1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread So We Meet Again Mr Green Chairboys v Pilgrims 12th September

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Pilgrims visit Adams Park for the first time since that unforgettable Thursday evening four months ago when the Chairboys secured their place at Wembley, but that is all history now and it's second v third with both clubs in with a chance of topping the table, so everything is set for a bumper crowd at AP and an entertaining game is expected.
    With injuries to the forward line Gaz has signed former Royal and Glover Gozie Ugwu for the rest of the season and the 6' 2" striker goes straight into the squad and with Sam Wood also struggling Jason Banton looks to start against his former employers also Aaron Pierre returns to the defence from international duty to partrer Danny Rowe with Sido returning to right back.
    I will be looking at getting to the Hour Glass by half one to get warmed up and prepare for the game before heading to AP and taking my place on the left side of the terrace, cheering the lads on and expecting the unbeaten start to the season to continue with another three points<ok>COYB

Ron likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How do both teams compare with last year? Are Plymouth better than they were when we played them? Are we better? Do Plymouth have the same manager?

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Honest answer to your question Ron is we are better than last term and it shows in the way we have started the season. We have a new Manager but suspect you knew that anyway. This guy is far more positive than Sheridan could ever have been and the style of play shows that. He also has a plan B if plan A isn't working rather than just standing there arms folded swearing under his breath. There is far more positivity around Home Park now and a belief by the fans that this could be a very decent season. I can't get into this promotion lark at this stage myself. Far far too early for that by any side. The last two games we have given the opposition a 2 goal start before we got going. One we turned around for a win and the other didn't. We can't afford to give you lot a 2 goal start like the last time we played you. We are scoring goals though so that's a good sign and they are spread out a bit more than previously. This should be a good match and of course I'm going to say Argyle will shade it by the odd goal.

Bit preturbed that Banton is going to start for you. We have a habit of previous players coming back to haunt in our history. He will go one of two ways with nothing in the middle. Either he will be annonymous throughout or will have an absolute stormer. You know which one I'm hoping for. Anyway, may the best team win.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Should be a good game. I think Plymouth are by far the best side we will have played this season so my head says we will be up against it. I think Plymouth will shade it but I'm going for a hopeful draw. I can't get away from the fact that we have yet to play any of the top 10 in the betting to win the League

5. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

This should be a good one - plymouth looked pretty good against us last season and seem to have got stronger! However id say we havnt moved backwards so it should be a tough game - The next two games (plymouth and orient) should give us a clearer understanding of where well be this season

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

After those 2 games we will be in the play off zone with either 14 or 15 points.

7. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I think the next three games the two above plus Exeter will show where we are. If we start the same as last week with a bit better finishing it could be a couple in the first 20mins. 4pts from the next 3 games would be a good return, which games they would come from I have no idea.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You'll be lucky, I say you'll be lucky <laugh>

For the older ones amongst us.

9. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

No Hayes so Ugwu starts up front with Thompson with Holloway on the bench and Banton starts against his old team, plus Pierre is back in :emoticon-0137-clapp

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bad news. Hayes and Thompson were starting to pair up well. Definitely not confident now.

11. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

There's only one pierre

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

True Rocky. I hope he isn't tired from his exertions

13. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

1-0 down not a good start

14. Rocky blue army

What's the performance enhancing stuff under the Wycombe kit obviously ain't working <laugh>

15. Guywanderer

Pin ball in the area for their goal but plenty of time Gozie Ugwu is a beast

16. Guywanderer

1-1 Banton

17. Rocky blue army

Come on you blues

18. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What did I tell you, the curse of the Ex player comes back once more.

19. Rocky blue army

Let's hope he gets another one <laugh><laugh><laugh>

20. Guywanderer

1-2 another game of pin ball in the area