1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The complaints thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by UTRs, Jul 2, 2016.

1. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

I'm pissed off with a couple of people I know but have barely spoken to for years (not in the same social circles) coming up to me in pubs and implying that my fiancee isn't good for me because she has mental health problems.

They're always pissed at the time and make snap judgements based on 2 minutes of seeing me in a couple of years (but always seem to exclude the simple observation that I appear completely happy with my other half).

QPR999 and Didley Squat like this.
  2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Apparently it does, although I've not tried it myself. My local pests are foxes and slugs...

3. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

I'm sat in a sportswear shop in Reading town centre, it's Sunday afternoon, sunny weather and I'm not holding a pint of beer...

Try topping that complaint!

Didley Squat likes this.
  4. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Mate, sorry to hear about that, no shortage of grade a d!ckheads on planet earth!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    KooPeeArr and Didley Squat like this.
  5. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

I tried that but unbeknownst to me the b******s had slipped me a bag of Tiger sh*t instead, and as we all well know cats love rolling in it

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

They're complete ****ers!

Mental illness is so badly supported in this country which doesn't help some people's ridiculous views on it.

7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Yes, the understanding of mental illness is still in its infancy globally. It's easy for people to mock but in time it will hopefully become a condition that can be addressed and understood.

8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Do they think she has mental health issues because she has agreed to marry you Matt
    :emoticon-0139-bow:

KooPeeArr likes this.
  9. KooPeeArr

Thanks all for your kind words (and Kiwi - grrrrr ;) ).

It's the attitude that it must be hard work so I should put myself first (not realising that I am putting myself first by being with the woman I love).

I think there's a more widespread awareness that there are these invisible illnesses but it stops short of trying to understand how sufferers feel and how it affects their lives.

Thanks again all.

rangercol and Uber_Hoop like this.
  10. KooPeeArr

I'd like to complain about myself - always getting up a few minutes too late so that I end up running for the bus.

Uber_Hoop likes this.

11. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

The arseholes who get right up close on the motorway when you're overtaking at a reasonable speed, but it interferes with their 90/100mph.

12. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

The arseholes who decide to overtake at a reasonable speed without looking in their mirrors, when you're about to pass them doing 100mph!

13. Woodyhoopleson

Clever, I see what you did there. I'm not often riled, but when I look in the mirror and can't even see their number plate, I could quite easily lose it with the arsehole who decides to play games with my life and that of my family. Hope to see them at the next service station.

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Tailgating and middle lane hogging on motorways are now offences but I can only find one instance of someone being fined (for lane hogging). I really don't understand how people can be caught unless the entire system is covered in cameras or we have police cars every few hundred yards.

15. Woodyhoopleson

Most motorway's inside lanes are clogged with lorries and slow moving vehicles. On many journeys, there are few occasions that you can pull in and spend any amount of time in the slow lane. So, if the middle lane is moving at 70-80 (speed limit/+10), I think it's reasonable to stay there. No point pulling in when you'll have to move over again in 20 seconds. You could also argue that increases in lane changing will lead to more accidents. It's the 90+ers that cause the issues on the road. They're way over the limit and causing vast differences between the slowest and fastest on the road.

16. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh> I hope at least one of you who plays the 1st min or two of that clip had their volume turned up rather high like I did at 1st time of playing it...<whistle>

You and the neighbors will be complaining right now anyway...

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

If you are driving that speed, fine. It's the people doing 60-70 in the middle lane in light traffic with an empty inside lane that irritate me. I make a point of overtaking them on the inside and then slowing down in front of them making them tailgate thus breaking two laws at once.

I learnt a lot about tailgating in Italy, where it is a national hobby. I was taught a neat trick (by an Italian). In particularly irritating situations, where a flash car has hurtled up behind you and there is no way you can get out of the way, simply flash your lights, from the back it looks like you are braking and you get the pleasure of seeing the car behind fall back extremely fast. I've asked lots of Italians why they feel compelled to drive 30 centimetres behind the car in front, and they have no answer at all, other than they are fantastic drivers and it poses no risk at all.

18. Woodyhoopleson

Agree, be in the right lane for the speed you're doing. Pretty simple, until Durbar's mates come steaming up behind you!
    I guy I worked with in Russia said his way of dealing with it was to slightly apply the handbrake, giving no warning of slowing. Lovely guy, but ****inel!

sb_73 likes this.
  19. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Woody, I never said I tailgate, I would never come behind you and catch a woody!

20. Woodyhoopleson

Haha, nice one. I never said you did though, it was your buddies. You're too cool for that ****!