1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tammy saved the club

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

LJ did not keep City up.

The unproven young man that arrived from Chelsea Tammy Abraham kept City in the championship without him we would have been down long ago.
    He managed to have a good season scoring more goals than he and City expected.

Next season there is a massive hole,how City go about it will be interesting.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I've got to say it before any of the luvies jump in, Johnson jnr signed Tammy, it was down to his trust and the relationship he built with Tammy, his family and his Chelsea bosses, he did the leg work, achieved the signing and deserves the credit for it.

Having said that he has almost buggered up eveything else he has been involved with within our club.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    TampaBayBCFC likes this.
  3. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Eh who got him to the club? Also We had a striker scoring goals last season who wasn't here this season. So we will have the same scenario next season. You kept banging on about Taylor before we bought him so he is obviously your answer

4. Red Robin

Taylor has been fantastic,goals will come.
    Gas fans say he was lazy.
    Personally think he has ran teams ragged.
    Created many assists for others to score.

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Tammy saved us this season? Maybe.
    Kodjia did last season.
    JET the season before.

.... how far back do you want to go?

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

We obviously need saving more times than we would like. Don't expect much to change in the wanting department.

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I go back as far as Big John Atyeo but I still bleed when I'm cut, life doesn't change, I am as daft about Tammy and always had a soft spot for JET..

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I'm seeing what the gas saw then.. I have watched him intently.

There is some good movement, although he has a habit of drifting out of games and being lazy and his finishing is poor.

I will allow him a pre-season and at least 15 games to settle, but I am not overly impressed personally.

robin_unreliant likes this.
  9. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Analysing the home and away league table. Our home form is Won 11 D 4 L7 37 points. Away is W 3 D 5 L14 14 points. At home we are 14th. Away 22nd. Only Forest and Rotherham (who have only 1 point all season) below us.Easy to see where we need to pay attention.

10. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

You really are a dumb ass RR, who brought Tammy to the club?

11. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Right let's get one thing ****ing straight but first of all, I love Tammy. He's been the only good thing to happen to us this season BUT!! his goals are mainly tap ins... Now yes I know he has to be in the right positions and he has to have that strikers instinct but let's be honest he hasn't ever grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and dragged us to victory, he's not that sort of striker and never will be. Yes his goals have helped us but 90% of them have been put on a plate for him. He gets a lot of credit because he scores but the whole team have helped him achieve 25+. We'll miss him next season that's for sure and strikers like him are incredibly hard to come by but don't kid yourself by thinking Tammy kept us up. That's a load of ****. The whole team have done that! They also put us in danger too!

Now I know most of you all want Johnson out, I most certainly did after that dreadful run but we're now in the same form as we were at the beginning of the season. The thread is on OTIB where it basically breaks the season in to 3 parts. In that middle part from October 15th - January 28thth (I think) is when times were ****. A few of those games we lost 3-2 after being in the lead and most of those losses were by 1 goal. Now we're safe I can look back at it and Johnson and have a clearer thought. He's not actually that bad of a manager. The players were mainly responsible for what happened in those games. LJ can't be blamed for individual mistakes or a players loss of form. If you chucked our defence now into that period we'd probably have won more!

So Johnson is here for next season. Renew your season tickets as supporters. If I was able to go to games I'd renew but it's just not possible for me at the moment. This club has been in much worser hands and in much worser times. The O'Driscoll era being one of the worst but we still backed them. We're in the championship fighting with some great teams, teams that have won the prem, played in Europe and have some absolutely quality players. So back the boys! What the hell else are you going to do on a Saturday!? Well I know, you'll do the same as me. Be at home, listening/following the game and wishing you were there.... it shouldn't matter who the manager is or what division we're are in. We're they to SUPPORT. So do your part. You'll regret it if you don't.

12. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I have been saying this all along. We are not that bad, even when we lost so many in a row, we only got beaten by more than 1 goal twice, and had it not been for silly errors we would have taken points on that run. Either side of that we have had top 10 form. I'm not sure of some of the fans vitriol towards our manager is because it's LJ and the play off final decision by his dad( forever since perpetrated by Redprintt) or if it would have been the same if it was a different manager, what I do is that over the last 5-6 seasons we have had some bad managers and relegation, yet nothing has divided fans like this season with a manager who has kept us in this division for 2 successive seasons, which hasn't happened since his dad was in charge.

13. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Personally I hate putting all our eggs in only one basket....Relying on one striker for all the goals is suicidal.
    Yes you need your strikers, but you need more other positions to come up with goals too.
    Like others have said....RR, your thread is a nonsense as it was LJ that brought him here...so you should get on your knees and thank him!

14. Red Robin

Thank him for a wasteful season with the quality at his disposal,not in a million years.

15. oneforthebristolcity

I see both the managers that you're in love with are still out of management, why is that do you think.......The Job that big Sam has done compared to Pardew is there for all to see.......and Nigel Pearson,,,what's he doing now?

16. Red Robin

Either would have had us in the top Eight,not bottom eight.

17. Red Robin

errr Johnson's boss Mr Mark Ashton :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

18. oneforthebristolcity

Speculation RR......So might SOD...............................................................NOT!!

19. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

I think you'll find it was LJ who made a presentation to Chelsea as to why Tammy should come to City and not go elsewhere.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  20. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

How long have you watched football RR, football is a team game, yes Tammy was our main striker and for a young man has done a stirling job, but to say he kept us up is a stupid statement, the squad kept us up, or shall I say Frank Fielding was a better goalkeeper than any off the teams goalkeepers below us so Frank kept us up, what do you think.