1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Table if games in hand is won

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

We have already played 31 games and many teams below us have games in hand, some have 2 or even 3 games in hand on us. Now IF they win all their games in hand, (now I havent checked if any are facing each other) this is what the table would look like now.

Team................ Pl... Pts
    Barnet............... 31... 62
    Rovers............. 31... 57
    Macclesfield...... 31... 57
    Grimsby............ 31... 56
    Eastleigh........... 31... 56
    Halifax.............. 31... 54
    Gateshead......... 31... 53
    Lincoln.............. 31... 51
    FGR................... 31... 50
    Kidderminster... 31... 49
    Dover................ 31... 49

Macclesfield have 1 game in hand, if they win that by more than 3 goals then they overtake us on goal difference.

We cant afford any more slip ups because there are teams right behind us and could be more teams joining them in hunting us and Barnet down.

2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah we can't afford to many more draws or defeats I actually think Grimsby will be the team who catch Barnet IMO we will have to make do with playoffs just not enough goals and to many draws.

3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Points in the bag are what matter. Dover are on a storming run at the moment. They could b a threat in a few week' time.

4. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Yep I think play offs as well. We don't have a top of the league feel about our team as we keep chocking when Barnet slip, and never take advantage. Draw far too often as well. We have won 15 and drew 12 haven't we? Haven't looked at our league table recently but I don't think there is a single team who have drawn as many as us, and maybe 1 or 2 who are even close. Need to start turning those draws into wins and quick if we want to win this league

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Hopefully Easter will be the player that can turn the draws into wins. Or the usual will happen at our club and he gets a 9 month injury! <doh>

We have just scored 40 goals in 31 games. How on earth are we 2nd?? Well we have only lost 4 league games (the lowest amount in the league) and we have conceded the least amount of goals which is 24 goals conceded. Only 1 other club has conceded less than 30 which is Macclesfield who has conceded 27 and remember we put 4 past them too!

Clearly our defence/keepers have got us to 2nd place. I hope Easter and what I have seen of Dawson on Youtube, that they could make the difference in the amount of goals scored. If we can sort that out then these draws will turn into wins without a doubt.

Also now Brunt is gone, that should free up a good amount of more wages being available to bring someone else in. We are missing a creative midfielder. With Sinclair and Ollie Clarke both out injured, we are lacking in the middle of the pitch. Mansell is on his own. I know we could play Lockyer at CM which allows Leadbitter in at RB but Lockyer and Mansell are too defensive which is good to protect the defence but really our defence is good enough to have just one protector in front of them like Mansell. When Sinclair is back from injury he will go into CM ahead of Clarke but we then need someone to be our creative spark. We have Balanta, Dawson, Gosling and Monkhouse who can play as the creative midfielder in the hole behind the front two. But really they are all wide men so not a natural spark behind the front two. I think DC should get someone in who can creative things for Easter/Taylor/Blissett (which ever two starts up top), but also to score a few himself. Maybe get back Della-Verde again as we know what he could bring but again putting him in the hole is not his natural position.

Im just annoyed that the draw at Woking as made us look behind our own shoulders at the chasing pack and if they win their games in hand we could easily slip out the top 5 if we slip up again!

6. Gastronomic

Easter's never been prolific, but hopefully he'll get a few goals and create a few more. And I hope DC doesn't stick with him for too long if he turns out to be a turkey.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Macclesfield played today and won 3-0 meaning they are level with us on points and goal difference, HOWEVER they are now above on goals scored so we are now 3rd.

Grimsby won as well today so are now 4 points behind us and still with a game in hand.

Barnet won too so they push further ahead.

A bad day for us!

8. Gastronomic

No worries. We'll soon be back in action and giving them all a run for their money...

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i like your optimism but the lack of game time is worrying with match fitness and momentum.

10. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

good job KIDDERMINSTER didn't win or else more pressure! Think you will make the playoffs though... your fate is in your own hands

not much help in next 2 weeks..Eastleigh v Grims .. Halifax v Barnet .. kidder v Eastleigh and You v Lincs

Barnet 71
    Maccs 63
    Rovers 63
    Grimsby 57

looks like 90 pts will secure number 1 spot 75 pts 5th spot and EASTLEIGH is the team that will be most "annoying"

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Good post jgf2 <ok>

We have been looking up at Barnet but now we seem to be looking down at the chasing pack instead. This is because we aint playing! Our game was cancelled today because th oppostion was involved in the FA Trophy. Their game got postponed today. That is frustrating as our game would have gone ahead as I doubt there is anything wrong with our pitch.

12. Gastronomic

The good thing is that the next game is against Dartford. A good run out and winnable. If it was against one of our main rivals or a better team I would be worried by the layoff too.

13. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

2 players injured, squad of 16 fit left plus any under 18s. be positive we only need to be 1 point clear at the top after the last game and league football will be restored. DC I trust to get us there with this squad of players plus possibly one other to aid our midfield in the absence of Clarke and Sinclair

14. johngalleyfan2

All games winnable, but smarting from 6 -1 defeat! you need more than a draw,
    other than Barnet, the top of the conference is quite complex and you will do well to be in the play offs at the end..then it is the old old story are we the best at the time of the 4 teams sitting there!

15. Gastronomic

It will go down to the wire in most divisions. And it won't be the teams at the top now who will be there at the end...

16. johngalleyfan2

Should have returned with 3 points in the lead twice... potentially now 7 teams fighting for 5 places!

17. johngalleyfan2

this weekend is a belter easiest games....Maccs v Welling and Eastleigh v Telford

18. johngalleyfan2

LUCK SMILES DOWN as Wrexham benefit for a reversal for Barnet with Akinde sent off.....