1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Signings

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We need to have a word with Sir Lyndy.....he could use his influence and make sure that the.... Scottish National Party....doesn't end up taking over SW Devon.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle have signed Josh Simpson 26 yrs old captain of Crawley who as rejected a new contract with the club....he is a Central midfielder.

He has signed a one year deal.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This one might be good without thinking about it too much. The midfield general I've been seeking. Happy with this.

I find it odd though these days where all of these signings seem happy enough with a year rather than longer contract. I guess it's probably become the norm in this league now.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Think we have been caught to often giving Players longer contracts, i suppose they have to work now to get another year or out the door.. Good in that way but then if they perform well they could move on for free? Don't think anyone can win... He seems to be well liked and good reviews..
    At least if the jocks don't perform they can go home this time next year.. i am hoping it all comes together and we stay at the top of the table all season.....

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just done my rounds of the forums and indeed this one does seem to be a popular signing with virtually everyone, One more for good luck and a couple of loans we should have enough. Have a feeling we might do quite well this season.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been digging around lots of sites trying to figure out why Josh Simpson only played 9 games last season.

Obviously a very unlucky season for him....previously he had not been known for being injured.

He picked up an ankle ligament knock in the first league game of the season....which kept him out for a month.

Not long after returning he had an hamstring injury....returned after a month......but ended out a further 6 months with the injury and only returned in April.

Crawley did offer him a new contract but he refused it and is now at Argyle.....Crawley did off-load a lot of players after being relegated back to Div 2......so they still felt that he was a player that they wanted.

We will have to see if he has fully recovered from last seasons bad luck and has fully recovered from his injuries.....Crawley still wanted him it isn't as if they were trying to off-load him as an injury prone player.....time will tell us if he is still the player he used to be.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

He would have done a medical plym so don't think you can read too much into the injury bit. There are plenty of players who have signed for somebody only to get injured on day one and not play for the rest of that season. We had one if you remember on loan who lasted all of 10 minutes on the pitch. We have also had players coming back from injury who have been stars of the show i.e. last season. I don't quite get why he wouldn't sign for Crawley though. I doubt they pay less than us or give lesser period contracts. Maybe he see's us as a much better prospect for getting back into league one. Either way I don't care much. He seems to be what we need so that is enough of a convincer for me.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Maybe he wanted to get away from a relegation feeling that needs lifting for Crawley.....maybe he associates Crawley with his lousy injury season and needed new beginnings to kick-start his career.....Craig Brewster knows him from his Crawley days and obviously rates him.....it could be a good move for everyone in thev end.

9. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your updates on the coming season...I follow the Argyle News every day so keep up with things.
    The influx of new players is a very positive sign of the new Manger putting HIS team together.
    Time will tell i suppose..

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Hi BC... Where have the match reports on the Woman's World Cup been? It was your turn as it was in your backyard.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

He probably couldn't BEAR to watch womens football.. ..boom boom.....:rolleyes:

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Get your coat.........no really get your coat.:rolleyes::headbang:

13. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

The Wife and i watched as much of the WWC as we could...It was a fantastic Tournament played across Canada..
    The England the team was brilliant just a bit of bad luck to be knocked out..
    The Canadian Girls were so close too..
    It was Women's Football that just about stopped the Nation...who would have though that..
    And yet there was hardly a mention of it in England..shame..
    It was wonderful to see no diving...no faking injury Etc just pure soccer...It didn't really matter which Country won..
    Women's Football was the winner..
    At least that's the way I saw it...

14. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

It was covered in the UK BC, in every morning and evening news bulletin and with live coverage of games with and without England. The team's arrival back at Heathrow also rated coverage. Not quite wall-to-wall as for the male version but a step forward.

You have to remember that everything Women do is Good and everthing Men do is Bad and the only reason Women don't do Better Still is because of Men.

There was a Celebrity quote in the paper this week to that the effect that as all men spend 9 months in the womb, we must be somehow defective in that we emerge as men and not something more like a woman. Excuse me for breathing....

15. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Rumours are that Michael Chopra is signing? any one heard this one? He is bigger than Reid now?? Past it i assume?

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams has been asked that question.....and he says that it isn't true.

17. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Not heard that one but my 'rumours' are always rubbish (like my predictions). would think he may well be past it.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Lyndy.....I'll pass on The Pentagon's computer room number to you.....they might be able to spin your predictions around for awhile .....and correct where you've gone wrong.....now you know my secret.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

(Saying this very quietly so she doesn't hear me but would have thought Mrs Jools would have been all over this lady thing)

Chopra ain't coming here and what's more nobody wants him to either.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just read the not signing anyone else story and to be honest I'm a bit surprised. We got rid of all those wages and he has spent the whole budget he was allowed on 5 players who were free????? I know they all want a few quid to sign onbut he couldn't have been given much if all he could get was 5 for christ sake. Thought we made a wee profit last term as well. All this talk from Brent about plan B for the Grandstand and we can't afford as many players as clubs on half our gates. He really does play on the good will of the locals doesn't he. If we don't go up this season he might find there are a lot less in the seats next term because good will only lasts so far.