1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread The Defining Ten Chairboys v Stanley 17th March

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Full time 2-2

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3rd and only 4 points above Bury who won away to York tonight

3. MunichDan

MunichDan Member

Sounded unlucky tonight...not surprised though after Saturday.

Not too worried about Bury Ron, they have some difficult games in the run in. If Burton beat Southend tomorrow then that might be a very important point gained tonight.

4. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Thank god our next game is away on tuesday, oh hang on damn it's on Sky. <yikes>

5. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

So for luton we are playing on a Tuesday night (awful record) on sky (awful record) against a side bang out of form (how often do we lose those)....... fair to say the omens are not good!!!

As for the Accrington game, how sam saunders free kick stayed out was remarkable! defending on the first goal should have been better, and from what I hear we dominated. Still, a point closer to promotion which is all that matters!

6. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

To be honest before saturday i'd have taken 4 points from the 2 home games as i didn't think we'd beat Shrewsbury, our goal difference might help us again this season as we're way ahead of the chasing pack.

7. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Went to the game last night draw fair result defence went to sleep just before half time Alfie's goal could have gone anywhere with the deflection it had Sam Wood could have had a hat trick with a bit of luck the free kick was brilliant goalkeeper just stood & watched hit the post & roll along in front of the goal then they go & score. With Ron a betting man last nights result was odds on Wycombe have now beaten Stanley once in seven home fixtures we have lost three times at home to Stanley, & not winning a league game at home under lights for three years the result was sorted. As I don't go very often living in Southampton the team looked a bit tired too me after Saturday. We did put Stanley under some pressure after the subs but I felt we needed to do this in the first half. Stanley are another team in this division who are capable of beating anybody on the day (look at last nights results)