1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The pre-match tribute today

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hanover Seagull, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Hanover Seagull

Hanover Seagull New Member

I don't often register on rival forums but I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank the Hull fans at the game today for being so respectful in the pre-match tribute to the people that died in the air crash.

Just a bit of background - Brighton isn't the biggest of clubs but it is a big part of the community here in Sussex and we all tend to know each other or know someone who knows someone especially true given our history of pulling together to save our club in the 90s. We've got a very, very strong following along the South Coast along Shoreham to Worthing and as far as LA, Littlehampton to us Sussex folk, and arguably the most passionate and traditional support is from here. This tragedy has affected us deeply - I'm not quite sure why that is but the community has been stunned.

The (very) nearby club training ground was a base of operations for the accident clear-up and Brighton have played a huge part in helping in the aftermath. This training ground was where Matt Grimstone, one of our groundsman worked. I'm not a fan of using football as a way of marking public events but this for us wasn't that, it was personal, we'd lost our own and we wanted to mark that. I've never seen anything like this at a footie game before but today was special and was necessary for us to pay our respects.

Your fans were exemplary. They were brilliant. Thankyou.

2. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

RIP.

Truly a shocking and horrendous tragedy.

3. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

BHAFC today showed, how be a part of the community.

It was a privilege to play a small part in today's tribute. I saw first hand the amount of hard work put in by the club. Paul Barber (CEO), Tom Gorringe (Marketing) and Liz Costa (BH Supporters Club) along with all of the staff at the Amex, deserve the highest of praise.

I also saw many floral tributes from other clubs but the one which stood out for me was from "Seagulls Down Under".