1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The FA Cup Thread 2015-16

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Oct 26, 2015.

1. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Don't hate Everton, but they are no longer as big a club as people think. They are middle of the road, yet people always think they are going to win cups or do well....they disappoint every time.

2. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

They have never been a big club. Odd flashes, but hardly Man Utd. I don't think (as in expect) them to win the Cup. I hope they do because they are a proper club. As the true team of Liverpool, they have local support who don't expect anything except some decent football from their team. Their fans also recognise other teams that try to play football and have fans who enjoy a bit of a laugh, which is why I find visiting Goodison a really good day - albeit we usually lose.

3. Missing Lambo

2. Levy
    3. Levy ....

4. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

What? OK. I'll shut up about Spurs until they have won something.

5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

You do seem to have an unhealthy man love for them. The number of very pro Spuds posts you make baffles me.... And all because one Spuds fan was nice to you when you were a lad :)

6. fatletiss

I do

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  7. Missing Lambo

FLT you have just ruined my day. I've had therapy for that which cost thousands and you've undone it in one swift keystroke. I even had the pleasure of meeting their victorious team at a charity fund raiser in Liverpool. Alan Ball was the speaker and before he was introduced the MC announced some "special guests" and up stepped the Everton '84 team - complete with Adrian Bloody Heath! It was like I was being personally attacked.

I'd just learned to forgive them and you come out with this. Hope you're proud of yourself.

fatletiss likes this.
  8. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Well that just puts a tin hat on it! Woke up this morning raring to go walking with my Mendip bunch, only to find it pelting with rain, and then you have to go and print that bloody name!

fatletiss likes this.
  9. fatletiss

Yeah Chilcs... I hope he's proud of himself now :p

10. Missing Lambo

Don't start having a go at me. The wife's only just talked me into handing over the rope and moving away from the chair. You started this, FLT, just remember that. If you've got a horse you'd better check on its head tonight.

11. fatletiss

How posh do you think I am? Is this because my son plays Hockey and you think I'm buddies of Rupert? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Missing Lambo likes this.
  12. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

And you go and print up the poison dwarf I've disliked him ever since.and he miss headed it,jammy little sod.

13. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Frankly, I got over the Everton thing a few weeks after it happened. It has never really bothered me.

Missing Lambo likes this.
  14. fatletiss

I think I have other mental scars from 'that' game... namely being scared ****less as a 14 year old trying to get out the ground* as it was kicking off all around me and the police barging passed us through the exit as we tried to get our to safety.

*I'm a runner not a fighter **

** ok, I was a runner not a fighter. Now if it happened I'd just hope I could talk them to sleep and then move on :)

15. TheSecondStain

I do think certain games get built up in the memory by the agreement of supporters. Sometimes they are about wins, sometimes about losses. I barely ever remember a match where Saints have lost. The only ones that stick in the memory are the big negative scores. That 1-6 this season in the League Cup is going to take a bit of shifting, but I'll manage it. I'll probably retain the memory of Mane's excellent opening goal, and that's it. The only one that still bites at all is the 0-7 at Elland Road, and the less said about that, the better. :)

I was once chased by literally dozens of Pompey supporters while in town after a match. Thankfully, I had a head start of perhaps 50 yards when they saw me. I ducked into the Civic Centre Library knowing they wouldn't be allowed in there. Thankfully, I had a big coat on, so I was able to hide the red & white scarf. Truth is, all I can remember is being able to easily outwit them - the positive. I have zero memory of the fright or the era or match [it must have been the late 1980's though]. :)

16. fatletiss

TSS, don't be so humble. We know that your little manoeuvre was a bit of very sharp thinking while under the duress of running from Pompey fans. You knew that entering the library was going to be baffling for them as they stood at the front scratching their heads, wondering what on earth one of those was :)

TheSecondStain likes this.
  17. TheSecondStain

I've remembered a tad more about that incident. My only concern over choosing the library was when they were going to close. Back in those days facilities and shops always managed to be shut just when you wanted them open. I think I managed to find another way through the building to come out via the main entrance to the Civic Centre, though I'm not sure. That memory again.

18. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

My memories are that Williams wasn't fit, and for me, we were mainly playing with just 10 men for most of it, so don't just blame AH, and the copper who wouldn't let me go down towards the half way line, to watch the game.
    He said I could only go down there if I had kids. I said I have two at home, but apparently they had to be with me! Rules for the sake of it :emoticon-0136-giggl.

19. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

And Danny Wallace should have had a hat trick before half time and we should have stuffed them, don't forget that!

20. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I can't stand them because Pardew.

fatletiss likes this.