1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Skull and Crossbones Pub & Official Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by gas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Well we'll both be 48 for a couple of months.

48 FFS.

I really must give up smoking.

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I gave up now since January, I always said before I'm 50 so a year early not bad. I was on those anti smoking tablets and the vape things. The tablets took the craving away but I needed the vape for boredom with my hands. I'm constantly puffing on it in the car, but I never smoked in the car so that's a bit strange.
    I got to admit I am a bit of a porker now, hopefully the picking of food at night will slow down so I can get back to being pleasantly plump <laugh>

If you try the vape things, get the ones that burn oil. A company called blu are doing starter kits on line for £20 but you can get the oils cheaper. I found them better than the e-cigs. There is also a vape shop in Broadmead that do big chunky ones where you can adjust the power.

If you do try good luck <ok>

3. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I've got two vapers - hate them as I find it far more harsh on the back of my throat than my rollies.

I'm going cold turkey within 12 months - it's the only way for me. <ok>

4. RedorDead

There are three different strengths, the 1.8 which always seems free with the starter packs is like smoking Number 6, if you can remember them <laugh> But when I first tried them I thought the same.

I always use the middle and lower strength with a bit of menthol mixed in so its a lot smoother.

The tablets work, they just make you depressed and tired for three months but I don't get any cravings at all even when people smoke around me.

5. RedorDead

I remember why I started the vape now. I'm a coeliac but I don't really stick to the diet and one of the side effects is mouth ulcers. I don't get the pain when I smoked, but every time I gave up my mouth would swell and become painful all the time. So I tried those vape sticks to see if the nicotine in them prevent the bastards coming back and so far so good.

6. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

**** me, hope you have planned your cremation old boy-its getting close ;)

gas likes this.
  7. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

<laugh> banksy has serious anger management issues

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Say that again and you will find out I have a special set of skills, I will find you and I will kill you!

Lareds a gas head and I reckon you lot know it too!

I saw you on TV Bluebaldee, the Sag with the tattooed head??

9. banksyisourhero

Ha.. thats rich coming from this board.. brilliant.. you can't even see it, can you!! <laugh>

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Joking or not, thats not a nice thing to say. Hope you amend or a mod amends due to the obvious. Sorry banksy, not trying to be awkward here but thats pretty out of order.

11. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

^ ^ ^

One honourable member of the Wiz and Shiny fan club. :grin:

12. banksyisourhero

That is a quote from the film Taken with Liam Neeson, most people will recognise it! it wasn't meant to offend..

Amend it if you wish!

13. banksyisourhero

Well we know your not in the Wiz fan club don't we.

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Ahh, yep seen the film and recognise it now. Thats when his daughter is under the bed and just been found right? Without you explaining it, I honestly thought you were serious <doh>

15. banksyisourhero

Yes, sorry, but I see your point.!

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Sorry if I came across funny. I didnt mean to come out like that. Just thought it was a tad harsh <laugh>

Good job I am not still mod. I would have banned you for that <whistle><laugh>

As for Lared, I dont know what has happened but going by all the comments above that your mods have banned some of your own members? And you think they are us?
    Im sure you wont believe me anyway as you said before I speak with a forked tonge, and you are positive I had other accounts before (which I am not going down that road again about) but whoever they are, they are not me. Believe what you like, which you are entitled to do but I am just saying, they aint me.

17. banksyisourhero

I don't think its you CJS and the other accounts thing was just a wind up.. he certainly has a Gas bias and whoever it is is very clever if they are on a wind up.. we have only ever had 2 bans NTTDS and Lared.. of course I believe Lared deserved it all day long! As I cannot stand the bloke.. NTTDS has been back under another name for ages and doesn't spam the board up so no harm done there!

If he's not gas .. he's incredibly stupid for City fan <laugh>

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

So what you are really saying is you know its not me because you think whoever it is, is very clever, meaning that counts me out???? <laugh> Thanks! I love you too <laugh>

Again, I have no idea what lared done but I guess it was bad? Or is it because the mods think/know that he is a gashead?

I know NTTDS was banned, that happened when I was over your way. I dint know he was back. Does he know you know he is back?

As for the line "incredibly stupid for a City fan".........That just may be the case considering that clip of the girl who reviewed our game vs GrimsBURY!! <laugh>

banksyisourhero likes this.
  19. RedorDead

You're one of the pall bearers, you've got to hold the side with super glue on the handle according to your Mrs <whistle>

20. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Lared is definately a ****head but unfortunately for him he has an opinion which is disagreeable with the old bum boy gestapo club on the ****heead board.