1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The future

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 11, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see that the .......THIS IS DEVON website report that............Peter Ridsdale will be meeting the possible new owners in London today (11th) to discuss the way ahead for all the things that a football club should be involved in at the end of a season and especially coming out of administration.

Ridsdale has drawn up a list of all that needs to be done....ie ticket pricing,advertising etc etc. He has also asked the staff to be involved incase he has overlooked anything else.

Good positive signs,a club doesn't run by itself,give Ridsdale a chance until proved otherwise.He sees that possibly he could be involved throughout the summer into the start of the next season.

2. Lee Honeywill

Lee Honeywill New Member

Its good to see he appears to be bringing everybody together as one big team that is PAFC!

A lot of negative things have been said about PR but i honestly think we wouldnt be here today if it wasnt for him.

well done. credit where deserved!

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Is there any indications of what the prices are for next season? Also what about season tickets? Do they still have the Early Bird?

4. greenjock

greenjock Member

Yeah Ridsdale is offering a similar deal that was on offer at Cardiff. Give me your money early for a season ticket, this money will be used to buy players in January and you will get your season ticket refunded if we get promoted. Great until the money "disappears" and none is available for players in January. This guy has his eye on our club next, and yes he has shouted loudest from the rooftops with big words, but not out of the goodness of his heart. He hasnt had to spend any of his own cash and you can be sure that the day he walks away from Argyle, or is pushed, he wont be out of pocket.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

One day in hindsight its quite possible that Ridsdales involvement in PAFC saved this club from total oblivion.

Many of you might splutter and sneer at such a comment,but until proved otherwise I will accept Ridsdale at present on what I can see.

He is an improvement on the disastrous regime that took PAFC into a tail spin into the abyss of total denial (Kagami is Prince Charming and he's coming to save us) looking for the rainbow that never came. Directors who at the end of the day didn't even have a bit of paper to say were OK,wasn't it Baldwin who waved a piece of paper saying don't worry we will not be at war with Hitlers Germany, as he arrived back from talks with Hitler,sorry I digress pre-war history lesson for those who are younger.

Kagami isn't as bad as Hitler but his refusal to release promised money once the World Cup dreams evaporated in a puff of smoke were disasterous in the extreme for PAFC. If he said it wasn't coming fine,but his henchman Synan said its in the post more than once.

The glue holding PAFC together these last few months like it or not has been Peter Ridsdale assisted by Peter Reids we can't change anything lets just get on with it northern grit.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The THIS IS DEVON website today (13th) mentioned that.............. Peter Ridsdale had spent a second day in talks with a representative of the Irish group who could be PAFC's new owners.

7. greenjock

greenjock Member

Plymborn I'm sure that Mr Ridsdale acted impeccibly when he was first interested in Leeds and Cardiff and is charming when trying to obtain something he desires. It appears that he is in line to be the Chairman under the new owners so hopefully they won't be giving him the free reign afforded to him by other clubs that lets say he has had the fortune of being involved in!

Lets not forget that Peter Ridsdale has never put a penny of his own money into the club and WILL be looking to make a tidy sum out of us whilst he's in charge.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Until proven greenjock, I hope you're all wrong because we desperately need a change of fortune, more than we needed more penalties given.

9. greenjock

greenjock Member

Why else is he getting involved? Its not as if people dont know what he has done in the past. On this site and 606 the minute Ridsdale was mentioned as being involved somehow with our club, we received dozens and dozens of messages from Leeds and Cardiff fans warning us what we were letting ourselves in for.

Anyway it looks as though he's onboard in some capacity so have to wait and see.

10. Lee Honeywill

Lee Honeywill New Member

you need to give the bloke a chance as he has kept us afloat prettymuch. also useful for his football contacts/knowledge!

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ridsdale is temporary running Pafc put there by Guilfoyle, So that daily needs of the club are continued.

It is obvious that it would be him who would make contact with the prospective buyers so that the day to day needs and planning can continue.

The possible buyers need to know what is going on and give approval or not to Ridsdales present running of the club.

It will be the Irish consortium who finally decide who will be in charge and who will be appointed as Directors of the new PAFC. If they have done their homework diligently they will know what Ridsdales past record is and decide if he is the man for the top job. I say it again,until proved otherwise I go along with what Ridsdale has done at present for PAFC.

His perception of the state of affairs at PAFC made the totally out of control Directors realize that they needed help,it was beyond saving the way they were doing it.