1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Face Of Hull...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Barchullona, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Agreed. It should have been someone from say, the Avenues...

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Based on some of the stuff posted on this thread, it sounds like there's half a chance he'll be living in Hull before he takes up the role anyway.

3. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

Hull wants and needs inward investment and inward migration. Mr Duodo is a representative of the people of Hull if not representative (in ethnic terms) of the population as a whole. Anyone unfamiliar with the City will react more positively to him than they would either of the other two, wholly uninspiring, candidates. And anyone who lives in Withernsea deserves a break, maybe even a medal. It's not like they've chosen some metropolitan idiot who has no experience of the area. I'm sure he's eaten a patty in a bread cake and knows what scraps are.

PLT, renegadetiger, AlRawdah and 3 others like this.
  4. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Its funny how some people are desperate to make a comment based on his colour and that the BBC have only gone for him because he's black, but can't bring themselves to do it, so hint at it like they're clever.

Instead, they just strike me as petty and insecure.

5. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Those HighNumbers could have got somewhere if they had been spotted.

They did hold a record at a football stadium for years though.

6. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

How do you know the other two candidates are 'wholly uninspiring' Were you one of the judges, or just being a judgmental clever **** ?

originalminority likes this.
  7. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

I rate her too Kemps, I have her top of my list of ''cross-eyed, Codhead bints'' ..... she's in a league of her own matey!

SW3 Chelsea Tiger and Kempton like this.
  8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You can watch the videos of their auditions online.

9. Quill

Quill Bastard

This thread's a mess, surprise surprise. Usual suspects being ****s over the usual bollocks.

renegadetiger likes this.
  10. Kempton

Instead, they just strike me as petty and insecure.[/QUOTE]
    Slightly cross eyed yeah, but it somehow works, It's very sexy. A bit like when a girl has slight gap in her front two teeth.

Mebbe it's just me...

11. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Slightly cross eyed yeah, but it somehow works, It's very sexy. A bit like when a girl has slight gap in her front two teeth.

Mebbe it's just me...[/QUOTE]

It mebbe is Kemps ...... :emoticon-0148-yes:

sarah c.jpg

12. Kempton

It mebbe is Kemps ...... :emoticon-0148-yes:

The **** you <ok>

spesupersydera likes this.
  13. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

My surname is really common but my maternal grandad's surname and my nana's maiden name are both of Old Norse origin. My grandad's in particular is very rare and pretty much limited to Yorkshire and parts of North Lincolnshire according to census records.

14. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

He's a privately-educated **** anarl? That's even worse than the feact he's doesn't live in Hull.

15. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

So, making intelligent teenagers from poorer backgrounds with aspirations to do STEM and other 'useful' degrees to be riddled with even more debt? Great.

How about raising entry requirements in universities, even for 'Mickey Mouse' courses? Or better yet, make A-levels more challenging/rewarding.

16. Barchullona

You haven't read what .I was saying correctly. I am not suggesting that they should be increased further. I was referring to the fact is that fees are increasing and that this will see a sense of reality returning.Which will see a decrease in courses with no cost benefit to the student.

I quite agree with raising entry requirements. It is unfair that young people are all given the impression they are all university material and that they will end up with enhanced career prospects. I don't know he old you are but university places were such a relatively rare thing local papers used to carry the names and often photos of those who got there. I also agree with you regarding A-levels.

Bengals Tiger likes this.
  17. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

I'm only 19. I'm quite aware that a significant portion of young people are choosing university (think the reported figure of entry levels is 49%), compared with say, 50 years ago, when it was probably less than 10%. Education's been ****ed for a while in this country. Tuition fees, the national curriculum, the disappearance of technical secondaries etc.

One of my modules this year on my History course is about education and the state in England. Part of the module is focused on the end of the tripartite system. I'm no fan of grammar schools in general, particularly fee-paying ones. I'm more in favour of universality of education rather than selectivity. I'd prefer a form of technical comprehensives alongside ordinary comprehensives, instead of grammar schools.

18. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I've met her a few times, she used to be married to an acquaintance of mine. Trust me, she really ain't all that.

19. Barchullona

It isn't a question of choosing university, it is being given the chance to go to one, even if not really of what used to be the required standard. When I was at school you might have wanted to choose university but you didn't get the chance.
    Grammar schools based on fee-paying are not what grammar schools were about. Selective grammar schools gave people from council houses, like myself, the same opportunity as someone in your form who lived in a 5 bedroomed detached house. Technical schools alongside grammar schools would be the best solution, similar to Germany. Universality is alright in theory but gives some people the chance to choose a better school for their kids as they are able to move house to be in their area. At least the 11plus gave everybody the same chance.

Modules...When I were a lad modules were something attached to,space craft.

Bengals Tiger likes this.
  20. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I think its a **** decision. I think he was picked cos he's black. They have done it for that reason. sure he is presentable etc

I think he's a ****. I think he's come into it to further his career. He's an opportunist trying to take advantage of the situation.

There will be plenty more just like him.

Lucy should have won. Proper Hull lass.