1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should Monk Get The Sack?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ristac, Sep 10, 2016.

?

Should Monk Get The Sack

1. Yes

22.7%
  2. No

40.9%
  3. Give Him Another Month

27.3%
  4. Give Him Till Christmas

9.1%
  1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gary Monk hasn't done a SINGLE thing right since being with us. He said he knows how to get his players peaking for the start of a season and that he didn't need more pre-season games, we played awful and got stuffed on day one.

His tactical decisions on day one were questionable selecting an injured player and leaving us short on options.

He signed Grimes who was possibly the worst player on the pitch, now he is taking up a wage.

Tactical awareness again called into question when he spends preseason preparing and signing players for 4-2-3-1 then sends us out week after week 4-4-2

He signed Green and put Silvestre on the transfer list, mistakes happen yes but Monk is now being stubborn refusing to accept he made a mistake. We now have three keepers, four if you include Peacock-Farrell, that is one more than we have at CB

Moving on to CB he made Bamba captain, he sends Bellusci out on loan before seeing him play, he then tells him it is best if he leaves the club, we knew Bamba was the weakest CB.

He gets shot of every wide player we have, Botaka without seeing what he can do, he tells players to find new clubs then selects them, he signs players and doesn't play them.

O'Kane was fit, he has been training with the squad but Monk wants to give him more time to settle in, 10 days and he hasn't settled, why is it different for O'Kane and not the other ten signings?

A few Swansea fans were sent away when warning us what to expect with Monk, they were 100% correct.

DO we give him more time, do we carry on with him in charge breaking the cycle of two coaches a season, if he goes how much deadwood has he left us with? "Getting rid of the deadwood" seems to have become a Leeds United supporters favourite saying...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

No. But cellino will.
    No preseason and late appointment of a head coach is what caused this

3. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

I'd get rid of him now. Doesn't look like he's building anything and I have never been one to side with the constant chopping of managers.

ristac likes this.
  4. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would have agreed but Monk is showing us that he really is clueless, his signings, his tactics and to top it today he said he wants to give O'Kane more time to settle in, he has had ten days ffs

5. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Hands up all those who blamed cellino for sacking managers to quickly
    Hands up all those who said they hope he gives Monk more time than previous managers we need stability
    Hands up all those that want Monk gone

you are all little Cellino's <laugh>

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Whitejock, Eireleeds1 and LeedsLover like this.
  6. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

No, too early, we can't keep doing this. Who do you want brought in??

7. davy

davy Well-Known Member

I agree, and anybody coming on is stuck with the squad we have.

Best chance of someone putting a rocket up them is Monk, who I suspect is not just Mr Nice Guy.

He will be feeling the heat tonight, and will pass it on big time, with any luck.

If the players are still flat on Tuesday then Monk hasn't got it, but I think they will be full on.

We'll see. MOT.

8. Leedsoflondon

Like Evans did, Monk needs to go back to what he trusts and believes in and understand he is dealing with championship quality players.

9. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I was a bit wary of him when he got rid of players without seeing them play first, but like many prepared to give him a chance; personally, I think his chance has expired.

I believe he's lost a lot of credibility with fans after his attitude towards popey during his interview.

Some of his signings have been questionable, his subbing against udders was totally confusing to all except him, I don't think he's an honest coach and is increasingly looking like he's a favourites player coach, irrespective.

What he's said and what he's done are opposite ends of the spectrum, with the Wednesday game an exception, so, all up it is bewildering and I agree with you Ristac, Monk doesn't seem to have a clue.

Some respected managers and ex footballers talked Monk up big time, while some Swansea supporters warned us about him...........seems the Swansea supporters are well out in front on this issue.

Unless results (wins) drastically change starting Tuesday, I can't see Monk lasting much longer.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sadly my hand is up...

11. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

you gotta stick with him lads sack him now its back to square 1 <doh>

Farsleyexile likes this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Handed over to Clotet

13. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Sack some of the players...<ok>

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Steady down boys, if it were not for the stuff I have heard from players and ex players I may agree, but even Bamba says hes a breath of fresh air and puts on the best training sessions hes ever had. Everyone knows their job and once the players all get to know each other we will be flying.

Too soon guys, come on lets not do what we always do. Managers need time and support. He will be hurting and hearing some of ghis stuff will only ,ake it worse

Marcos Barber and Farsleyexile like this.
  15. Leedsoflondon

Not sure he wouldn't be loyal to monk and walk with him.

16. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

TimetogoMonkio

17. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not an advocate for sacking coaches on a whim but he's clearly garbage. If Evans was in charge this year we would have more points on the board for sure.

LeedsLover, ristac, Whitejock and 2 others like this.
  18. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

No manager will succeed in this environment

We need new ownership, Monk appears to be over rated, but all that sacking him does is give the current owner a few more months of gullible fans imagining the new stooge will be better, lets pass on that

Just hope one of these so called potential buyers turns out to be real

19. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

By the sounds of it the deal has been done for the club.

2020VisionofLeeds likes this.
  20. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

sounds like it but I'll believe it when its a known fact, been disappointed too often for one thing, plus I'd like to know who the owners are (though unless its the government of North Korea I am unlikely to be too concerned)

Marcos Barber likes this.