1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Gas VS Oxford United Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Aug 11, 2016.

?

FINAL SCORE

Poll closed Aug 13, 2016.
  1. Gas Win

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Oxford Win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Score Draw

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Goalless Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

What a start to the game. We dominated and had chance after chance after chance. I was worried after 20 minutes thinking typical Rovers, dominate and not taking our chances and believing we would lose 1-0 from Oxfords 1 and only attack! But then we scored and was great to witness a goal scored during a 1 minute applause. I never seen that for anyone in any game. Nice timing Easter and a great goal too! Gaffney is definately low on confidence. He missed a sitter to me early in the game. He just needs that 1 goal but he played ok. I really wanted to see James and thought it wasntgoing to happen when Taylor and Harrison came on. I thought Gosling or Moore would be he 3rd sub so I was delighted to see James get some time. I think he will end up being great for us. Just got a feeling on that. Taylor looks like he will easily get goals at this level. Thats 2 league goals in 2 league games. But if he gets injured, I cant see Easter, Harrison or Gaffney getting those goals we will miss from Taylor. But I do think James could fit in Taylors shoes though. I was pleased to see Taylor be rested from the start which I predicted but was hoping McChrystal wouldnt start but he did and really impressed me. Thought he had a great game. Lines dominted the 1st half in the middle, which was great to see. Hope he continues this as I thought he did well vs Cardiff too. James Clarke had another great game too following on from his motm award vs Cardiff. What a signing he is turning out to be.

We now are the highest placed team to have been promoted from league 2 last season. Up next, 2nd placed Bolton. Bring them on.

2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

5. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

6. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

DC said in todays paper that the players must have thought he was insane when he had a go at them for not taking more of their goal chances after the Oxford match