1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Seminal Moments

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Sutton Tiger, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Sutton Tiger

Sutton Tiger New Member

Whilst you should never look back, as it only serves to aggravate your frustrations and even God can't change the past:

If Stevie Hunt had put the ball into touch against WBA at the KC instead of back heeling it, only for them to go on and score or Garcia's shocking ball against Pompey when we were 2-0 up and we ****ed it up beyond that.

Barmby's disallowed goal against Villa for the "challenge" on Friedle (sp?) plus the subsequent intervention of Howard Webb as 4th official for the decision change on the "handball" non-penalty award...............

Life could have been so different

2. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

You should have stopped here :p

3. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

It was against Wolves, not WBA.

We were not 2-0 up against Pompey when Garcia made that mistake, it was 2-2.

And I agree with you about the challenge on Friedel, there was nothing wrong with it, but that was in out first prem season so had no impact on us going down. As for Howard Webb, they got the right decision, it was never handball so I have no problem with it.

4. Hull is for heroes

Hull is for heroes New Member

Or we could reverse it and look from the glass half-full perspective. Had Mark Bonner not been in the right place to score a scruffy winner against Rotherham United in early 1999, I am certain we would have gone into non league. Who knows what would have happened from there but I dont think it would involve playing in the top two divisions in a swanky state-of-the-art arena in front of 20,000 + a week. Thats about as seminal as it gets.

5. Melbournetiger

Melbournetiger Well-Known Member

If we had a penalty against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 1966 when Johnny Boyle handled on the line

6. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

If Gordon Banks hadn't pulled the ball back from over the line in the cup tie against Stoke.

7. x

x Well-Known Member

if the arsenal linesman in the cup semifinal replay in 1930 had'nt started making odd decisions due to having a relative on the arsenal board.

8. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

If Jimmy hadnt of signed......