1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Fans Forum Sponsor Club 2015-16 JOIN US and UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Jon the Stripe, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Jon the Stripe

Jon the Stripe Active Member

ROLL UP ROLL UP ---- SIGN UP SIGN UP!!!!
    please log in to view this image

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Nice to meet you Saturday JTS <ok>

Keep up the great work.

Jon the Stripe likes this.
  3. Jon the Stripe

Thanks CJ great to see you too - Top Gashead and a gentleman

4. Jon the Stripe

If you haven't joined yet - What are you waiting for????

Just to update you we have over 80 signed up so far and i'm in early stage discussions about what could be an exciting sponsorship/opportunity for us if it comes to fruition!

Join us and together "we can make a difference!"

5. Jon the Stripe

Just to say i spent over an hour on the phone to Paul Molesworth this afternoon and it looks like he is going to be working closely with Rovers again and we may have an opportunity to help him - of course i will seek your approval as always before any final decision is made

Thanks for your continued support and UTG!!!

6. Jon the Stripe

Thought i'd pass this on to all you members - i just had a message from our boy Tommy Locks:

"I just want to thank you for your sponsorship once again this season. It is a great thing you have got going on and the
    Players really do appreciate it so thank you very much." Tom Lockyer

7. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Fellow Gasheads the highest figure I can find for last year is114 so far this year we have 80 like me I know you are proud to be a GASHEAD so please help to show your support for the work that the FFSC is doing by signing up. Tom Lockyer has said how much it means to him personally and to the players for the support received. please sign up and show your support so that no player or staff member is without sponsorship payment details on page 1 of this thread

8. Jon the Stripe

Updated "Roll of Honour" now showing we have surpassed 100!!! Which puts us on a par so far with last season

Jon The Stripe
    BlackthornGas
    In Memory of Pamela England
    In Memory of Bert Nelson
    BS10er
    Gashead 79
    Bishopston BRFC
    Old Timer
    MehewMagic
    Pirate 49
    Parrot
    Chris-Gashead
    Gregsgas
    Elizibeth Clarke
    Bideford Gas
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    Number6
    Pirateman
    NortonGasHead
    Dr Gas
    Jeff Bakes
    Rocknrollaaytollah
    ThatchamGas
    KentGas
    Blue
    NewmarketGas
    The Rovers Ram
    Strangegas
    TillysThighs
    Steve Surry
    Gastropod
    Mrs Gastropod
    Hugo The Elder
    Hugo The Younger
    Gassyjade
    Riflesgas Llyody
    Longhaired General
    S Fackrell
    Alasitsgas
    Dawlish Gas
    Diana Haines
    Gas 66
    Patchway Pirate
    Teanbiscuits
    Russgas
    Alftimebovril
    Weezord
    EastvilleErn
    Hillfieldsboy55
    Cheshiregas
    M S Sims
    S Tinson
    Tommym9
    Martin Werrett
    Geoffrey Banwell
    South Wales Gas
    Dazza
    Sane Bolt
    Derek Segger
    Gashead Geezer
    Jamie Howarth
    Brian Seymour Smith
    Eglantinorovers
    Mrs Eglantinorovers
    WestburyGas
    Gacyki
    Mrs Gacyki
    Gacyki Jnr
    Seanclevedongas
    GirlyGashead
    Gashead Fred
    This Charming Man
    Allgasandgaiters
    Gashead Blues
    Gashead Stu
    cookinongas
    Unigas
    Grayraygradon
    02b02b02ba
    Fabregas
    Mrs Fabregas
    Countygroundhotel
    GandHigas
    Nobbygas
    Simon Partridge
    Years Ago
    Mike S
    Timsbury Gas
    Fishgib
    Zulugas
    Rod1883
    Nics Imaginary Girlfriend (Pirateman)
    Dead Dog Memorial (Pirateman)
    Bob Drake
    Jean Drake
    Danny Driftwood
    Rex Lowther
    Gashead85
    Glosgas
    Gillygashead RIP
    P Robinson

( 101 Members)

Huge thanks to everyone who has already signed up - We would still like More though so please spread the word! UTG!!!

9. Jon the Stripe

As you know our aim at The Fan’s Forum Sponsor Club is to sponsor and encourage young players, but due partly to our success and of course the success of the team last season the players shirt sponsorship has almost sold out, this has occurred even after a substantial price rise! This although sad for us is really good news for the football club because new money has been generated and they will still benefit from our funds as normal.

We will of course hopefully Sponsor a first team game this season as these have been a huge success in the past both financially for the club but also I’d like to think in the way it brings supporters together to put some names to faces and also have some laughs/fun along the way.

On the Shirt sponsorship front I may have an alternative for us to consider. I have spoke for over an hour with Paul Molesworth our former chief scout who runs our Central Development Side based in Henley in Arden College, Stratford Upon Avon . Paul is still a big fan of Rovers and if you remember he was instrumental in bringing the likes of Lambert, Disley, Campbell and Walker to our club amongst many others as well as being highly regarded in the game.

To the point -
    Starting the new season in September Paul’s sides will play in the famous blue and white quarters and act as a feeder to us. This has just been rubber stamped by the club and our Academy Manager Jon Henderson is fully behind the scheme and looking forward to reaping the benefits!

There is a wealth of talent coming through up there and it is hoped youngsters from the likes of Aston Villa, Wolves, Birmingham etc. will join the set up up there and go on to play for Bristol Rovers.

The ‘Bristol Rovers Central Development’ team will play under the clubs name in The JPL League which incorporates ages U11’s to U16’s. These sides contain some fantastic up and coming talent of a very high standard and the facilities Paul has up there are one of the reasons why, and are the envy of many league clubs. Paul encourages players to start off in the lower divisions and build from there, players pay £35 per month subs which pays for these fine facilities.

So what would Paul like from us? The teams require new kits in Rovers colours and these are never asked to be paid for by the families of the players. An average kit per team is in the region of £500-£1000 so they will need up to £5,000 to sort out the whole age range. Our friends at Weston Super Mare Gas have pledged a £1000 and I’d like to think we can also help – after all ‘Sponsoring’ is our thing!

As always YOU are the members and ultimately you will decide democratically if you like this idea. So do you think this is a good idea? Ideally we need a decision within 48 hours as the kits are needed quickly (season start a week Saturday!) As always thanks for your support - UTG!!!

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Its a yes from me <ok>

11. old timer

Yes Go for it Jon

12. Jon the Stripe

Last chance to vote on this!

13. Jon the Stripe

And the winner by unanimous decision is - YES we will donate towards the purchasing of kit for The Bristol Rovers Central Development Teams!

We shall initially be sending £1000 to help with kitting out the youngsters with the possibility of sending more if possible/decided

I spoke to Paul a moment ago and he said "That's brilliant thanks. I'll get a piece put in the programme to thank you all for your support. This helps us more than you might realise and is much appreciated"

Thanks to all our members and to those of you who voted or asked questions i will try to update you on their progress and get some photos of the lads in their new kit you so kindly helped to buy - Keep spreading the word cause the more members we get the more work we can do! UTG!!!

14. old timer

Jon just Googled Bristol Evening post sports news for today and found an article on the FFSC

15. old timer

Jon would it be possible to get a fixture list put on for any of the Bristol Rovers central development teams then if anybody is in the area that they are playing in they might just get some support they were not expecting

16. Jon the Stripe

Hi - you will find all the Junior Premier League results and fixtures here mate : http://junior-premier.co.uk/Home.aspx

17. FiveApples

FiveApples Member

Hi JTS, I was late signing up this year but I paid via Paypal around the 11th this month. Happy to be a member again UTG!

18. Jon the Stripe

In that case Sir Apples you are a Legend - Official!

FiveApples likes this.
  19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I cant be assed to read those other boards. That plan b thread for example has turned into a bickering fight tit for tat. Dont want to read that. Hopefully JTS, until the story breaks out into the public, can you carry on updating us here please? Thanks.

20. FiveApples

FiveApples Member

Happy to join the Legend list JTS...First time I've been called a Sir...Arise Sir Apples has a certain je nes sais quoi about it :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Many Thanks and UTG!