1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stoke Mark 2

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by ----HistoryRepeating----, Sep 4, 2015.

1. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

When Hughes left you guys and got the Stoke job, I thought he'd destroy Tony's work and have a nightmare in a very short space of time. He didn't, the team evolved & he did very well, people quickly forgot just what a mess he made of his time at Loftus Road. But this summer he seems to be following a very similar blueprint to his last transfer window with you. Shipping out the old faithful & bringing in players with undoubted quality from some big clubs. But already, there seems to be something not quite right in the dressing room, & quite a few people tipping them to struggle.
    Any of you guys noticed the similarity, or have you completely wiped sparky from the memory banks & prefer this thread to go the same way?

2. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Who? <laugh>

3. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

4. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can't really say I've taken any notice of what's happening in the premier league this season. ...
    is he ruining Stoke? Who cares?

5. sku

sku Well-Known Member

I heard one of the pundits on the Guardian podcast make a similar comparison.

I don't think it's without substance either. It would be a real shame too.

I've been lucky enough to be invited to their home matches vs QPR when we've been in the EPL by a couple of business contacts.

Whilst they were sceptical about Hughes at first; every other time since we've met up, they've spoken about his work positively. Observing that he's taken the club forward from the prosaic days of Tony Pulis.

It's early days yet, and I'll catch up soon to get a sense of whether there's any substance to these thoughts.

I actually wish them well, but I guess I'm slightly biased based on the excellent hospitality at the Britannia.

Makes me think what we could achieve if we ever get to build a brand new stadium.

6. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

I've noticed them near the bottom and did chuckle but it's early days this season so far. They definitely got out Pulised V WBA though didn't they!

7. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Never give him money.

8. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Serves Stoke right after how Pulis was treated.

9. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

When Clueless was at QPR he had to build a team. He couldn't. He arrived at Stoke with a good side that Pulis had built for him, now that he has to rebuild, the cracks are starting to appear. He will be rightly sacked before Xmas I reckon. ****ing good job an all, useless ****.

Peter Damage and Rodney like this.
  10. sku

sku Well-Known Member

I think that's a great observation. You're right too, it's the ability to carry that forward that's the true test.

11. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

He was predictable too. The opposition had us worked out before the match. He always made a substitution in the 70th minute, you could set your watch by it.
    50/1 to be the next Premiership manager to get the push. I might have some of that.