1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Six Pack Brewers v Chairboys 6th April

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

With just six games remaining it's a real promotion battle as top of the table Brewers play third placed Chairboys the Brewers now have a four cushion over the Chairboys having drawn their last two and are a single point above the in form Shrews, the Chairboys cushion over in form Bury has now been reduced to four point in the race for the final automatic promotion place so now it is squeaky bun time, Bury look to have the harder task ahead of them as they play three of the promotion chasing teams and tricky away trips to Pompey and a Scouse- Manc derby on the final day of the season with Tranmere currently occupying a place in the drop zone I feel a repeat of previous final games of the season games with all Chairboys watching the away game against the Cobblers and hoping for a Tranmere win:emoticon-0107-sweat. Gaz may make a couple of changes with Murphy, Ephraim and Holloway looking to start. After Saturday's below par defending I expect a tighter affair at the Tyre stadium (I'm not paid to advertise) and the lads to return south with a point<ok>

2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with a point if Bury draw as well, They're on a good run but all runs come to an end and they have the toughest fixtures to play.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But Bury have a game in hand and after tomorrow it might not look too healthy.

I had a very negative thought earlier and I hope there are no grounds for believing it. I wondered if the loanees might feel they have done their bit and will soon be going back to their clubs. Could we be seeing less commitment from them as the season draws to a close. I hope not. I'm looking forward to cheering them to victory as auto promotion awaits against Northampton. That is one game I will be over to watch.

4. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

Huge match today, and a win would put us in an excellent place regardless of what bury do. As for your fear with the loanees ron, I doubt it personally because a promotion on a CV would look much better when they need to move clubs and if they truly want to be on the beach, then the play-offs would not be desirable!

Ron likes this.
  5. mowgli1960

Mabe with some previous loan players but the ones we have now are some of the best we have ever had namely Alfie Mawson and Sam Saunders.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I very rarely, if ever, criticise Gazzer but, if Beano was so useless on Friday, why was he not taken off?

7. mowgli1960

And starting again today. :headbang:

8. mowgli1960

We're starting with Fred,Holloway and Hayes it could be a goal fest, at least we can't be accused of being defensive.

9. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

Sounds like we've been robbed, Burton keeper handles outside the box but is only given a yellow, Gaz is fuming.

10. mowgli1960

Burton keeper should have been sent off for picking the ball up outside the area but got a yellow card, had that been ingram i'm sure he'd have gone. :headbang:

11. mowgli1960

Bolocks now 1-0 down and with Bury winning not looking good as our better goal difference isnown to 4. :headbang:

12. mowgli1960

Morecambe have equalized at Bury. <party>

13. mowgli1960

2-1 to Morecambe! <party>

14. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Somebody up there is looking down on us, with Bury losing they will looking at three points dropped & the game in hand is Southend who are only a point behind them now. Where as us we would have been happy with a point today not a disaster. With Cheltenham at home next our home form can not be that bad

15. MunichDan

MunichDan Member

According to the BBC stats (which can be misleading!) we had more efforts on goal but their report says we offered very little!??

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've just got in and saw that. And gaz thought we were robbed of 3 points. Very strange. Maybe it meant we didn't offer them many chances <laugh>

17. josewwfc

Yet again we have been let down by a huge refereeing decision - the goalkeeper being sent off after 25 minutes would have changed the entire match.

Today id say we played quite well but seemed scared to take decent shots. We forced one sublime save out of the keeper (who shouldn't have been on the pitch) and limited burton to little, but the little they did have they took well. Jacobson should have done better with the goal, but in general he had a good game. Marcus bean on the other hand was appauling again and surely murphy must be given a go next match

18. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Just watched the football league show even on there they said goalkeeper handles outside of area it is a sending off otherwise goalkeepers would do it all the time if they knew they were only going to get booked. Referee heading back to the conference I would think.

19. mowgli1960

Should be nowhere near a game. Fans of other teams all say the same about Deadman the worst ref we've had and that includes D'Urso!

20. josewwfc

quite the opposite - hes somehow been given Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield in the championship next weekend!!!