1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Southampton

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by DAPARKERSAFC, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

<wah> what a ****ing mess.. replacing **** with ****e.

2. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

That's why we have a Director of Football.....maybe we change his title too Director of Sh**e..... :)

We are so screwed for options at the moment and your right!

Look at last years run in...we had Alonso, Bardsley, Ki, Borinni, Colback nearly half a team there currently missing. We seem great at replacing players with worse ones...albeit PVA beens a great buy imo. It's always been our Achilles heel. Don't think Congerton is up for it....

3. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

its going to be very hard to replace this lot with any worse

makemdan and Sam_Fring like this.
  4. LAMackem

Forgot about Gardner available this time last year as well....that's 6...so midfield options this time last year we had Catts, Seb, Colback, Ki, Gardner, Borinni...I think at the club someone thought Rodwell was going to come through. Clearly with him out for so long this was a big ask....another case of not doing our homework...

salad fingers likes this.
  5. kirklees mackem

kirklees mackem Well-Known Member

If Coates hadn't been covering so well for O's***e yesterday, we would have lost

6. LAMackem

Coates was ok yesterday because the way Stoke play. High balls into the box. Once he got burned by the pace of Diouf. I think if he was put in against Palace Bollassie would have took him apart in that game as well. Colin Todd is still out of contract isn't he...lol? Need some pace at the middle of the back too. That word pace....hmmm......wonder what it is because we aint got it where we need it....

7. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

When it comes to replacing crap Short needs to boot Byrne and Congerton out the door no matter what division we are in.

We need a proper CEO who knows football.

We don't have the financial clout to operate the dof model, especially with a charlaton like Lee Congerton.

8. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Ehh?

9. DAPARKERSAFC

I don't think the director of football model works when your shopping at lidl.

Fair play to Short for trying it but its failed and we have to ditch it imo.

I don't see how a criminal law solicitor can run the club day to day.

I certainly don'tsee how she's warranted a massive pay rise which was reported a few month back.

We need a proper CEO who's been around football and successful at another club. Surely Short could head hunt someone.

If not for the TVmoney and Short dipping into his own pocket the club is being run into the ground

10. Brian Storm

But how can we not afford it? That's what's confused me.

Watford are on the verge of promotion with a DoF and limited shopping budget. Swansea and Soton both gained promotion with a DoF in place. I don't buy that we can't afford a DoF.

My only blame on Congerton is he allowed Poyets too much freedom on transfer decisions. Had he taken a more dominant approach like Di Fanti was I think we'd have had Richards, Ki and Alderweireld here this season and everything would be very different. But the DoF doesn't set the budget, he just makes use of it. My Blame lies with Short.

11. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

This is kind of my take on it. Congerton needs to step up and do his job. He needs to tell a manager to go **** himself and sign the players he thinks make the best team.

Letting Poyet influence him has seen us go backwards this year.

Short, though I love him, needs to spend some cash.

12. Brian Storm

Agree 100%

13. DAPARKERSAFC

For me I'd rather we reverted back to a manager bringing his own players in that suit the system he wants to play.

I don't believe for one second that Congerton had Richards and Alderwereld ready to sign here ahead of Fiorentina and Southampton.

Also there was no chance of Ki coming back.

Di fanti lost his, Poyet lost his job. If we go down surely Congerton loses his job.

14. Brian Storm

Doesn't surprise me. After the AJ thread **** knows how your thought patterns work. Not worth the debate anyway. I'll leave it<ok>

Aussie blackcat85 likes this.