1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 14, 2024.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 14th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Wagner's coy injury update on striking duo

Norwich City head coach David Wagner has kept his cards close to his chest when asked about the fitness levels of Ashley Barnes and Josh Sargent.

Sargent, a USA International with 23 caps was signed by Daniel Farke during his four year tenure at Carrow Road, and knows the player well. He is the Canaries top scorer this season with 16 goals and 2 assists, even though he has less than 2000 minutes of game time under his belt, due to recurring injuries.

He limped off during the closing stages of Sundays first leg, though Wagner does not see his injury as anything too serious, and as of yesterday has not even checked on the his player or spoken to the medical department.

“I haven’t spoken with him or the medical department [regarding Sargent]. Obviously he was not able to carry on. He has problems with his ankle but he is tough. I don’t think this will be a big issue.”

Veteran forward Barnes, 34, missed Sunday's game with a calf injury The former Brighton and
    Burnley player joined Norwich last Summer and has more than played his part, netting 7 times, and providing five assists.

“I don’t think there is a big chance, but we know Barnesy is Barnesy and I know that our medical department works 24/7, so I won’t rule him out, but the chance is not huge.”

please log in to view this image

Norwich fans set off fireworks at hotel where Leeds players were staying

Norwich City fans set off fireworks at the hotel where the Leeds players were staying on the eve of the play off semi-final.

Fireworks were set off at 1am and 4am around Sprowston Hall, a luxury Manor Hotel and Country Club on the outskirts of Sprowston, in a deliberate act to try and interrupt the sleep of the Leeds players ahead of their most important match of the season.

According to Elland Road journalist Phil Hay, the players were only vaguely disturbed by the noise. The culprits who have not been caught posted videos of their antics on social media which have been doing the rounds.

Is the Gnonto chant acceptable

The Elland Road faithful were yet again in fine voice at Carrow Road on Sunday lunchtime, making themselves heard over a predominantly packed Norwich Stadium.

They spend thousands of pounds each season following the Whites wherever they go, shuffling both their home lives and work in the process. Whilst their unreserved support must be applauded, there's a more sinister side to our fanbase that has plagued our club for generations.

Gone are the days of the 80's where thuggish, racist behaviour was acceptable, but there still seems to be a large contingent of Leeds fans intent on lowering the tone. Is this acceptable at football grounds in 2024?

The Wilfred Gnonto chant was once again in full voice on Sunday 'He eats Spaghetti, he drinks Moretti, his c*ks f**king massive!' Is this acceptable? If you were taking your young son / daughter to a game for the first time, would you want them to hear this?

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  2. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with the chant but they should change the words slightly to “Gnonto is a massive ****ing dick”.

OLOF, NostradEmus and Wakey like this.
  3. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

don't kids hear (and say) this themselves ? i'm sure we've uttered similar words ourselves back in the day, after all it's nothing new........err 'you're gonna get your ****ing head kicked in' was TOTP for many years <whistle>..................some things never change ;)

Marcos Barber and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  4. Brizzlewhite

Brizzlewhite Well-Known Member

We're an inclusive bunch - if some lads want to chant and fantasize about a teenagers genitals, who are we to criticise them.

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Personally, I find it a little crass, but I am a Southerner

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Ya Southern poofter <diva>

Oh hang on….I’m a Southerner too <doh> :emoticon-0111-blush

7. Wakey

Wakey Well-Known Member

You are all southerners to me.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Missed this thread, was getting my days mixed up, evening anyone who’s still up

oldschool likes this.
  9. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0158-time:..... just got up :emoticon-0140-rofl:

ristac likes this.
  10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

We heard you weren't that fussy!!!

11. Wakey

Wakey Well-Known Member

No have bus pass will travel.