1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season over?

Discussion in 'Oxford Utd' started by yellowstoo, Mar 16, 2013.

1. yellowstoo

yellowstoo New Member

Well,where do we start after todays "performance"?
    Wilder said that "we should've been going in 5-1 up" at halftime. Who's he trying to kid? Couple of half chances and a half decent save from a not brilliant effort from Smalley. The ref may as well not bothered with the second half,complete non-event.
    We needed to keep Rigg on till the end and not bothered with Craddock today,he doesn't seem to bring anything extra to the team. Struggle to understand some of the managers decisions at times.

When this season ends,we'll have 16 players out of contract which is ridiculous. A lot of these players are not worthy of wearing the yellow shirt with few exceptions.... Whingy for example,at least he gives his all. Any thoughts on who should be offered a new deal and who should be let go?

Fetch me my angry trousers Spencer,I'm madder than I've ever been!!

2. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

I thought we did ok first half today and it was just a matter of time before we got the equaliser but in Wilder's infinite wisdom he takes off one of our best attacking outlets in Sean Rigg in favour of the utterly useless Tommy Caddock and it went downhill from there.

For me Craddock is one of a whole list of players who should be allowed to leave the club this summer, Simon Heslop just isn't good enough at this level so he'll be on his bike and I don't think Adam Chapman will be back.

We have 4 goalkeepers and 3 leftbacks on the books so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them going.

I thought Scott Davies played very well today and I would definitely offer him a longer contract along with Andy Whing who's brilliant wherever he plays.

To have so many players out of contract is completely mad. It basically means this team will be ripped apart this summer and totally rebuilt again giving Wilder more excuses when we consistantly fall short again.

I can see some of our higher wage earners leaving too with perhaps Leven and Dubes heading that list but lets face it who knows what Wilder will do or how much funds Lenaghan makes available.

3. yellowstoo

yellowstoo New Member

Well,think the seasons definitely over now,barring a spectacular balls up by teams above us and actually playing consistently! At least it should give wilder chance to blood some youngsters for the remainder of the season. May as well sit down with the out of contract players and knowing Oxford,keep the useless and get rid of the good