1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Another terrorist attack and I suppose everyone will tut-tut and shrug their shoulders.
    Nothing will change.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  2. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

What can be done Col? I heard a terrorism expert on the radio today say that some of these atrocities are being carried out by 'lapsed' Muslims - who may have been indulging in drugs, booze and homosexuality - and believe that they can gain salvation by killing non-muslims, as specified in the Quran.

Muslims are ordered to carry out Jihad and kill infidels:
    Quran 2.216:
    Fighting jihad (and killing kuffar) for Allah is ordained for you. It is in your best interest even if you hate it.
    Quran 9.5:
    Kill the infidels wherever you find them.
    Any muslim who ignores this supreme commandment of Allah to kill will be punishment severely (in grave and in hell fire).
    Quran 9.38:
    You who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth for jihad for Allah, you cling heavily to the earth?
    Quran9.39:
    If you will not go forth to fight in the cause of ALLAH, HE will punish you with a painful punishment.

All Muslims Other Than Jihadis Have to Do Time in Hell
    Quran 119.71:
    There is not one of you who will not go to hell; this is with your Lord; a Decree which must be accomplished. [trs. Hilali & Khan]

Only Way to Avoid Hell and Go Straight to Paradise is to Kill and Get Killed in while doing Jihad.
    The only guarantee for avoiding hell and going to paradise instantly and copulate with virgins is to carryout jihad, kill and get killed.
    Quran 9.111:
    Paradise is guaranteed for those who kill and get killed for Allah. It is a binding on Allah.

Quran 3.169:
    Those who are killed in Allah’s way are not dead but they are alive and are enjoying bounties provided by the lord.

Punishments and Rewards in Islam
    1. Infidels will suffer grave torture and will be in hell forever.
    2. Bad/non practising/heretic Muslims will suffer grave torture and long hell time. Whether they will be put in paradise eventually, will be decided on Judgement day.
    3. Muslims, who prayed, fasted, gave zakat and did haj but did not participate in Jihad and killed kuffar, will suffer torture in grave and will do some time in hell before being sent to paradise. Their hell-time will be decided on Judgement day.
    4. Those Muslims who participated in violent Jihad will not suffer any grave torture nor will they do any hell time. They will proceed to paradise after judgement day.
    5. Those muslims who killed and got killed for Allah will avoid grave and hell-time altogether. They will instantly go to paradise and start copulating with virgins. They will also be allowed to nominate 70 of their near and dear ones for paradise.
    How do we combat such lunacy?

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  3. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Explosion today outside an immigrant reception centre in Germany.
    Could this be a 'tit-for-tat' attack and possibly signal the start of some kind of 'racial' war in Europe ? Only the future will tell but it ain't gonna be pretty that's for sure.

4. Stroller

Interesting speech from Owen Smith today - far more left-wing than I was expecting. Looks like the PLP may have realised that they have to make a move to the left or **** off.

Good.

5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I don't have any answers mate.
    All I know is that something has to change.
    We're becoming desensitised to all this ****.
    Certainly, as far as I know, Islam is the only major religion not to undergo reformation over the past few hundred years.
    It must happen and they must become more tolerant.

6. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

The update on this one was that it was in Zirndorf - 300 metres from the entrance to an immigrant reception centre. Apparently a suitcase burned up - there was no explosion, and police have not found any evidence of explosive materials. Nobody was hurt, nobody even got warm as a result. However, it managed to get into the headlines and cause an alarm, which shows the nervous state that everyone is in at the moment. Raises also the question of the media in all of this - should we be allowing the barbarians who are doing these things the luxury of so much publicity ? The murder of a Priest in his own church should shock also the Islamic World into distancing itself more from its murderous fringes - I believe that 99% of all Moslems are peace loving people who are horrified at such attacks, but they should be doing more to root out this cancer from their midst. Should we be trading with countries like Saudi Arabia, who are, almost certainly, helping to fund ISIS ?

Staines R's, QPR Oslo and rangercol like this.
  7. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I think all countries not just the US, should be looking at ways of reducing the availability of weapons and explosive devices available. It won't prevent all these atrocities but may stop 1 or 2 madmen from killing,

8. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Ain't ever gonna happen while the politicians and the arms industry are so closely linked.
    A good book in the subject is by Mark Thomas called 'As used on the famous Nelson Mandela'...goes to show the hypocrisy of our current and former political class.

9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Islam always preaches peace but just take a look inside re - Women, children, homosexuality, other religions? Quite shocking.
    Like the rest of you on here i am disgusted at what these freaks keep doing. If the crave a war of religion, they will lose. I notice the French are not trying to bring them in alive. If they crave death they will get it.

Have said before i doubt anyone at my local church (CofE) are being told to rise up against the west and infidels?
    TBH the whole things a load of b@@@@@@@'s. These freaks cannot live in a normal society.
    Look at the losers that committed the crimes recently, drop outs, poorly educated, criminals. They only do this ISIS crap because they cannot deal with reality. No one will remember who they are. I cannot remember the names of the Charlie Hebdo terrorists or the others in the past. No one will care about them

What we need to do is stop sensationalise it on TV. SkyNews over do their coverage of these events. Agree it's shocking but you don't need Kay Burley walking down the street asking everyone she meets what their thoughts are? These freaks crave the publicity. They seek attention for their crime. Look at the 2 freaks that killed the priest? They had to film it to show it off.

In this country we need to be hard on preachers of hate. If the preach this crap deport them. If they are caught plotting, deport them. If they are born here and plotting a terror crime, deport them because they obviously don't belong in a British society.

10. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

Weapons are money. There's always a market for weapons to be bought (and used) by people who see them as a way to achieve their goals. There's always people willing to make money by supplying them. As Staines said, the political will to change that isn't there.

11. TheBigDipper

Christianity has plenty of previous when it comes to acts of terror underpinned by religious righteousness. Christianity plundered the Middle East and justified it by calling it a Crusade. The Church of England was founded in part by the persecution of Catholics. The Catholic Church in Spain was responsible for the Inquisition. The Bible also has it's fair share of dubious hate writing regarding other religions (although, having not read it for at least 40 years I couldn't quote anything to you).

The difference is those religions have matured somewhat and found a different way to operate. The people who follow those religions generally want to live good, peaceful lives and realise they have to persuade people to join them, not kill them. Muslims in the western world generally feel the same way. Like you say, Ellers, it's the losers in this world (stupid, mentally ill, friendless misfits, relatives of victims of western armed conflict) who are persuaded by very cynical people with political aims, not religious ones, that Jihad is the way to heaven.

Demonising all Muslims just won't work for us. It will work for IS, because it will radicalise more British-born people to be prepared to kill innocents because they will believe they are fighting a war against Christians who hate them. Every time someone calls a brown-skinned Brit a "Paki" they're just helping IS recruit their next martyr.

I just wish I knew what we can do that will work... Until someone works it out, we'll just have to hope the security services can stay on top of things and catch people in the act (or prevent them) so they can be convicted, serve time and (if foreign) be deported. We have to treat them as criminals, not soldiers.

12. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

I would never dare to call Lennox Lewis a Paki!

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I'm not demonising all Muslims but sadly it's Muslims that are causing the majority of these terror attacks. I have heard plenty of high preachers (whatever they call themselves) sitting on the fence. They need to do more.
    As i said my local church doesn't preach this crap!
    Faith schools in this country have been closed because of preaching crap to students. Meetings have been stopped due to preaching radical crap. It needs to be stopped.
    One other thing you mentioned Christian history, but that is like a million years ago. We are talking 21st Century not medieval times.
    It's quite simple if people don't want to live here and accept our ways then they can go and live in Syria/Iraq or wherever.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    rangercol likes this.
  14. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

When one attack happens, we all highlight the need to carry on as normal, in defiance of, not just an attack on innocent people, but on an attack on our way of life.

Faced with more attacks, the principle is the same but our resolve is tested.

We change, the terrorists start to win - they start to undermine our society.

The security forces have to step up and the public have to stay lawful but vigilant. We need to stay united in a clear message that hate in any form is not acceptable. Hate fuelled retaliation is no better than the hateful cowardice that incites it.

Terrorists only win if we let them change us for the worse.

TheBigDipper and sb_73 like this.
  15. durbar2003

Seems they are winning!

16. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

How so?

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Words and going on as normal will not change this.
    I am not saying we should become some Nazi style state but we need to sort these hate preachers. You send the wrong message if you don't deal with it. Take Abu Hamza? how long did it take to sort him out?
    Deal with these freaks straight away otherwise it will come back to haunt us.

Uber_Hoop and rangercol like this.
  18. Stroller

It's the ****ing religion.

Of course most Muslims are peace-loving, but the religion isn't. I know the Old Testament contains a lot of similar bollocks, but virtually no Christians believe that nonsense any more. Too many Muslims of today still believe the Jihadi stuff in the Quran. Muslim clerics need to do more to denounce these verses.

This is an interesting site...

http://www.islam-watch.org/

Shamelessly anti-Islam, but run by Muslim apostates.

rangercol likes this.
  19. TheBigDipper

I'm not accusing you of anything, old chap, not at all. All of these criminal attacks have been carried out by people who consider themselves to be Muslims. That's just stating facts. However, many of the "solutions" I have heard bandied about involve treating all Muslims as if they were all complicit. They aren't, and those "solutions" won't work.

20. durbar2003

You are telling people to carry on as normal, as if its not normal.

More armed police on the streets, people not taking holidays as normal, more racist attacks and comments etc etc

and

Terrorism hits tourism as visitors stay away from London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and Istanbul in fear of new attacks
    please log in to view this image

Hotel chains, airlines, tour operators and even some luxury retailers have been reporting a downturn in business since a spate of attacks in countries such as France, Germany and Belgium.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    rangercol likes this.