1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Ticket Sales Boom

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 25, 2016.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City fans full of hope as season ticket sales boom

A feel good factor is growing at pace around Ashton Gate after Bristol City announced that they are expecting a significant increase on season ticket sales ahead of next season according to the Bristol Post.

An unsuccessful summer of recruitment hit the club’s hopes of a top half of the table finish in their first campaign back in the Championship with The Robins struggling to impress prior to Lee Johnson’s appointment as manager in early February.

The Robins’ 2-2 draw at Blackburn Rovers on Saturday secured another season in the Championship for the ambitious South West club and Bristol City envisage a more successful season in 2016/2017 with an exciting summer of transfer activity expected at Ashton Gate.
    City have confirmed that their recruitment drive will begin early next month to ensure that the club can attract their main targets while manager Lee Johnson is expected to have significant transfer funds at his disposal.
    please log in to view this image

The club’s ambition has been warmly welcomed by Bristol City’s supporters with over 11,500 already renewing their season tickets prior to the tickets going on general sale earlier today. The Robins’ most successful season ticket sales were recorded back in 2008 when 13,663 supporters pledged their loyalty to the club and there is certainly a real buzz in the air around the city which could see that figure beaten this summer.

Ashton Gate is quickly becoming a top class sporting arena with The Robins’ historic ground undertaking a £48 million redevelopment which has played it’s part in transforming Bristol City into a modern day successful football club

http://the72.co.uk/52940/bristol-city-fans-full-of-hope-as-season-ticket-sales-boom/

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

11500 already sold, not bad aye.. New kit, new stadium, new head coach, new season coming up, new players? we have got a lot to look forward to..

Up the City..

3. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Got ours. South Stand next season.

4. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

With the blue few massing up a whopping 3,000 season ticket sales, their largest figures for ages (<laugh> <laugh> ) looks like Bristol football is finally on the up and people are taking an interest again.

5. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Not sure if we'll beat that figure.... I reckon we'll obviously see more POTD people because everyone's going to want to see the new ground but I can't see us selling 2000 more season tickets. If we do well next season and are up the right end and maybe finish top 10 then we might see an increase for 17/18. Let's not forget we've had this type of season before but under McInnes, surviving and all the hype of a big summer following the move of Sam Baldock, just minus a new stadium. Hopefully this time our new young coach gets it right.

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Surprising i reckon we could be in for a surprise regards ST sales,Brighton used to get very poor attendances,new ground and facilities and they pack the Amex now even before this current campaign.

If SL is going for it this season,quality signings should and would generate huge interest.

7. OTIB

OTIB Well-Known Member

south stand for me next season

got both my kids their first season tickets as well

8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Likewise Reading back in the old Elm Park days. They were getting 3,000 to 4,000 back then

Red Robin likes this.
  9. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Got mine, won't be at too many games as I won't be in bristol often but still worth it at £99

Red Robin likes this.