1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone from a wet n windy Southampton.

Chris Wood could become just the 6th Leeds Utd player to score 30 goals this season....

please log in to view this image

But how does he compare?

Would you swap?

Interesting stat here!

Which midfielder would you have said has played the most minutes for us this season?

Vieira (1694)

Bridcutt (1682)

Phillips (1663)

O'Kane (1558)

If the unthinkable happens, and we go up, which 5-8 players would you get rid of to make way for fresh new talent?

Farsleyexile likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

If we went up I would keep all the defenders. Green has done great but I would replace him.

For me Hernandez, Doukara, Roofe, Dallas would be my immediate concerns/position.

Realistically best case scenario would be survival in the PL so as much as I would like to see a mass injection of cash I think we are going to have to invest wisely in players who we could afford to keep should we go back down, a point Eire made when I questioned would Hart be a good signing.

We know our defence is good enough for this league so I'm hoping up or remain, Bartley needs to be our first signing

Previous strikers, I must admit I never took to Chapman and never really rated him. Would prefer strikers back who never hit 30 like Yeboah

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, Green has just earned himself a fresh deal by hitting his appearance quota.

Not sure about Roofe and Hernandez. They are on my undecided list.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hernandez would be ok for at least another season in the Prem as he would get more time on the ball before being clattered. So for me would be even better as a 10. Say something yesterday that said Anntonson was originally a 3 phase payment deal but we have already completed the last payment in December. Now does that mean Monk thinks hes going to be better next season? he did score 12 goals in 14 starts for Kalmar before coming to Leeds. We need a striker up whatever happens. We have no goals without Wood. Wood cannot be expected to batter away all season as he is doing on his own in this system. He wouldnt get what hes getting in the Prem as defenders are better so need to think logically.

we use a system that has worked but a good coach can counter, so too one dimensional. Is it because we dont have strikers or Monk refuses to change tactics? I dont know and not complaining as hes done great but for the future. How many of our kids have had a great season and will make it into the first team next season? Im not hearing many names this time. Also we have players out on loan who will be back, how many if any do we keep or get rid of? If we go up there will be more than 5 to go. Duke, Roofe, Dallas for me but Anntonson too unless Monk has an eye on him. Erwin & Co. Billy Whitehouse and a couple more kids were brought in but dont seem to have made the grade?

5. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

To be fair unless you have someone of outstanding ability a player needs an extended run to show what he can do.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Agreed yet Duke fancied over Marcus almost every time? Think we all agree Duke isnt the future but it does seem we may have finished buying Marcus so we can sell him. he doesnt even feature much for the U23s, and yes he scored a great hat trick not so long ago but still never got in the first team. I think much of this is down to 4-5-1 as he cannot work the line on his own, so playing him means we need to switch and Monk doesnt really do that. He is however a goalscorer so either we give him a chance in a 4-4-2 or we offload him which tells everyone we only play one way

7. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Morning guys, seems we paid a third of Antonsson fee last summer when he signed, third to pay this coming summer, final instalment Dec 2017. So we don't own him yet. <ok>

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I read last night an interview with former club owner who said payments were completed 12 months early. Final payment happened in December. Not sure whos correct as suppose it could be a translation thing. Just tried googling about and getting conflicting stories, so say we have only made 1 payment?

9. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Doc likes this.
  10. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Anntonson is a case in point I always thought that he is a player who is likely to score goals given a run.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Could be right but I don't believe it would be in the 4-2-3-1 system that we have adopted.

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

So whatever happens there needs to be a mass clearout as loan players and those gone are not gone in reality until deal completed.
    Silvestri will not replace Green I expect him to go so Green steps down as 1st team regular to be under study to new keeper. Green will take over as keeping coach and look after Bailly Farrel.

Dallas, Grimes, Sacko, Duke, Erwin, Turnbull (Has he gone), O'Connor, Bamba, Dougie, Murphy, Botaka, Mowatt

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, mor times than not Antonson doesn't even make the squad

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

We've had some crap....

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Perhaps if we pay the 2/3's owing, he'll be 2/3's better

FORZA LEEDS and davy like this.
  16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Phil Hay Retweeted

Irish Daily Mail v English Daily Mail on Martin McGuinness. I do enjoy this kind of morality based on sales.

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Guess the big question will be... Will Monk remain with us... if he doesn't some of the players might get a second chance... Taylor will be off too

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Shots are reported to have been fired close to the Houses of Parliament.

Politicians and journalists have tweeted about hearing loud crashes outside the buildings,

Witnesses said they saw people being treated for injuries and reported seeing a man with a knife in the palace grounds.

Staff inside Parliament were told to stay inside their offices. The BBC's Laura Kuenssberg said police told her someone had been shot.

Scotland Yard said it was called to a firearms incident on Westminster Bridge amid reports of several people injured.

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator