1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tips / Bets STABLE STARS 2016/2017 National Hunt Competition (ATR)

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by TopClass, Oct 24, 2016.

1. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

It seems ludicrous for us not to have a go at a free Fantasy Jumps competition on not606 so I invite you all to enter and we will have our own mini league. Have a read, make sense of it, and get a stable entered. It will give us some fun over the winter I am sure, without the need to stake a bet.

League Name:
    Not606 Racing

PIN 10128

stable stars 2016 2017.png

Stable Stars Game - Start to finish

Competition period: Friday, 11th November 2016 to Saturday 29th April 2017.

Points Scoring begins: First race on Friday 11th November, 2016.

Entries Open – Thursday, 20th October 2016

Entries Close – 9pm on 21st April, 2017.

Setting up your Stable
    Players must create their own team/stable name upon submitting an entry.

A stable will comprise of 10 horses, 2 Elite Selections and 8 Main Selections and one horse will have to be selected as the “Stable Star”.

Stables set up after Friday, 13th November, will not be eligible to win points in the first Game week.

Once the game has begun (11/11/16), 10-horse stables can only be created between 12.01am Monday and 9pm Friday each week.

Stables set up in a defined “Game Week” will only be eligible to start winning points in the following “Game Week”. Each “Game Week” runs from 12am Saturday to 11.59pm Friday, e.g. a stable set up on Tuesday, 15th November, can only start winning points from the following Saturday, 19/11/16 (for Game Week 2 onwards).

**Stable Star**
    Players must nominate one horse to be their “Stable Star” each week. A horse must be selected as “stable star” upon submitting entry, which can be changed each week (if not changed, then that same horse remains the “Stable Star”).

Each player’s Stable Star scores double points for winning a race in that week (or finishing 2nd or 3rd in a bonus race).

Calculating scores
    Horses winning National Hunt races under the Rules of Racing (hurdles, chases and NH flat races) in Great Britain or Ireland will receive a number of points for each win. The number of points gained for each win is determined by the total amount of prize money the winning horse receives (as listed below):

Non-Bonus Races
    Race value Points
    Race worth £30,000/€33,500 or higher to winner 30
    Race worth £25,000 to £29,999 (€28,000 to €33,499) to winner 25
    Race worth £20,000 to £24,999 (€22,500 to €27,999) to winner 20
    Race worth £15,000 to £19,999 (€17,000 to €22,499) to winner 15
    Race worth £10,000 to £14,999 (€11,500 to €16,999) to winner 12
    Race worth less than £10,000/€11,499 to winner 10
    In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating with fractions rounded down. No points for a walkover. The official result on the day will be used for the calculation of points with any subsequent disqualifications disregarded.

Stable Star
    A player’s Stable Star scores double points for winning a race in that week.

So if a player’s Stable Star, for example, was to win two races worth less than £10K that week (10pt score for winning each race), that player would receive 40pts instead of 20pts for those 2 wins.

Bonus Races
    There will be a list of bonus races throughout the NH season, in which points can be earned for selecting the 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Players gain 50pts for selecting the winner of a bonus race, 25pts for second and 15pts for third. All horse that score points in bonus races will count as winners on the leaderboard. Click here to view the list of Bonus Races.

In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating with fractions rounded down. No points for a walkover. The official result on the day will be used for the calculation of points with any subsequent disqualifications disregarded.

Prizes
    There is a £8,000 cash top prize for the player who finishes the Stable Stars Game on the highest points total. There will be also be prizes for the 2nd to 10th places in the Overall Game, the top points scorer in the months of December, January, February, March & April, details of which can be found on the Prizes Page – Click here to view all prizes on offer.

Transfers
    Players are permitted one transfer from the Main Selections List each Game Week, transfer window is open from 12.01am Monday to 9pm on Friday (please note that a transfer only affects your stable for the following game week and does not take immediate effect).

Players are permitted one Elite transfer each calendar month. The month in which the transfer is deemed to have been made is determined by the date of the Saturday on which the horse is added to the stable. The transfer is deemed to be made in the month in which that specific Saturday falls.

e.g. if a player decides to make an Elite Transfer on Monday, 28th November, the Elite Selection will be transferred into his/her stable on Saturday, 3th December, so this will count as that player's one Elite Transfer for December.

Private leagues
    All players can set up their own private league by clicking here, and can invite friends, family & colleagues to compete against them in the Stable Stars Game. All players can also join another players private league. To join a private league you will need the league administrator to send you the exact name of the league and the individual four digit code, you can then join via the Private League's page on Stable Stables.

At The Races is not responsible for any prizes offered by individuals operating Private/Mini Leagues through stable-stars.com.

Additional Horses
    As the season progresses additional horses may be added to the game. You will be able to transfer these horses into your stable. Check the “Recently Added” tab on the transfer page, to see latest horses added to the Main Selections List.

Abandoned meetings
    In the event that any fixture involving a horse you have selected is cancelled or postponed to fall outside the Game time period (11/11/16 to 29/04/17) this selection will not score any points.

Injuries/Retirements/Bereavements
    If one of your stable selections is reported to be out for the season, you will be able to transfer the affected horse out of your stable as per the normal Stable Stars transfer policy.

Stable Stars Game Terms & Conditions
    - Employees/personnel of Horses Mouth Ltd (t/a Racecaller) are not eligible to enter the Competition.

- Employees/personnel of Attheraces Ltd and their groups of companies and any employees/personnel of Satellite Information Services Limited providing services to Attheraces Ltd may enter the Competition but will not be eligible to win any of the advertised prizes.

- Only one entry is allowed per person.

- Incomplete entries will be void.

- Free bet prizes will be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant bookmaker.

- The promoter reserves the right to adapt the silks, stable name and/or name of a participant.

- The promoter shall not be responsible for lost or misdirected messages, unavailable network connections, failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures, hardware, software or other communications failures or circumstances affecting receipt or entrants ability to participate in the Competition or if any racing applicable to the Competition or the prize is cancelled for any reason.

- The participant consents to the use of their name for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation. Your personal information will be treated in accordance with At The Races’ Privacy Policy (accessible via the link below).

- At The Races is not responsible for any prizes offered by individuals operating Private/Mini Leagues through stable-stars.com.

- Promoter: Attheraces Ltd, Millbank Tower, 21-24 Millbank, London SW1P 4QP. The promoter’s decision is final.

- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nice one Toppy. Far too complicated for me but I shall watch progress with interest. Good luck to all who have a go.<cheers>

3. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

same here Ron - too complex for my kind of life ! good luck though

4. DreverSpur

DreverSpur Well-Known Member

Snap!!

5. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

Can't get Jer's girl :headbang:

6. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

It's quite easy lads really. Just log on and get yourself in there. It's a small bit like fantasy football if you've ever played that.

7. TopClass

**** me lads, complicated? <doh> What you mean is you can't be arsed to read.

It takes about 2 minutes.

Step 1 - Register

Step 2 - Create your stable
    (Name your stable and select your silks)

Step 3 - Pick your team

Select 10 horses for your stable, 2 from the Elite list and 8 from the Main list

Step 4 - Choose your star

Select your Stable Star, any points your stable stars earns will be doubled (x2). You can change your Stable Star selection each week.

Step 5 - Transfers
    Players are permitted one Elite Transfer each month and one Main Transfer each week (Transfer window open from 12.01am Monday to 9pm Friday each week).

(You can do a transfer to make sure you have a horse that runs that week so that you have a chance to score points, instead of waiting weeks on end for one of your selections to run)

DONE.

I've taken the time to put it out as easy as this with all the links- why not have a pop at it for free? It's a chance to follow without betting. No risk.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is it like the 10 to Follow comp that Oddy did last year?

9. rudebwoy

toppy, I just have trouble trying to keep up with daily racing never mind playing fantasy trainer - ensuring you've got entries , who's in form , the weather , dealing with feed merchants and booking jockeys ............but great for those with time on their hands ...

10. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Just pick 10 horses rudebwoy. You don't have to ever log in again for the season if you wish no to and you can still score. It's takes 5 minutes to register and pick and about 1 minute each week to keep it updated! You won't exactly need to be taking sick days to follow <ok>

rudebwoy likes this.

11. rudebwoy

just joined for a bit of crack - do you think the testers will call ?

TopClass likes this.
  12. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Not if there's a chance they may see your crack!

rudebwoy likes this.
  13. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

I ran the office Fantasy Football for years, doing the original one where you picked a team then stuck with it for the season. It was boring, but players didn't have to do anything after the initial stage. Then I introduced a "change your team completely, week, by, week system" It was hated, by all except a dedicated few. Most people can't be arsed, but that's human nature I guess.

I'll enter a team tomorrow Toppy, but can't guarantee I'll be changing it every week/month.

Unless I get off to a flyer in the first week that is :D

rudebwoy likes this.
  14. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

I'm barely past tossing darts at a race sheet, so this is past me. But like Ron, all the best to those who have a crack. I fear I'd only bring down the average anyway.

Go the home team. <applause>

15. TopClass

<laugh>

You joined the private league? Not606 Racing and the pin is 10128

16. rudebwoy

indeed I have - nobody else there yet is there ?

17. TopClass

Well I should be, but I can't seem to find anyone listed in the league! <yikes> We'll figure it out I am sure.

18. TopClass

Can you post the link please mate (when you're on the private league section)?

19. rudebwoy

can't seem to be able to do that for some reason toppy

20. stick

stick Bumper King

TopClass likes this.