I highly doubt that Levy would have paid him as much as he must be on at Chelsea, so probably not.

12. TheSecondStain

My understanding is that Levy gives every player exactly the same money as they were on at their previous clubs. But he also adds in a free feel of his Rolls-Royce.!

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  13. fran-MLs little camera

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/socc...lo-gabbiadini-transfer-to-serie-a-rival-agent

Gabby's agent says he favoured a move to Fiorentina, but Napoli president wouldn't allow him to join a Serie A club. He then said he struggled to find a club for him, but think they have made the right choice.

Obviously an out and out lie, Gabby imbibed his love of Saints with his mother's milk, always wanted to join us and kissed the ground when he arrived in Southampton. :)

14. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

15. fran-MLs little camera

I presume Tadic is crying over a photo of Pelle in a dark corner. :)

16. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Nah, he's got Gabby now

17. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

The Echo have reported:

SOUTHAMPTON fans are among the most romantic in the country, a new survey has revealed.
    The study, conducted by The Football Pools, found that 45 per cent of Saints fans would choose to spend a romantic evening with their partner tonight, rather than watch the footie.

As it was the eve of Valentine's Day I persuaded the very lovely Mrs Godders:emoticon-0115-inlov to have a game of strip poker while watching University Challenge. If I got a question right then she had to remove an item of clothing and vice versa. I got ready wearing just a pair of shorts and a tee shirt but knew that she was a reluctant player when she appeared in nickers, bra, petticoat, suspender belt, stockings, blouse, cardigan, skirt, slippers, overcoat, hat, scarf and a pair of gloves. She was playing safe as she knew that I never get more than half a dozen questions right anyway.

This was really disappointing and even more so when I read this article in the times this morning:

Anyone under the assumption that advancing years correspond with a declining appetite for sex, think again.
    The over-80s are enjoying better sex lives than those 30 years younger, with women finding arousal easier and men feeling “more obliged” to satisfy their partners, according to research.
    The University of Manchester study of more than 7,000 people aged 50 and over found that at least a quarter of men and one in ten women over 85 were sexually active.
    Older sexual partners were more likely to share the sexual preferences of their partner and feel emotionally close to them than 50 to 79-year-olds. Although women of all ages in the study did not feel pressure to have sex, men over 80 were six times more likely to feel obliged to have sex than those aged 50 to 59 and 70 to 79.

It would appear that I am having better sex than most of you lot. Now where did I put those fluffy handcuffs?:emoticon-0116-evilg

18. fran-MLs little camera

19. fran-MLs little camera

Blimey....here's one for all our yesterdays. Remember that goal well, but had forgotten the scorers name. My son was behind the goal and was told off by stewards for doing a rude gesture (Sky had complained). :)

20. fran-MLs little camera