1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spurlock's Gym

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Lovearsenalcock, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I start work at seven thirty. I've no real time or inclination to go to the gym before that, way too early. I'd need to be getting up at six just to have an hour there.

I could get a run or swim in though I suppose.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That said, I could start work at eight really. No real need for me to be in at 7.30.

3. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Summer's coming, why not?

When I was still working in the City I had to get up at 5.30 ish. I'd fit a quick run in every other day. Home, SSS, down the station and in the office by 7.00.

4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

So where's everybody at this summer so far?

Given up and enjoying the weather while it's here or sticking to your routine like a boss... my guess is that most people are somewhere in the middle.

I'm varying mine up at the minute as I know I won't stick to a workout plan with so much going on right now.

This morning I did a kettle bell workout, with a beast of an exercise called the long cycle, it's a proper compound workout and I'm feeling good.

Had a fair few cans over the weekend so needed something punishing this morning.

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'm at the summer apathy stage. Too much beer, not enough gym visits.

Was going to bring my bike down this week but my car had all my golf gear in it and the bloke I'm supposed to play tomorrow cancelled so I wish I had brought it. Got no squash match tonight so will heave myself to the gym.

Same tomorrow, but I'll be a bit more up for it. Really need to check out that yoga option for a Monday.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sticking to it. Cycle, surf and swim st least 5 times per week.

7. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Sticking with it.

Free weights and machines 4-5 days p.w.

As it's getting seriously hot now and the gym has no Aircon, running will be replaced completely by swimming soon. At the moment still doing both.

8. The Prime Minister

The Prime Minister Well-Known Member

Cant do much at the moment, have a shoulder injury, but can still kick the bags :emoticon-0165-muscl

9. Stan

Stan Stalker

Managed a run this morning. Going to have to be AM runs this week as there's no way I'm not drinking with lunch.

10. The Ginger Marks

Bet the wife and mother-in-law are thrilled with that. <whistle>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.

11. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Started it...Ramadan came...took the month off..now slowly revving myself up.

Hoping to embrace Tel's Dietery and training regime he PM'd me

12. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Not done them because I've been married as long as they've been acceptable. Long ago when I was single it was only desperate losers that used them. Now it's acceptable.

What I've heard is there are 6 lads on there for every girl. Odds are if a girl responds it's a phishing scam.

I'd rather it be how it was when I was single and it was still acceptable to walk up to a woman and chat her up.

luvgonzo likes this.
  13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Can't say I've ever gone up to a complete stranger and started to chat her up. Before I was married most of my hits used to come from dancing with a girl or close to her and her mates. If the signals were good (eye contact, her moving closer, copying my moves etc) then after a few songs, I'd make the international sign for 'do you want a drink?' and go over to the bar with her and then talk, just kind of normal chat and banter really. If it led to something then great, if not then no problems. I've never been one of those guys who just wants to get a girl into bed regardless. There's got to be a connection for me.

I was in a long term relationship (now my wife) by the time I started gigging in a band. Which in some ways was a bit of a missed opportunity, because although HIAG likes to bullshit about the 'hot pussy' throwing themselves at him, there is an element of truth about that. When I've played gigs there has ALWAYS been at least one girl who is giving the signals when I've been on stage and then come and seeked me out after the gig. I could have totally milked those situations, but I was always a good lad to my missus.

14. Milk not bear jizz

The trick is to find an excuse. For example, you're in the grocery store and the woman is picking up an item from the shelf. "Oh are those good, I've never tried them?". She replies, "yes I love them" you say "I'll have to try them" she notices you have an English accent and wants to have sex with you there and then...

... At least that works in the US. English girls might be less impressed with your accent.

The trick is making the "chat up" sound like it isn't one at first until you get talking a bit.

Of course, in today's society people act suspicious if you try talking to them.

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I've done plenty of 'innocent chat' as a way in. I've even gone straight in with a compliment 'Just wanted to say, I really like your hair/coat/shoes. It really suits you' Girls love that stuff and I've never had one give me the brush off after a compliment. It's not always to try and get sex either, sometimes I just like to compliment sexy women. Never really thought of it as a chat up I suppose.

Oh and you're right about U.S. girls, they absolutely LOVE an English accent. I used to live in NYC and I also spend a fair bit of time in California. As soon as you open your mouth they are like 'Oh I Luuurve your accent, are you British ?'. Absolute putty in your hands after that :tongue:

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  16. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

'Oh I Luuurve your accent, are you British

A woman came up to me at Sea world and said that in the time I was living over there. By this stage I was getting a little tired of it. So summoning my finest cut glass English accent, I responded......

'Madam, allow me to explain something to you. I speak English, it is you that has an accent!'

She left me alone after that!....<laugh>

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Poof <whistle>

Seriously though, you do hear that a lot. They love an English accent and even better if you're from London. 'Oh COOL ! I'd love to visit London'. When I lived in NYC I used to date a girl from Park Slope, she was a native New Yorker and I was as taken with her accent as she was with mine. Have to say, that NYC drawl was a big turn on for me. I was always getting her to say 'Come up and see me sometime' with that NYC accent, she thought it was hilarious.

Californian accent is a bit more annoying on women, the overuse of the word 'Awesome' really grates on me ....

18. Milk not bear jizz

It can get tiring at times. <laugh>

The worst is when youre being intimate and say something and they say "I love how you say that, say it again". Nothing kills the mood quicker.

PINKIE likes this.
  19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> You from the UK fella ? I thought you were a Yank.

20. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

This was back in the early '80's when a British accent was far rarer. I was very polite mostly, but also took advantage of the ones who's knicker elastic seemed to loosen at the sound of an English accent. But after a while it got on my tits.