1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland Job

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by rokerparka, Oct 6, 2015.

1. rokerparka

rokerparka Active Member

I can't believe no one wants the job,we've got our own ground and academy(hardly used) and a fantastic fan base,so all he has to do is get it half right and lead us to mid table security a couple of cup runs (heaven forbid we win one) and he'll be a hero,if he fukcs up he'll get a handsome payoff and we start all over again

2. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-Known Member

Some overseas manager will pop up that no-ione's eeven thought about.

3. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

I think a lot of this noise is coming from the media, I still firmly believe that it will be Alladyce, thank God ole saggy chops has distanced himself I could do a better job than him.

4. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Dreadful move for anyone's career.

5. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Hang about, its sounds like a really good job when you say it like that. But what about Mr DiCanio, the first ripples of displeasure he causes the players and he's unceremoniously thrown out with his reputation tarnished! Now, he may well be a tad mad, but he seemed to suss things pretty quick when you look over the next two years. Its a job with a big risk attached if you care about more things than just money.

Gil T Azell and smithy in nl like this.
  6. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

Please, the media suddenly decided he was Mussolini's heir. Wasn't a problem at Swindon...

7. rokerparka

rokerparka Active Member

please god not pearson

8. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I can to be honest. For all manner of reasons. :(

9. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

I know where you are comming from can destroy reputation(s) if new or younger mgr but if already experienced & established not so sure - MON - now his national team mgr , SB - success at Hull , MM - successfull at WOolves

10. red&white wanderer

Sorry -cont - typo Wolves - both DA & RD have indicated a lovely club but board room issuees

Brian Storm likes this.

11. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

It depends on the manager. I can't see why some of the managers mentioned would come (Moyes in a better position I think) and the Dyche link reminds me of when we were linked with Howe and McClaren in February time - no reason to leave a club where things are going well and pushing for promotion for one possibly headed in the other direction. The issue is not just where you are right now its that you have been in this position each year for the past few years

12. red&white wanderer

uu
    A challengING project to overcome for an ambitious mgr - no losing face either - Americans can be ruthless reformers - aka Bob Bradley - loads of pluses here Opens up US marketplace, links with chairman , a new mindset for the players - a successful footballer ... could do worse and most importantly wants to come & is young

smithy in nl and The Relic like this.
  13. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

That would probably be classed as wholly right. Not even Sir Alex could do any better than that in your current situation.

Ive no doubt the goal for any manager will be 17th plus.

I should think given your current situation, any manager coming in would want complete control over transfers, i don't know much about your transfer policies (i.e. who scouts and brings them in), but since Poyet called himself the 1st team coach, it may deter some managers from accepting approaches.

red&white wanderer likes this.
  14. red&white wanderer

Agree there we really make a good job of getting into a mess but as NP an BBC want to come here

15. red&white wanderer

typo - cont - BB want to come we should seriously consider that fact - not only big name/reputation. What did you think of NP at Leicester - we've only outside looking in perceived views

16. Zlash

Zlash Well-Known Member

Congerton is our DoF but he's handed in his notice and will be leaving at the end of the season. Any new manager coming in would probably be given what he wants ie. total control over tragets, fees and wages or leaving that up to another DoF - can't imagine DiFanti or Congerton have convinced Short to continue with this model tho. It's worse than watching Bruce and O'Neill wasting it on the likes of Wickham and Graham. At least sacking them makes sense when it's their squad. Short doesn't have that if DiFanti and Congerton are responsible for the players brought in

17. Blind Corner

Blind Corner Active Member

Wanderer, I wouldn't say 57 was young, maybe compared to a few of us on here it is but not for a PL manager, coming straight into pressure cooker situation could see him off altogether.

red&white wanderer likes this.
  18. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Is that the same Hull he relegated last season?

Unbridled success that!

19. red&white wanderer

Marcus I was trying to show his reputation did not get too sullied - he got a job quickly - they soon discovered how inept he was mind

20. red&white wanderer

Mm - lol - think I may be going up an emotional blind corner - inexperienced in English (premier) league perhaps - thanks