1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Short speaks

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Well yeah, they're never here two minutes. <laugh> Nah, don't buy it. Reeks of double standards. They've all told us the truth. I don't pick and choose which home truth is out of order and which is acceptable, just because one appears more dour than the others. It's like saying hey, you're telling the truth like the others, but because you're not as charismatic as the others, I deem yours to be out of order. Many different personalities have told us the same thing. Folk should just admit it's just extra **** to throw at a person they didn't like and that's the only reason they're throwing it at him, because the outrage certainly wasn't there when the others did it. In some quaters it got the opposite reaction.

Personality isn't as much of an issue to me in a manager as most people, but a lot of people have some real hang ups on it.

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Casing point, same window, Sam warns of relegation fight, nobody cares, 40 days later Moyes warns of relegation fight in the same window, armed with more info about our budget and what targets are available and he's bang out of order. Like I said no constancy. If anything Sam saying it before he'd even made a signing should be worse. I'm fine with it though of course, I'm fine with every manager who's warned us. But then I'm not using it as an extra piece of ammo to fuel a separate agenda.

3. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

We'll never agree mate but isn't that what it's all about? as soon as you mentioned Khazri and Quality in the same sentence i disagreed as i just don't see what all the fuss is about with him. He's bang average at best in my book mate.

4. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

But who were the wrong people? For my money it was the managers and eventually the DofF, but signing second class
    Certainly the older ones out contract can go, with the possible exception of JOS. He has the kind of history via League, Europe and International football to be looked at as a long term manager if he is thinking of going for his coaches badge. The emergency Everton old boys can go as they never kept us and it is a shame that Hoff could not shrug his injuries off.

We could be left with the rest and they have shown that they do have ability with McNair, Watmore and Gooch to add there is the framework of a reasonable team. I do not see any reason to sell off our young players as the wage bill will have leveled itself off a bit leading to money to add to the transfer pot.

5. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

I fully agree mate. The youngens are the players we need to keep and won't be earning a fortune anyway so not exactly a drain on the wage bill. Watmore, Love, McNair, Gooch, N'Dong, Pickford (if possible) we need to keep and then build from there using the money we get from the rest. But i wouldn't keep O'Shea as a player although agree that his experience would be invaluable as a coach. I said the same when Wes Brown left us, i reckon he'd make a good coach as well.