1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread The Imps Are Back In Town 5th Aug 17

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The new season kicks off at Adams Park with the visit of the Imps, after an absence of six seasons when the Imps dropped into non-league and we won promotion but our stay in League 1 only lasted one season and supposedly this is the season when we gain promotion according to the five year plan we shall see.
    With Scott Kashket out for the start of the season and Anthony Stewart struggling Gaz may start with
    Brown, Harriman, Sido, AEB, JJ, Gape, O'Nien and Saunders, PCH, Beast and Tyson.
    I will be at AP for the opener although I haven't been in pre-season training so the voice may not last the full 90 mins<cheers>

Ron likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Missing key striker and key centre back against a team that knocked Brighton and Burnley out of the FA Cup (looking good in the process) and who have spent big for the new season. Feeling confident about my £200 win Lincoln; but best of luck to the Blues.

3. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Although not a big scorer I would like to see Hayes start, we always seem to do better with him in the side. Plus we could do with some of his gamesmanship, which really seems to work at this level.

4. Guywanderer

I expect Hayes and Southwell to be involved

5. Guywanderer

Is that five forwards plus Kashket

6. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

At last footie is back and life has a sense of meaning again!
    Guy and I will be in pre season training for a couple of hours in the Vere Suite - not that I think a certain Guy Wanderer is out of practice.
    Looking forward to the season and seeing how we do without Pierre. Our defence has always been our saviour in the last few seasons as goals have been quite hard to come by.
    I have been doing my neck exercises in preparation for the season ahead and also think that we should get more fans this season. That is based upon the fact that our games always last longer than anyone else's (great value for money with a minimum 10 mins time added on)

Guywanderer likes this.
  7. Guywanderer

After a 3 month wait it's MATCH DAY :1980_boogie_down::emoticon-0103-cool::emoticon-0102-bigsm<party>:emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:<cheers>

8. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

My god i'm in shock as Ainsworth left Hayes on the bench thankfully,looks like a 4-3-3 with The Beast,Tyson and Southwell up front.

9. Guywanderer

10. Guywanderer

Sweet Luke O'Nien 1-1

11. Guywanderer

12. Cardiff-Wycombe

Can we sneak a winner in the last 10?

13. Cardiff-Wycombe

Nope

14. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Think you can be satisfied with your 2 - 2 against Lincoln. Lets be honest it was a real nut cracker of a first game and they were going to chuck everything at it. Probably most neutrals would have been looking for a fairytale for them as well given their exploits of last season on the tele.

15. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

You could tell both teams were satisfied with the point at the end as their was little urgency to the play in injury time.
    To be honest, although Lincoln had a stronger second half, neither keeper was really tested and therefore I don't think anyone deserved the three points.
    We were our usual frustrating selves, with the ball regularly missing the midfield on its way up to Bayo. Poor old Tyson never got a kick first half.
    We seem to use our midfield in defensive mode only and bypass them when going forward. This didn't work well today as their very tall centre back did a good job on Bayo, so there weren't many scraps to feed off.
    I thought O'Nien, Sido and Jacobson had good games. Nobody had a mare, though Southwell made the error for their first.

From today I think we can expect very similar to last year - probably a mid table finish

Guywanderer likes this.
  16. Guywanderer

The last time the Imps came to town was nearly 7 years ago and it finished 2-2 and we were 2-1 up at half time and I expect both teams were happy with the point.
    I thought there was a spark missing from our game yesterday maybe it will come at least we didn't loose and everyone came through the game unscathed, we need to build on that performance over the next week or so

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was a better result than I expected so quite happy with that. Will be interesting to see how Lincoln do from now on. Could turn out to be a good point.